Chapter 4: three years passed...

In Life there are Twist & Turn (Discontinued)

 

 
Chapter 4: three years passed...
 
 
 
 
 
 
3 years later
 
"Jongin. We're going to be late for school" said Joonmyun. 
"I know. I'm coming" Jongin replied while wearing his shoes. 
"We're going" said Kyungsoo. 
"I'm coming. I'm coming. Gees, can't you even wait for your brother" he said as he runs toward them.
 
 
"Sehun, we'll come to your class at lunch break. Okay?" Joonmyun asked. 
"Arraso. I'm not a child anymore" Sehun whined. 
"Who says you are not?" Kyungsoo said. 
"Hyung" Sehun pouted. 
"I'll be going. Be careful in class. Arrasso?" Joonmyun reminded. 
"You're the one who has to take care take of yourself in class. Jihoon and Junhoon is your class. And don't let them bully you, arrasso?" Baekhyun said. 
"Aigoo. My dongseng is worrying for me" Joonmyun said and ruffled his hair. 
"Ah. Hyung, don't ruffle my hair and don't come with a bruised face at lunch time" Baekhyun said. 
"Arrasso.  As my dongseng said" Joonmyun said and waved them then he walks to his class. 
 
 
 
Fast Forward (After school)
 
 
 
"Hyung, I want ice-cream" said Sehun. 
"Arrasso" replied Joonmyun. 
"Guys, can you wait for awhile? Sehun wants ice-cream" Joonmyun asked. 
"Take as long as you want. I don't want to go home anyway. The witch must be waiting for us to order to do this and that" Baekhyun said as Chanyeol and Jongin nodded in agreement. 
"Arrasso. Wait here" Joonmyun said and he and Sehun went to the ice-cream shop. 
 
"Let's go. We have works to do" said Kyungsoo after Joonmyun and Sehun came back. 
 
Then they walk home. 
 
Joonmyun open the front door and greeted. 
"We're ba-" 
'SLAP'
He was cut off by a hard slap and fell down. The rest were speechless by their aunt action. Joonmyun doesn't say anything and get up slowly. 
 
'SLAP!'
 
Again he fell down by the force. Harder this time. Tears already well up in his eyes. 
 
"Yah! Ahjumma, what's your problem?!" Baekhyun shouted. 
"What's my problem?! Ask that useless brother of yours" she yelled. 
 
"Yah, your rude little brother is asking? Answer him" she nudged Joonmyun with her foot. 
Joonmyun didn't reply and still silent. 
"Yah! I'm asking you. Didn't you hear" she pull up Joonmyun by his hair. 
"Ah. Please let go" he pleaded. 
"I said I'm asking you" she said. 
"I-I don't know what you are talking about" he replied. 
"What?! Don't you know what you did?!" she raise her hand to slap his face again but stopped by Baekhyun. 
"Yah! Let release my hand" she shouted. 
"then release his hair first" Baekhyun said. 
She released Joonmyun hair and scoffed. 
"Trying to protect your useless brother. And you" she pointed toward Joonmyun. 
"If you don't know your mistake, I'll tell you. Jihoon said today the teacher announced the exam marks and you got the highest mark. Is that true?" she asked. 
"N-neh" Joonmyun answered. 
"What did I tell you? I told that you had to be behind them whatever you do" she scolded. 
"Ahjumma, you have to be praising him for getting high marks instead of beating and scolding him. Even if you don't want to praise him, leave him alone. Can't you?" Baekhyun scoffed. 
"What?! Are you-" 
"Hyung, let's go" Baekhyun dragged Joonmyun to his room followed by rest, simply ignoring their aunt. 
 
 
"Hyung, are you okay?" Sehun asked as soon as they closed the door. 
"Don't worry. I'm okay. Go take a shower and rest. I'll do the housework" Joonmyun said. 
"Hyung, I know you're not okay. And don't worry about us. You need to take care of yourself. Arraso?" Kyungsoo said. 
"Arraso" Joonmyun replied, his voice shaking and his head cast downward. 
"Hyung, are you crying?" asked Chanyeol worried. 
Joonmyun hung his head low and still silent. 
"It's okay, hyung. Let it out. It's okay to cry" Baekhyun said as he embraced the shaking figure. 
"She's right. I'm a useless brother" Joonmyun cried harder. 
"No, you're not. You're the best brother anyone could ask for" Baekhyun said. 
 
 
That night he let out everything he had inside for three years. 
 
 
'Sometimes you need to cry the tears away so that you can see the world clearer' 
 
 
 
 
18th June 2013