21. diegesis

Infinite au même Mixtape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

She stood in front of the building with red bricks, which most of the windows are radiating with warm light illuminated from the inside. Among them, on the twelfth floor, there was an unlit window. Hani looked up to find her apartment’s light isn’t switched on like the other’s house around it. She pondered to go home and switch on the lamp to match it with others, because hers looked too lonely and cold from here.

 

She diverted her sight to the concrete below her feet and dazed away like she was thinking hard of so many recurring thoughts that happened to come at the same time. She couldn’t set her priority of which thought is more important than the others so she let her mind raking control of her own system.

 

She stood there for long hours, looking up to the building and watched one by one of the windows changing into black. She was counting the windows painted with darkness (they were now matching hers) that was it until she heard a growl that came from her stomach. She put her hands above her navel and feels her stomach absorbing the heat from the palm.

 

She realised she didn’t wait for the food that Woohyun had ordered for both of them. After Woohyun was gone, after finishing her cup of coffee, she left the cafe without even looking back (like what he did to her). Because looking at the empty chair made her choked on her own breathe.

 

“How can you ask for food at time like this,” she murmured softly. A ghostly smile appeared on her pale lips, wondering what kinds of café are still opened at this hour in this neighbourhood.

 

Zipping up her sweater, she took a step and another, leaving behind the dark apartment that still wait for its owner to come home. She did a few minutes of walking, looking for opened cafes or restaurant but her stomach impatiently sent signals to be notified as soon as possible; the hunger got her better.

 

She decided to drop at the first shop that sells food, and she saw a convenience store down the road.

 

She opened the door and as the bell above her head rang, the cold air kissed her skin with her eyes became stung at the sensation of coldness immediately. She found a boy, perhaps around her age who was busily restocking the bags of chip at one of the rack. He bowed his head a little bit when their eyes met each other, still keeping his manner albeit a little insincere looking. She looked around the stores, trying to find anything that may catch her attention.

 

She walked th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter