the answer

Infinite au même Mixtape
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Dear Daisy,

 

Last night, I dreamt of you. In it, I was sitting on a windowsill I recognized was from the attic in my house, overlooking my mom’s garden when you came by to visit. You were standing with a white dress. Hair undone but nevertheless still looked as pretty as always.

 

You waved your hand enthusiastically from below and yelled at me to come down and play together with you. I wanted to wave at you back, but my hands were both heavy and they just limpidly lay on my knees, feeling cold with absence of heat. My lips were tight too; I knew I wasn’t smiling at all.

 

My eyes were still on you who were standing beside my mom’s cactus collection on the shelf. Your hand in the air slowed down from its motion before you brought it back, down to your side. It looked sad and dejected. You too looked the same.

 

We were looking towards each other, blinking at times when the wind came and gently caressed your dress; the hem lifted a little where I could see a purple bruise just above your knee. My heart squeezed in pain. My face hardened. But my tongue twisted of any words that I thought I should say to ask whether you were okay, whether you were hurt.

 

As a few moments passed, I saw how your smile dimmed little by little. Your sparkling eyes changed to reflect the sad sky above us and there were dark and solemn clouds pooling in it too.

 

You were about to walk away when I suddenly found myself standing beside you, tugging at the hem of your sleeve to stop you. You turned your face to look at me, looking hopeful but I still didn’t say anything. Again, time passed by between us. It was a steep silence I remembered, except for the sound of our soft breathing. I thought I did well despite not saying anything, thinking that you might understand and were listening to my inner thoughts. That of course only a wishful thinking of mine until you brushed off my trembling fingers that were hanging themselves timidly still at your sleeve.

 

That’s when my voice found you and I thought it was loud when I talked. The words were echoing and ringing so loudly in my own ears that I thought I could have gone deaf. You were listening intently to me and I found m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter