White Rose

The 19th Rose

 

        one shotthe white rose

 

        ┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉

 

       

               

 

                       

 

"Xia's birthday?" Woohyun closes the doors of his closet. "Wow, she's old."
 
His mother chuckles on the line. "The driver will pick you up at 7pm. Be ready, arasso? And please, be nice to her even for today." He whines. "Young man, respect her, please?"
 
He rolls his eyes. "Arasso, umma. I have to go now."
 
"Okay. Tomorrow, 7pm sharp! Love you, son. Do your best for today!"
 
"Bye, umma." He press the red button and threw his phone inside his bag.
 
Sunggyu calls their attention and starts to check the attendance. "Okay, let's go!" They leave their things and proceeds to the backstage. The technical crew gives them their lapel and made sure it's working.
 
Their manager was talking to someone else and he accompanies them after it. "Are you all ready?" he asks.
 
"Ne, hyung!" They reply in chorus.
 
The stage director signals them to enter and so they did. They proceed to their respective places and the fans began to scream. As the music starts, they cheer even more and began their fan chant.
 
They had dinner after the performance and got home by 9pm. "Boys, Music Core tomorrow, okay?" their manager reminds them. "Wake up early, sleepy heads aren't allowed starting today!" And they chuckle.
 
They went to their repectives rooms leaving  Woohyun behind. He casually approach their manager and ask something. "Hyung, can I have a night off tomorrow?"
 
"Night off? Why?"
 
He rubs his nape just like a teenager who doesn't like further questions. "Well hyung, it's my friend's birthday and my parents want me to attend so badly."
 
The manager takes a look at their schedule. "Seems like there's no schedule yet after the album signing." He looks at him. "Sure, you can take a night off!" He smiles.
 
"Gomawo, hyung!" He bow down.
 
"I have to go now!" The manger waves his hand and Woohyun nods.
 
"Careful driving, hyung!"
 
He leaves the dorm and Woohyun proceeds to his room.
 
_*_*_*_
 
The next day: 6.30pm
 
Infinite took a long time signing their new album. Woohyun keeps on loongking at his wrist watch. For some reason, he was rushing his autograph thinking of what must be his birthday gift to Xia.
 
"Bro, I need to go in thirty minutes!" he whispers to Dongwoo.
 
"What's with the rush?" he answer back as he smiles to the girl asking him to sign the album.
 
"The driver is a time freak. I need to be out in thirty minutes! I still need to buy a gift and change clothes!" he rants.
 
"Tell manager hyung!"
 
Woohyun put down his pen and leave before the next fan approach him. The girl doesn't know what's happening but she notice that he's on a rush.
 
"Hyung, I have to go now," he tells their manager.
 
"Oh yes! Sorry! I forgot about your night off!" The manager looks around to find a staff. He grabs an ahjusshi for a favour. "Ahjusshi, can you him out secretly?"
 
The ahjusshi examines Woohyun. "Arasso," he says casually. Woohyun runs backstage and disguise himself. The ahjusshi leads him out of the venue safe and sound.
 
"Ahjusshi, can I stop by a store for a while?"
 
The ahjusshi looks around. "Sir, I think it would be a risk. You might have the attention of the crowd especially with your suspicious attire."
 
He sighs. "Arasso."
 
They wait by the parking lot and the driver was waiting for him. Woohyun bows at the ahjusshi. "Thank you for escorting me out, ahjusshi! Is there any way I can pay you for doing so?"
 
He takes something from his coat—their latest album. "My daughter wants to have an album signed by you so badly. Will you sign it for her?" He extends the album to him.
 
"What's her name?" 
 
"Hyeri."
 
Woohyun smiles and get a pen, then he signs the album. "I have to go now! Thanks again, ahjusshi!" He enters the car and the ahjusshi bow down. "Thank you," he mouths and Woohyun nods.
 
"Sir, your tux is at the back," the driver says. He turn his back and hop to the passenger's seat and there he change his clothes.
 
They arrived the at the hotel at exactly 7:30pm. Woohyun was directed to the venue by a lady attendant. As he enter, he was able to get the attention of the crowd. Girls started to talk about him and his mother came. "Son, do you have your gift for her?"
 
He shakes his head. "Sorry, umma. Something went wrong with our schedule and I forgot to buy her one."
 
"Son, I'll just entertain someone!" His mother immediately left and he's left alone. He goes out of the venue and found the celebrant on the other side of the venue. He walks toward her and some ladies blocked him.
 
"Can I talk to her?"
 
"Sir, you have to wait for later," the lady warns him.
 
"I might leave soon because of my schedule. I just want to greet her," he lies. He smiles at the lady attendant and she was stunned ending up giving him a way toward Xia.
 
"Yo, chubby!" He casually greets her. "You're old now!"
 
Xia looks at him. "Don't ruin my night."
 
"Ruin your night? I'm not tht mean though." He chukles.
 
"What are you doing here? I'll just entertain the guests after the dance."
 
"Really? Then why are you talking to me now?"
 
"Get out, you asshat!"
 
"Whoa! Hold on, woman! Chill! Your make-up might get ruined!" he teases her and he laughs. "At least I say you before them. I'll get going." He raises his hand and leaves.
 
He pass by the men's restroom to check i he looks presentable. However, he herd an unpleasant talk before entering. He remains outside, with his back, leaning against the wall.
 
"I wa forced to be her 18th rose. She with her waltz," a man rants. "When we were practicing, she kept on stepping on my shoes!"
 
The group laughs annoyingly.
 
"So, are you letting yourself get stepped in front of many people?" the other man asked.
 
"Of course I won't! In fact, I'll let her stand alone in the middle of the crowd."
 
"You mean you're leaving her?"
 
"It won't hard her feelings so it's okay. She's not my girlfriend so I don't care, okay?"
 
Woohyun can't bear their talk any longer. He appears on the entrance with his "what the -get out, s" look. "You're leaving her behind?" he asked sarcastically.
 
The boys looks as him and ignore his presence.
 
Woohyun walks toward the guy and grab him by his suit's collar forcefully and puh him against the wall. "YOU SAID YOU'RE LEAVING HER BEHIND, ?!" he yells out of anger.
 
The other ran out of the restroom leaving them behind.
 
"Yes, I will! I don't care!" he answers back.
 
Woohyun slams him against the wall an gave him a punch on his face. As he let him go, the guy collapse on his knees. "I DON'T WANT TO SEE YOUR FACE, ! GET OUT OF HERE!" Woohyun yells and the man crawls his way out of the restroom. "BASTARD."
 
He went back to te event area and the dance has started. It was already on the the 3rd rose. He noticed the event coordinator counting those who will dance with her until she seem to panic. Probably because of the bastard, he thought and shales his head.
 
He watched the dance and when it was on the 10th rose and the event coordinator alwas calling whoever, he decided to approach them. He takes the rose she's holding and smiles.
 
The dance went on. Xia's dad was the 17th rose. "Happy birthday, princess," he says with a smile he rarely wear.
 
"Thanks dad!"
 
"So you're 18, maybe it's time for me to allow you to be in a relationship," he sighs.
 
Xia whines. "Hey, dad! Don't be sad! I still love you more than whoever-is-my-future-partner, okay?"
 
"I want Nam Woohyun for you," he says.
 
"BWEO?!"
 
"He's a nice guy and really charming," he chuckles.
 
"And for the 18th rose, Mr. Nam Woohyun, the celebrant's childhood friend," the emcee announces.
 
Xia was completely shocked with the statement. Her father leave him into Woohyun's care happily. He bow down and offers the white rose to her. Xia involuntarily takes it as well as his hand. He pulls her closer to him, placing his other hand on her slender waist and Xia's hand on his calm shoulder. Together, they do the waltz, slowly but surely.
 
"Why are you here? Where's my ?" she bitterly asked him.
 
"Ah! That guy? I knocked him out and he crawled out of the restroom earlier," he smirks.
 
"You mean—"
 
"He intented to leave you alone and I only gave him his punishment for trying. If you're wondering why I'm dancing you, it's because I don't want you to get embarassed. The event coordinator was panicking and I have nothing to do but go with it. Is that enough?"
 
Xia looks down.
 
After everything, Woohyun stayed at the garden, seated on the lawn. He looks at the Big Dipper from above. Xia spotted him and decided to join him on the lawn.
 
"Hey," she greets him but he didn't look at her. "About earlier, I'm sorry for being rude to you. I didn't know, actually."
 
"It's okay."
 
"Thanks for saving my birthday."
 
"Welcome."
 
Xia looks up an notice the Big Dipper as well.
 
"I rarely see stars," he says. "Remember when we were young? Those days during the school camp?" She nods. "When we can't sleep, we always exchange stories about random things."
 
"Yeah, whatever."
 
"Xia, why did we became like this? There was this sudden distance between you can me that I can barely discover why it became like this."
 
"Maybe because of your work? You're an idol now. You have many fangirls out there."
 
"I've thought of that except now. After hearing that bastard's intention, I really wanted to kill him."
 
"Hey, what's te connection?"
 
"The connection? I don't know if it works but I realized I want to protect you. You're more than those things I treasure." He stops. "Wait, this is insane! I'll go now."
 
"I'm listening," she mumbles.
 
He glance at her. He takes her hand and pull her closer to him. She was stunned and didn't make a move anymore. He press his lips on hers. Xia wraps her arms around his neck and began to kiss back. They pull away and he smiles. "Well I guess that's the short cut of what I was about to tell earlier."
 
"Me too," she sheepishly replies.
 
Woohyun takes a look around and found a bush full of white roses. He secretly pick one and kneel before Xia. She was flabbergasted with everything especially with his actions. "Jang Jinyoung, will you accept my love for you? Will you be mine?"
 
1001
 
1002
 
1003
 
1004
 
1005
 
"You're asking me to be your girlfriend?" She sarastically asked him.
 
He nods. "What more do you think?"
 
She takes the rose and smiles.
 
"So it's a YES?" ge asked, holding back the excitement.
 
Xia nods as a confirmstion an Woohyun glomps at her. "I love you!" They accidentally said in chorus and they both chuckle.

               

 

                           ┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉┈┉e.g.

               

                       

                                `MissGrey's notes!  

                       

                                 

                       

                               

Hello, you! Thanks for reading this fic! I know it's a bit crappy but this is my first fic afte my long hiatus from fanfictions so rejoice! MissGrey is back in action! ~^o^~
 
I dedicate this to Trisha unnie ❤ Sorry if it's crappy. You turned 18 last January, right? Haha useless me xD lol Belated happy birthday! Please accept this BELATED Christmas-Birthday-and Valentine's Day gift from me.
 
I love you unnie! More luckiness to come for you!! :*
 
With love,
Jess/Grey/Tricia