Burned Down

EXO's New Roommate

Nobody's POV (3rd Person)

Ding Dong! The sound of the school bell rung, announcing the end of school. Eunmi muttered her goodbyes and exited the school, humming as she headed on her way home. She giggled to herself as she tried humming Jonghyun's high note in her favorite group, SHINee's new song "Dream Girl" but failed. She started to thinking of what to cook for dinner and turned the corner into her neighborhood.

It was there when the air suddenly had the smell of smoke. She tried to ignore it but as she walked closer to where her house was, the smell got stronger. Eunmi swung into panic mode and sprinted towards the familiar front lawn. She stopped and gaped,speechless, at the burning house in front of her. Random words raced through her head. Fire. House. Mom. Dad. Eunji. Her eyes stung as tears dripped down her cheek. She ran into the house with no second thoughts. She ran past what once was the living room and stopped in front of the frail body of her mom and dad in the hallway. They had died hugging each other. "Appa.........Omma....." were the only words that left her lips as her tears continued to pool down her cheeks. "Eunji.................EUNJI!" she screamed as she raced towards her little sister's bedroom to find her sister's body on the floor, surrounded by pages of homework that had been burned to a crisp. "EUNJI!" she yelled over and over. She took hold of her sister's body and crawled out of the house as the smoke continued to sting her eyes and fill her lungs. She ran out of the house and attempted to run to her neightbor's door but ended up tripping due to the dizziness she felt. "Eunji......." was the last thing she said before she collapsed at her neighbor's doorstep.

Eunmi's POV

I ran to Eunji's bedroom, not caring if I died or lived. The only thing that matters right now is if she lives. She has a whole future in front of her. I need to get her out. Now. I saw her on the floor surrounded by her algebra homework. I grabbed her and carried her piggyback style, completely ignoring the whole stop-drop-roll concept. I ran and tripped twice,skimming my knees. Ignoring the pain,I ran out of the house and towards the first door I saw, which turned out to be Mrs. Smith's. She was our kind neighbor who moved in a month ago. She treated us like we were her grandchildren. As I took a step towards her door, I felt my knees wobble and give out. The whisper of "Eunji..." escaped my lips before the world went black around me.