That One Saturday

Hyung, Why So Serious?

 

---2Min Oneshot---

Laughs filled the rehearsal room. The boisterous laughter was pulling every single nerve the serious Choi Minho had on his body. Minho just loved the silence and being alone. Ever since he was a child, he never wanted anyone to disturb him, especially when he was working. It was a normal thing for Minho to tell off his brother at home. Just a while back, he was scolded by the choreographer. They were rehearsing for their debut this year with “Noona Neomu Yeppeo (Replay)” and the choreographer found Minho’s performance a little lacking. Sulking at one corner seemed like the only thing he could do right now, and the laughing that came from his 4 other members did not help. At all.

He uses his quiet time to think of everything. In the process, he is also able to hear everything, and see everything clearly. This is his curse. His mind is a flurry of everything his senses take in. It’s creepy, and downright excruciating to handle. He knows how many times Jonghyun has tapped his feet on the ground the past minute, and how hollow the wood below sounds like. He also knows how horrible the air-conditioning is, based on the little sounds the motor gives off every now and then. He also knows how less Taemin involuntarily blinks now as compared to when they met.

“Hyung!” the Maknae sat down beside him.

“…”

Yes, it’s this kid who Minho sees as his weakness. Ever since he first saw Lee Taemin, he already gave his respects; giving honorifics for an older person to someone younger than he is. Ever since he first laid his eyes on the young 13 year old, he already fell for him. The first connection between their bug-sized eyes instantly captured him into the maknae’s spell.

But the man in him kept denying this feeling. No. He can’t be. Heck, he’s barely even legal. It’s been 2 years hiding in his own shadow. When will that time come when he’ll finally pronounce what his heart feels?

“You know hyung, we’ll be running this one more time–”

“I know, don’t remind me.”

Taemin was already at a loss for words. He knew whatever he says at that point will be turned away by his hyung.

“…What do you want?” Minho sighed.

“Well, you look so lonely here and–”

“I figured you’d get used to that already.”

Taemin was, again, at a loss for words. He thought, isn’t there any other way he can make his hyung talk to him without being forced to, or when they’re in front of the company’s hyungs and noonas?

The second, third, and so on tries turned out better for Minho that night.

-----

Saturday morning

The sounds of talking, footsteps, and zips woke Minho up from his slumber, which lacked in number, and was most evident in his bloodshot eyes. He then buried his head under his pillow, which, eventually, was taken away from him by Jonghyun.

“What the f–”

“Ap!! No cussing in the morning! Geez, I just wanted to say goodbye before I leave.” Jonghyun was carrying his backpack.

“Before we leave,” Key shouted from outside the room.

“Leave, hyung…?”

“Have you forgotten? We’re going back home for the weekend,” Jonghyun replied.

“Why?”

“Well, my parents want to spend my pre-debut birthday with them.”

“My cousin’s sick, so I’m going for a visit,” Key entered the room.

“And Onew-hyung?” Minho asked not because he’s interested, but just out of respect.

“Onew left the earliest. His mom won a trip to–”

“Yeah, okay,” And at that moment, Minho looked to the bed opposite his and saw Taemin sleeping so peacefully. “I see Taemin’s not going anywhere.”

“Yes, you two are alone today,” Key smiled and got his bag from the ground. “I’m going to be late for my train, so goodbye.”

Key hurriedly left and not much later, it was just Taemin and Minho in the dorm. Minho twisted and turned in his bed, trying to return to his dream land, but alas, father time took away the seconds and minutes that trickled and passed in Minho’s life. This, in turn, eventually made him meet the rays of the morning sun. Minho finally had the courage to look to his opposite. In the silence he’s in, he analysed and carefully looked at the sleeping angel that slumbers beside him.

He noticed how Taemin’s mouth twitches every 10 seconds, how Taemin’s eyebrows are perfection, how perfectly formed his fingers are, and was even reminded on how soft-looking his cheeks are. Minho decided to stand up and sit on Taemin’s bed. He carefully caressed the soft skin of the young teen’s arm. He then went higher and carefully caressed his face. The tingling tender sensation was the best thing Minho ever felt. He cherished every single moment of it. At one of his , the little maknae also felt the same thing Minho felt, responding by moving his head.

Minho, startled, ran back to his bed and pretended to sleep. After a few seconds, he opened his eyes to check if the angel was still in his slumber. After making sure that the angel was still sleeping, he went back beside his bed and started to other parts of Taemin’s face: eyebrows, nose, chin, and finally, the maknae’s lips. At that point, Minho thought about how great it would be to kiss those lips one day; to smother his lips with the maknae’s, and just bury his face into everlasting happiness.

He finally caressed the maknae’s face one last time before heading out to prepare breakfast for the two of them.

-----

Saturday afternoon

“Hyung, I’m bored.” Taemin approached the dining table.

“Then find something else to do,” Minho was just reading one of the books he borrowed from the library the other day.

“I just figured it would be more fun if–”

“No.”

“But–”

“No,” Minho looked at Taemin this time. This is what he and his other members were scared of: Sad Taemin. The crescent on his face turned upside down.

“…Fine, what do you want?” Minho closed his book and clasped his hands together.

The crescent flipped back and widened, “Let’s go to the arcade, hyung!”

“Are you ing serious?”

“It’ll be fun, I promise!”

Minho remembered that he swore to do everything for Taemin, the minute they laid eyes on each other. Whatever it may be, wherever it may be, or how ridiculous it will be, he swore to do anything and everything.

Minho stood up from his chair. “Let’s go.”

“Yay!” Taemin’s smile shone throughout the whole dorm. He ran to the room and got his hyung’s wallet and his own.

As they walked to the arcade, the maknae slowly slipped his hand into Minho’s. The connection made between the two was love intertwined. Minho flushed an intense shade of reddish pink as he was caught by surprise by the little maknae. No doubt, this is now the best thing that ever happened to him. He only felt sparks coming from the heat of Taemin’s hand on his now cold hand. The flaming charisma looked at Taemin as they walked and just saw the simple smile on his angelic face.

“Can I just kiss you right now…?” Minho thought to himself as he stared into the eyes of the maknae.

Minho never let go.

-----

Arcade

“So, what do you want?”

“Hyung?”

“What do you ing want from the prices on the shelf? Geez!”

Taemin’s eyes sparkled as he found a big frog stuffed toy. “That one!”

Minho counted the tickets they had already won and dragged Taemin with him as he ran off to play more games. The only thing Taemin did was giggle as Minho dragged him to different game booths in the arcade.

Ttak!

“Hyung, I don’t know how to play this, so, bear with me!” Minho served first in the game of air hockey.

The puck glided back and forth between the two, and as expected, Minho got the first point. He raised his head up and looked so proud of himself. Taemin then served next and, the exchange was much longer this time.

Klak!

“Hyung! I scored a point!” Taemin jumped up in joy as one point went to him.

“Beginner’s luck,” Minho replied.

A couple more exchanges and Taemin scored again… and again… and again. Minho ended up sweaty as he lost, 6-2.

Minho panted has he looked down in dismay. “I… lost?”

Tickets came out from Taemin’s side, and he showed it to his hyung, who was still looking very disappointed. “Hyung, look! I think we have enough for the frog stuffed toy now.”

Minho grabbed the tickets from Taemin’s hand and added it with the rest of his tickets.

“It’s alright, hyung… maybe you’re just tired. After all, you did help me win all these tickets for me.”

Minho totally ignored what Taemin said and approached the counter. He pointed at the stuffed toy Taemin wanted and got it from the counter noona.

“Why the did you get this big stupid stuffed toy anyway?” Minho shoved the toy into Taemin’s arms.

Taemin laughed. “It looks like you hyung!” Taemin hugged the toy tight.

“Bull crap,” Minho crossed his arms and rolled his eyes.

“Hyung…? Why so serious?”

“…”

Minho wouldn’t know how to answer him. Aside from the fact that he loves the silence, he also wouldn’t know what to say to Taemin. The only words that welled in his mouth before speaking up would be phrases like “I love you”, or “let me in your life”, or “please kiss me”, or even “let’s sleep together”. As he watched the maknae hug the frog stuffed toy, he imagined himself. How hot would it be to share the warmth of my love? How soft would it be to hug him? Minho’s mind was going on forever, as he wondered endlessly how eternal the feelings will be when the maknae ever does those things to him.

He loved him.

-----

Saturday dinner

The quiet was intense as the two took their dinner. Minho’s mind was going crazy as he would recall Jonghyun-hyung blabbering about random things by now, Key trying to make him shut up and let everyone listen to him instead, Onew and Taemin laughing loudly, and how his chopsticks make those certain sounds as he bears with the noise of his group members.

“I enjoyed today, Minho-hyung,” Taemin tried to break the silence between the two.

Minho irked as his observations and recalling was interrupted by the sound of the maknae’s voice. “Oh?”

“Yes, hyung, I really did…”

“…” Minho sighed as he pushed away his empty bowl and clasped his hands over the table. “Good. I would’ve strangled you if you didn’t. All my efforts would’ve gone to waste.”

“Ah! Of course not, hyung!” Taemin gave a large smile.

As his thumbs fumbled and played with each other, Minho couldn’t help but to look at Taemin as the maknae smiled through eating his noodles and soup. Minho bit his lower lip as he tried to think again about the infinite possibilities and feelings that enveloped him. If only Taemin enjoyed him like his noodles. If only Taemin and I would share the bowl. If only Taemin and I would accidentally eat the same noodle and end up kissing at the end.

“Hyung…?”

“…”

“Why so serious?”

Minho just smiled. “None of your business…”

Taemin, looking unsatisfied, just stared at Minho. He tried so hard to understand him. Why is he like this? Why is he so hard on everyone, especially me? Why is he so anti-social? He thinks he’s so cool…

“…Why are you looking at me like that?”

“Nothing, hyung,” Taemin finished up his noodles and stood up. He popped the fridge open and got ice cream popsicles. He sat back down and split the ice cream in half. He gave the other piece to Minho.

Minho watched Taemin eat his share of the ice cream. His senses were tingling. This time, all other different senses were being prompted. He felt a disturbance inside his pants, and it was a good kind. In every single and the maknae did to his ice cream, there were things Minho was imagining by himself. He looked at his own ice cream and found out it was already melting.

Minho, in all his goodness and satisfaction, smiled.

-----

Saturday night

Both Minho and Taemin laid down on their own beds. Minho took this time to lie down on his back and placed both his hands on his abdomen. Taemin curled on his bed and faced Minho.

“Hyung…?”

“Yes?”

“Why are you like that?”

“Hmm?”

“Why are you always so quiet …why so serious?”

“…It’s… It’s complicated…”

“Well, then explain yourself, hyung–”

“Why are you so interested anyway?!” Minho screamed as he sat up from his position.

Taemin was very startled with the way his hyung reacted. He’s seen Minho mad, but not like this. Slowly, his eyes fogged up. Minho, not wanting to make the maknae cry, moved in closer, on top of the bed in between that bridged theirs.

“Do you want to know? Fine. Everything, absolutely everything gets into my mind. Anything my senses pick up, they register in my head automatically and work differently. I focus too much on them. Scary isn’t it?”

“…That is… pretty scary…” Taemin sat up and pretended that he cared and felt that Minho was just overreacting.

“That’s not all! I love the silence because it makes me think better. It makes me organize everything my senses picked up. It makes me sort out all the things I think about. On top of that, I have to deal with my feelings!”

“…Are you done yet, hyung…?”

“You don’t know how much it hurts!”

Minho stuttered as his words just fumbled out of his mouth. It was the first time he never thought of his words before speaking up. Finally... he shouted, “…You don’t know how much I love you!”

Saranghae.

Taemin’s eyes enlarged with the mere mention of the phrase I love you. His mind became pitch black. Words couldn’t conjure in his head, nor well up in his mouth. There was plainly nothing he could say. Minho’s eyes welled up fast and tears finally dropped from his eyes. His mind was at its wildest. Every tear drop was tantamount to numerous questions that stacked up one after another in his mind. Is this how it is to fall in love? Is it this difficult? Why is this person making this difficult for me?

…Will he love me back?

“H-h-hyung I… I didn’t–”

Minho leaned in for a kiss. It was his first kiss; their first kiss. Taemin was caught off-guard as his hyung was right here, locking lips with his. At first, his eyes widened much more, but eventually, slowly, he closed them and shed tears. It was an overflow of emotion for the two. The sensation was unexplainable. It was too much for Minho that nothing else was on his mind. It was just him, Taemin, and that special moment. The unbreakable connection between the two developed into an eternity.

Minho and Taemin held each other’s nape and went deeper into the fiery passion. The flaming charisma leaned forward so that the maknae could lie down and rest on his bed. But the two had not separated yet. It took one caress of Minho onto Taemin’s cheek to break the seal. They finally opened their eyes as they snapped back into reality.

They both smiled at each other. Minho slithered in beside Taemin on his bed and hugged him from behind. Minho savoured every single moment they had together: the passionate kiss they shared, the heat from Taemin’s body transferring to his, and the wonderful sensations that sparked whenever they came in contact.

Lastly, the flaming charisma left his flaming kiss tracks on the maknae’s back trailing to his nape, neck, and finally, his jaw. As he did this, it sent jolts throughout Taemin’s body and caused goosebumps to appear. Taemin shivered at every peck, and Minho aided him by tightening the hug between them.

“I love you…” he whispered.

“…I love you too,” the maknae replied softly.

Minho leaned his head on Taemin’s, locking both of them in a passionate and romantic backhug as they slumber.

“…don’t ever let me go…” Taemin uttered those last words as they both fell into peaceful slumber under the sparkling night’s spell.