You're beautiful (Inside and Out)

Inside and Out.

After a long day of dancing, signing and talking non stop, they arrived at the Super Junior house and one by one they filtered through the door, some pushing the others. Only Eunhyuk, usually pushing everyone to enter the house first, for after a long day, he usually wanted to cuddle up with Hae or someone and fall asleep until the next meal, where he’ll eat anything in sight because sleeping took just too much energy sometimes. Yet not today, today he was the last one to enter, also the first one to slam the door of the room he shared with Kyu shut, right into Kyu’s face. Without even showing remorse, as he usually did when doing something by accident. Kyu banged on the door a couple of times after trying to jiggle the door open, without success. With a sharp kick to the bottom of the door, he turned around and walked to the kitchen where everyone was looking at him with a clueless expression. As if they didn’t know, only sincerely nobody knew what they had done. It was extremely rare to see Hyuk act this way, it had actually never happened. He wasn’t one to blow up for no reasons and even when he had a reason, he never really did blow up… He danced his emotions usually. The banging of the door told them that they did something, something that was unforgivable. Something that went too far. They just didn’t know what, not yet. 

As Kyu was ready to fight with everyone in sight after being locked out of his own room, he picked up his laptop and played whatever game he was into at that time. The others mumbled to each others not knowing what to do. Hae tried to talk with the only person locked into a room, but he received silence for all his efforts. Going away with a pout, he shrugged his shoulders to everyone in the room. 

Everything turned into silence when they heard the door open and saw the blonde man coming down the stairs with casual steps. Some of them got up ready to talk, but he never even glanced at them, going straight to the door that gave to the cold world. 
“Yah!” screamed one of them, trying to make the other stop in his tracks. Getting up and walking towards the door. The other didn’t even walk quicker, always taking even steps and when he was about to reach for the bolt to unlock it, someone pushed his hand out-of-the-way. Hyuk frowned and looked at the tallest from under his blonde bangs. The one to try to stop him was Kyu who looked like he was ready to kill people with his gaze alone. 
“You locked me out of my room and now you’re leaving without even looking at us? What is your problem? Where are you even going?” 
“As you can see, you may now go into the room, so why don’t you go and leave me be, ne?” said the blonde with a severe face, not showing his beautiful smile. 
“What did we do, this time? You and you’re over emotional self. Did we hurt your little-wee-wee-feelings?” said the youngest, ready for a fight. Kyu was so mad, that he never noticed the tears forming into the eyes of the blond who was ready to cry in front of them all. It took him a couple of seconds before he slapped the youngest and because Kyu was so stunned he pushed him away and escaped. Not returning for the night nor the night after that. It was lucky for them that they didn’t have anything planned for those two days. Only they were in for a surprise when they learned that they were going to promote the new single without the blond, for a week. After that, he’ll be back and everything would be like before… Only that wasn’t what happened. 


Eunhyuk did return, with a smile on his face. A big sweet and gummy smile that went on for days. Nobody said a thing, nervous because they didn’t see the light go up to his eyes. It wasn’t until Siwon saw the interview they did the day Eunhyuk disappeared that he swore and swore and swore. Because, really, could they be anymore stupid? They could not. Really, they had hurt their friend’s feelings and they never even noticed why. 

It was time for a group reunion, without the person that was going to be the topic of the meeting: Eunhyuk. The blonde was gone for a couple hours, practicing for a new MV for Younique Unit, and all the others had a small meeting in the dorms. They were all there, watching what Siwon forced them to watch. An interview they did while almost every member of Super Junior was there. They watched and watched, not getting why they had to do this in his back. And then, then the light bulbs when off in each of their heads. Oh. My. God. They had screwed up. 

You see the stupid MC asked them who should receive a beautifying potion, because the new single was called (You’re my) Love Potion (yeah, cheesy and stupid too!). They all wrote in down on a piece of paper and the competition of whom was the ugliest came to be… Eunhyuk with more than half of the votes. He had smiled, laughed a lot and made jokes. Saying he had written Siwon, even if Siwon’s name was never uttered. They had a great laugh, but now they knew… This was the reason Eunhyuk was so depressed. He hardly eats anymore these days and was always out. They had hurt him and hurt him big times. As a group, they sent Kyu, Siwon and Hae to go see how the new song was going for the lovable guy they hurt so much. Never knowing that Siwon felt miserable going, not wanting to see his boyfriend give him the cold shoulder, after all, he did not comfort his boyfriend, not even once. Thinking everything was fine or too shy to go comfort the guy when everyone was around. 
They arrived into the middle of the choreography and saw that their little Eunhyuk was in the middle of the formation, signing and dancing his little with a big smile on his face. He was extremely happy to be in the company of people who found him beautiful as his. He was currently having fun doing some freestyle movements. Dancing to the beat of the song. Kyu, Siwon and Hae were behind the mirror watching as everyone had some fun, following Hyuk and free styling to the music. As they continued to dance with their souls ignoring the choreographer as he tried to teach them a couple dance moves, an angry Minho entered the room screaming at Hyuk. 

“Yah! What is their problem? Do you want me to go punch them a couple times? They had no right to vote you off like that. Those stupid, useless people” screamed out the youngest, anger boiling under the surface of his skin, ready to blow up if he saw one of those useless people. “Don’t they know you have major insecurities with your looks since, like, forever?” he growled out, ready to punch something. 
“Minho, calm down, please. It’s nothing, I voted against myself too, anyways. Why would they lie about something like that? Everyone would know that they were lying, that I’m the ugliest. They don’t need to lie to protect my feelings, I’m stronger than I look it seems He smiled slightly and saw that Minho wasn’t ready to calm down, even worse he seemed to have taken offense with what the older said. 
“You voted against yourself? Are you that stupid? You’re beautiful, Hyuk. I don’t see why they would lie like that. You’re the handsomest of them all.   Siwon, he’s too perfect physically to be attractive. They all are. Too girly or to masculine. Without any imperfections. Aish, I don’t get people. You’re smile is beautiful, it shines kindness to whomever you’re talking to. You’re eyes, they are bright and sincere. Your ears, always there to listen to people. I really don’t get people, you know, they look at the exterior as if that’s beauty, but it’s what’s inside people that makes them beautiful outside and sincerely all those that voted against you and didn’t get why you’re in such a state… They are the ugliest. You must know that, hyung.” He said, his voice trembling. He looked around and saw they were alone; the others must have left when seeing the importance of this conversation. Minho, frustrated, turned around and treaded his hand into his hair. Sometimes he wished he could take Eunhyuk and steel him from all the pain.  

Sneaky Hyuk walked a bit towards the back of Minho and gave himself a big hug, which got a chuckle from Minho who was looking into the mirror. He turned around and hugged him really tight. That’s when he heard a loud bang from the other side of the mirror. He frowned. Who was hiding behind the mirror?  

Moments later, he realized that it must have been Siwon, the pathetic boyfriend, because the said person was walking towards them in anger. Siwon glared so hard, Minho, hugged tighter his friend before he remembered who was in front of him: one of the causes of his friends sorrow. He let go of Eunhyuk, who turned around and saw Siwon glaring, and lowered his head. He was rapidly pulled behind Minho’s back who was ready for a fight. 

“Yah, Siwon, you . What is your problem! Coming here like you own the damn place, when you hurt your lover so bad. Don’t think I’ll just stand there and do nothing about my anger towards you. Right now, I’d punch you but I wouldn’t want to mess up your oh so pretty face, ne. After all, it’s all you have for yourself!” 
“You don’t have to punch so low, Minho.” Said a voice behind Siwon. Revealing Donghae and Kyuhyun.  
“Ah, the little friends of Hyuk realized what they did, ne? I’m surprise with your inflated egos that you noticed he wasn’t feeling well. That since that day he ha-“ 
“That’s enough Minho.” Said a powerful voice which turned out to be Eunhyuk. 
“What was he going to say, Hyuk?” Asked Siwon. 
“None of your business.”  
“He hates himself okay, he really, sincerely hates hims-“
“Shut up, Minho. That doesn’t concern them.”  
“I’m your boyfriend, it sure as hell concerns me. You hate yourself, you come to me.” Growled out Siwon, mad as hell at everyone from their band, himself included, for not doing anything about his lover’s confidence after shattering it time after time. 
“I’m sorry.” Said Eunhyuk, exhausted. 
“Don’t say you’re sorry, Hyuk, they should be sorry. I’m sorry. I shouldn’t have let those people destroy you like that. I should have protected you even if that means protecting you from our friends.” Said Siwon in his softest voice, pushing Minho away. Minho growled at the action, but let himself being pushed away and turned to see Siwon look at the beautiful, crying boy, 
“I ed up, multiple times already. I know that I-- Cheated on you and never told you that it wasn’t because I don’t find you y or irresistible. I ignored you and when the cameras were rolling, I’d cuddle you. I did many things that I’m ashamed of, Hyuk, but I thought I had it all under control after that time you swore you’d leave me if I couldn’t stop being such a jerk. I’m trying, still trying to find my footing in this relationship. You have no idea how perfect you are, and seriously it breaks my heart when I see you like this. You’re so terribly beautiful Hyukjae, so perfect. So deserving of the most perfect boyfriend and you get me. Me who hurts you when I promised you I’d never dare. Me who doesn’t even try to comfort you when you’re crying. Yet I fell in love with you a great deal, a long time ago and I can’t stop. Not now, not ever. You’re like oxygen for me and I’m going to up some more in the future, but please tell me you’ll still give me a chance to love you. Don’t close yourself from me, don’t run away from us. I love you Jae, I sincerely love you. Nothings going to change these feelings I’m currently drowning in. Drowning because I can just imagine you walking away on us, and I can totally understand that, because I screwed up one too many times. Please give me a chance to tell you you’re beautiful, everyday for the rest of our lives.” A smile formed on Jae’s lips and as they were about to kiss, a growl escaped Minho’s lips. They stopped reducing the distance and Siwon looked at an angry Minho. Yet Siwon, knowing that Minho was only envious of his relationship with Hyuk, took Jae’s face into his hands and brought his face towards his until they kissed. Jae’s knees went weak and he took a hold of Siwon shoulders, melting into his touch, before trying to end the kiss, moving backwards. Only Siwon wanted to put a mark on his lover and took steps forward as his lover took some back, until Hyuk was back to a wall. Siwon smiled to himself, into the kiss, until he received a punch in the stomach.  

“Hyuk, what the hell?” 
“Stop pissing on me, damn it. They know I’m yours, for god’s sake. Now calm down and leave. All of you.” Eunhyuk said with a glare to each and everyone of them. Crossing he’s arms and jerking his head up higher, he glared at them under his bangs until they all left… Minho was the last one, who as he passed Siwon, he gave a kick behind his knee and watched him fall, before smirking and running away. 

That night when almost everyone was in the dorm, Hyuk entered after a long day of practice with his sub-unit, Younique Unit. He smiled, content with their progress on the newest song they will be releasing and this time his smile reached his eyes. 
“Hi Jae.” Said a soft voice in the living room. He recognized the voice right a way and walked towards his lover who was sitting alone. “How are you doing?” 
“Meh, I’m doing good. I love dancing with those guys. Today was so fun.” He said and when he noticed the tears on his lovers face, he frowned. What was going on? Siwon wiped his tears away and looked at the floor before trying to walk past his ex-lover. He tried, but Hyuk retained him by the shirt, pulling him until he could back hug him, crashing his face into Siwon’s back breath in his lover’s scent. Siwon frowned. Hadn’t he broke up with him earlier? He hadn’t said so in so many words, but he did dismiss him pretty harshly. 
“What’s going on Siwon?” 
“You broke up with me. Don’t stare at me like I’m crazy, you did. You told me to get out and… I don’t want to lose you, god dammit.” 
“You are crazy. I love you. I won’t break up with you so easily. Not after you made my heart plummet to the ground after a cardiac arrest. I waited for you to tell me you loved me, that you found me beautiful, more than that you find me y. I don’t care about y, I want to be beautiful in your eyes. I don’t do well with explaining, but I did not break up with you. I love you so damn much, Siwon, so damn much that it hurts me. It hurts all the time, because each time I see you, my heart grows bigger and bigger, so I can contain all my love for you. I’m completely and utterly in love with you, Siwon.”  
“You guys are dating?” Murmured a voice behind Eunhyuk and Siwon smiled to himself, because he had saw the group at the top of the stairs slowly appearing and listening to what Hyuk was saying and… Now it was official, everyone knew. 
“You guys seriously didn’t know? What, are you stupid?” Everyone glared at Kyu who was so frustrating sometimes. As everyone was comparing notes on who knew first and who won what bet, Siwon took Hyuk’s hand and dragged him out of the living room and into the kitchen where he pressed him against the fridge and was about to kiss him, when Jae turned his head, just before their lips kissed, dragging that way Siwon’s lips across his cheek. He smiled to himself, and Siwon smiled too.  
“Beautiful, hey beautiful…” Said Siwon in his softest voice. “You’re perfect. Completely perfect in every way. And get that in your big brain. You’re the most perfect being earth has ever presented. When people say you’re ugly, whoever says that, just doesn’t know the real you. Because even if you’re extremely awkward at times, shy to a fault on other times, when you smile you light up my heart. When you smile, I often say to myself that I don’t deserve to have these multiple chances to conquer your heart. I shouldn’t be able to make you smile, like you are right now. But I do and you gave me those chances and I’m not going to screw this up. Not anymore. Just continue smiling like that and just… Don’t move okay?” And he didn’t. Hyuk stayed very still, his smile still on his face and then he saw over the youngest shoulder that people were staring, having never heard Siwon act so lovingly with a lover before. And before he could do anything about the voyeurs, he was tenderly kissed and as much as he didn’t want this kiss, because he didn’t like having his friends staring, he was transported into a world where only Siwon and he existed. He was kissed and he sure as hell kissed back. softly the others name when their lips parted ways and a small I love you. 
“God, don’t say my name like that.” Siwon said, his voice tight with emotions after hearing the confession. “I love you too, Jae. I love you too.” Behind Siwon, people were having fun Hyukjae’s name and screaming their love for him. 
“Yah, Hyukjae” said a voice, seriously. “You know, we don’t find you ugly at all. You have this androgynous look and all that. A bit awkward at times, but damn girl, you’re beautiful.” 
“Did you just call me a girl?” 
“Hum, that’s what you remember of what I was saying? Calling you beautiful and you remember girl? What is your problem, GIRL.” Shindong said with a smirk. “Anyways, what are you going to do about it, girl?” And before he had time to register what was going on, he was closely followed by a laughing Hyuk, who had detached himself from his lover and was following the guy closely behind until they fell on one another. 

Shindong, on the hard floor, was trying to get a grip on Hyukjae who was hitting him on the head. Then all chaos let loose and everyone was holding Hyuk off from Shindong and tickling him and what not. Only Siwon was calmly holding his heart into place, because he had thought he had lost the most important thing in his life and now he knew… He did not. That’s until Hae slipped out of the mass of people and walked towards Siwon until they were almost cheek to cheek, both occupied by looking at their friends. 

“You better not hurt him again. You’re lucky I learned about this cheating much after it was done, Siwon-ssi. He forgets easily, but I don’t. I won’t let you hurt him again, remember that.” Hae said in a low, menacing voice, before chuckling at the scene where everyone was attacking Hyukjae and calling him beautiful and adorable, their way of asking for forgiveness. 
“I promise I won’t.” Said Siwon. “I really promise.”