01

Fairy Tales Are Bull

Iv woke up every night this week to Eunjong screaming in terror because of his nightmares. My father tends to come in and give him a slap accrost the face when it happens. If he doesent its because hes passed out on the floor in the kitchen, drunk, as most nights go.

I turned over in my spot as Eunjong screamed loud, the noise ringing through my ear drums. I quickly covered his mouth and waited for the door to fling open. It didnt so I assumed he was drunk again. I woke Eunjong up as soon as his screams were done.

"Jongin.. wheres mommy?" He asked.

"Eunjong, we go through this every night buddy. Shes in heaven, dancing with all the other angles." I said and smiled at Eunjong to try and sooth him.

"I know.. It just makes me feel better when I hear mommy is in a better place." He said. I hugged him closer to me and rubbed his back.

"She is in a better place, and one day we will get to see her."

He started to cry onto my shoulder. All I could do was rub his back and pray my father didnt hear.

The door to our room flung open and my drunk father walked in.

"What the are you crying about boy?" He asked Eunjong.

"N-nothing sir." Eunjong squeaked out. I stood up, holding Eunjong in my arms, allowing him to cry into my shoulder in fear.

"Put him down Jongin. He is old enough to walk." My father said.

"No, because your going to hit him." I said and held Eunjong tighter.

"The boy diserves a beating." He said and started to take off his belt.

"No. He does not." I said strongly.

"Since when did the become so tought. Why dont you take the boys beating for him then?" He said. I set Eunjong down on our bed and looked at my father.

"Go ahead, hit me. The only reason you do it is because you know that mom wouldent be dead if you wouldnt have got her pregnant." I said and stood my ground. My father pushed me dowwn on the ground and lashed his leather belt aginst my , sending a shooting pain down my spine.

"Thats a lie. You take it back." He said. I shook my head.

"You know its true." I said and tryed to flex my back, knowing he would hit me again.

The leather belt struck my back over and over again, until the drunk man was too tiered to continue. He stumbled his way out of the room and I laid on the floor a few moments, teas streaming lightly down my face. I could hear Eunjongs heavy reathing in the corner. He was bawling hard and having trouble breathing. I stood up, ignoring the pain in my back, and searche the room for Eunjong's inhaler. I found the small green device and called out his name.

"Eunjong.. Come here." I cooed. He crawled over to me and grabbed the open inhaler. He used the device and set it down on the bedside table. I looked at his small face. It was red and swoled from crying. He crawled onto my lap and wraped his little arms around my neck.

"Jongin.. can we go to the good place now?" He asked me.

"Yes. Get your backpack and put some clothes into it. Were leaving Eunjong." I said. He crawled off my lap and started to stuff clothes into his backpack through tears. I put on a shirt and changed my pants. I started to do the same, only I put my clothes into a large suitcase. I put some of Eunjong's clothes into my suitcase and grabbed an envlope full of money. I stuffed it into my pocket and searched around the room for things we might need. I grabbed all of Eunjong's medicin and put into the suitcase.

"Jongin. Do I need to pull one of those too? I can." Eunjong said and wiped his eyes.

"Yeah. That would be great Eunjong." I said. He smiled slightly and pulled a suitcase out from under out bed. I helped him put more clothes into half of it, then we put 3 blankets into it. I pulled out my duffle bag and filled it with other things we woule need as he started to fill my backpack with things we would need.

When we were done the room looked empty. I looked at Eunjong and smiled. "Get dressed. Im going to call someone." I said and smiled. He nodded and started to change as I pulled out my phone and called the owner of the apartment buildng we would be going to.

RING---RIN-

"Hello?"

"Hello. This is Kim Jongin.." I said.

"Oh, Hello! Jongin, are you comming to move in tomorrow?" The man said.

"Um no, there's been a change, and im actually comming now.. If thats okay." I said and bit my nail nervously.

"Oh! Okay.. Go ahead.. Come on down. Your apartment is ready for you, and im here to give you your key." He said. I smiled and mentally cheered.

"Thankyou! We will be there soon! Good bye!" I said.

"Bye!"

I hung up my phone and looked over to Eunjong. He had changed and even had his shoes on. He was now waiting for me.

"Eunjong. Im going to see where dad is.. if he is asleep we can leave." I said. He nodded and sat down on the bed. I walked to the door and opened it quietly. I poped my head out the door and looked around for my father. There was a clear path to the door, and he was nowhere to be seen. I waved my hand for Eunjong to come. He grabbed his backpack and started to pull one of the suit cases behind him. I watched him go stright to the front door and open it quietly.

As soon as he was outside the door I quickly grabbed my backpack, duffel bag, and my back and walked quickly to the door. I closed it as soon as I was outside, making sure to be extremely quiet. We walked down the hall, not having to worry about stairs.

As soon as we were outsied, I was sure we were safe. Eunjong and I practicly ran all the way to our new apartment,building. It was 33 blocks away from the old one, making sure we were far away from our father.

"Jongin.. are we free now?" Eunjong asked me as we walked into the new building. It was now 6:45, almost seven, and the sun was up.

"Yes Eunjong. Were free." I said. Eunjong and I walked up to the front desk. The man at the front desk smiled.

"Hello. You must be Jongin." He said. I nodded and smiled back. "Well Let me show you to your new home!"

We all 3 walked up 1 flight of stairs and down a brightly lit hallway. We were led to a door that said 16. The man handed me 2 sets of keys after unlocking the door for me.

"Thankyou so much." I said. He nodded and smiled. He left Eunjong and I to our apartment.

Eunjong and I walked into the apartment and He cheered in joy. I was shocked to see how big the apartment was. The apartment was fully furnished and looked alot nicer than I was paying for. There were 2 bedrooms. Both were plain, but alot fancier than we were used to.

"Eunjong, Your room is this one." I said and pointed to a door. He opened it and and squealed in excitement. The room was blue and had a small bed in the corner. It had a desk and a nice big bookshelf.

"Now I have a place to drawl! And I can get books!" He said and cheered.

"You cant sleep on the bed though buddy. We have to buy sheets for it." I said and smiled.

He kept a wide smile on his face and nodded. "I know. Im okay with that." He said.

"Go put away your clothes in the closet. Ill be in to help you in a little bit." I said. He nodded and I waved to him as I left the room. I walked to the room accrost the hall and gasped. The room was amazing. There was a big bed, king sized. A large closet, 2 nice bed side tables, 2 grey lamps, and a desk with a chair.

"Amazing!" I said. I looked at the fancy big bed and smiled. I couldent wait till I got to sleep on that thing. I had no sheets that would fit on it so I decided I would suprise Eunjong today. While he was at school I would do some shoping.

"Eunjong! Are you ready for school?" I yelled.

"Yes." He yelled back from his room. I smiled and started to  put away clothes in my closet. By the time I was done it was 7.

"Okay. Eunjong, Im going to walk ou to school today. Your going to a new school." I said. He looked at me confused.

"Why?" He asked. I could hear the sadness in his voice.

"Because your old school is too far away, and Dad could find ou. Your new school is down the street!" I said and smiled, trying to keep a positive attitude.

"Oh.. Okay." He said. He went to his room and grabbed his school bag and came back out. "Lets go."

I grabbed his hand and walked out the door, making sure I had a key and money.

"Is this new school nice?" He asked me as we were walking down the street.

"Yes Eunjong." I said, "They dont make fun of people there, pluse you wont be treated diffrently because of your bruises anymore. You wont even have bruises any more."

He smiled. "Good. Do they make fun of people like you?" He asked.

"Like me? You mean gay people?" I asked.

"Yes.. but I dont like that word. It's mean to you." He said. I smiled and nodded.

"Well no, they dont make fun of people like me. They are nice." I said. He smiled.

"Good. I dont like it when people make fun of people like you. Thats not fair or nice." He said. I turned the corner with him as we entered a nice school yard. There were lots of children playing around and smiling as Eunjong and I walked inside of the school. We went stright to the office and waited to ttalk to someone.

"Yes, hello sir? How may I help you?" A woman asked.

"Um I enroled my brother into this school last week, and eh is suposto start today." I said, "His name is Kim Eun Jong."

The lady went through some files and then sniled.

"Ah, Yes. Heres his files. Ill have another student in his class show him around. You can leave him with us." She said. I nodded and smiled.

"Ill be back at 4 to get you buddy." I said as I crouched down to his level. He nodded and hugged me tightly. "Bye monkey."

"Bye Jongin." He said. I waved to him as I walked out of the building.

I left the school and walked a few blocks till I got to a store. I walked in and looked around. It was a cute little ramen shop. I sat down at a table and continued to look around.

"Hello.. how may I help you today?" I heard someone ask. I looked up and saw this looking down at me.

I blushed and searched for my words.

"Um.. Im new to this part of town.. and um.. I was just.. I was looking for a job." I said.. well stuttered.

The man smiled and giggled slightly.

"There is a job opening here, if you would like an application." He said.

"Um.. Sure." I said and smiled. He walked away and came back quickly with a packet of papers. He handed them to me and smiled again.

"Here." He said, "I wrote my number in the corner.. I me-mean.. Like.. If you ever need some directions.. Or a tour.. Or to know where something is. You can just call and ask."

I nodded. "Thank you." I said. "Well I should get going."

He nodded. "Oh. Okay. Have a good day... By the way, I never got your name." He said.

I could tell I was blushing. "Im Kim Jongin. You can call me Jongin or Kai." I said. He smiled.

"Nice to meet you Jongin, Im Do Kyungsoo. Some people call me D.O, But I perfer Kyungsoo." He said.  smiled.

"Well Nice to meet you Kyungsoo, ill see you around." I said. He smiled and waved to me as I walked out of the shop, papers in hand.

I walked down the street, looking at shops, till I saw a cloth store. I walked in and looked around the cute shop untill I found the section that had sheets. I picked out blue sheets and grey sheets then paid for them.

-LATER-

"Thankyou for the sheets!" Eunjong squealed. I smiled and he hugged me.

"here, lets put them on your bed." I said. We worked togther to put his sheets on his bed then my sheets on my bed. By the time we were done I guess we were both super tiered because He laid down in his bed and fell asleep, and when I tucked him in I went to my room and went stright to sleep.