What Happens When Nickhun is Hit with a Bra

What Happens When Nickhun is Hit with a Bra

On the plane, they were as 2PM always were, hyper and energetic at the most random times of the day. Taecyeon had sent a text message to Jaebeom, who was currently living in Seattle and the excited former Leadja had promised to fly down to LA to ‘chill.’

Wooyoung had a genuine smile on his face for the first time in a long time. He had always been close to Jaebeom, who never failed to bring out the silly side of him. Without even noticing it, he linked his arm with Nickhun, who was sitting beside him and started to rant on all the things he planned to do with the beloved Leadja. Nickhun didn’t even listen, but that didn’t faze Wooyoung. All that mattered was that he was going to see Jaebeom again.

Behind them, Junho and Chansung were arguing over food. Apparently, Junho had taken the banana that came with their meal. Junho insisted that Chansung had eaten his without realising, but Chansung retorted with a short but effective: ‘Liar.’

Taecyeon had been telling Junsu with a smile on his face about all the times that Jaebeom had slipped up. Junsu, who had heard this a thousand times before, still cracked up at his funny antics. Remembering the days when they had been happy and content with pranking each other, they fell silent.

Off the plane, they stayed silent. The last thing they needed was fangirls swarming over them as a locust swarms over crops. It was a bit hard though, as a certain person named Park Jaebeom was standing there waiting for them, dressed up in ridiculous attire that only he could think of.

‘What’s up?’

The six boys almost cried. Their Leadja had never changed. He was still eccentric. He was still so loving and giving towards them.

‘Aww. Are my poor babies about to cry? Taecyeon-ah, did you bully them?’

‘Yah! We’re not crying.’

‘Men don’t cry,’ denied Junho.

‘Jay-man, I don’t bully people.’

‘Yeah, yeah, like I believe you Ok Taecyeon.’

Almost naturally, they followed Jaebeom out. After they had texted him, he had insisted on organising their accommodation and transport. Telling JYP that a special somebody they knew in LA had organised it, 2PM had left the reins to Jaebeom.

Unfortunately, his tastes were a bit extravagant. He had booked the most expensive suite available in the Sheraton hotel located in downtown LA. Fortunately, this was all being paid for by the company. Without a manager to chain them down, the boys were planning to run wild, when they saw the guest in their suite.

‘Minjae-hyung!’

‘Start running, boys!’ Yelled out Taecyeon. They obeyed him (for once) and bounded, leaped, even twirled away from their scary manager. Wooyoung was the first to realise that he wasn’t chasing after them and gave him a comical look. The rest of them stopped running and also looked at their manager.

‘I hired him,’ shrugged Jaebeom.

2PM sighed in relief and surrounded Minjae, who told them of their plans to tour the city tomorrow before starting the concert at exactly 8PM sharp and ended 3 hours later.

Nichkhun proceeded to bore the hell out of Wooyoung about his high school days and all the fun he had. TaecJay, who were finally reunited, retreated to the closest room and claimed it as theirs, locking the door and engaging in a conversation of gangster English.

‘Sup.’

‘Sup, Jay-man.’

‘I’m worried.’

‘Just chill, bro. Nothing’s gonna happen.’

‘It’s intuition, man. One of my babies is gonna experience a life-changing moment tomorrow.’

‘You think too much.’

‘Yah.’ Jaebeom slapped Taecyeon, who grinned stupidly for a second, JUST a second, before slapping him back. They then had a play fight on the floor, not knowing, not caring about what was on the other side of the door. It was just a private moment for them both.

On the other side of the door, lay five lazy boys and one manager. They weren’t exactly on the other side of the door, but they could hear the giggles coming from inside the room.

Oh lord, thought Junsu, this is them again, the inseparable overseas couple. Aloud though, he said nothing of his feelings, only suggesting a movie for them to watch. Lazily, they hit the maknae in order to make him fetch the remote control to the TV. He groaned and got up, prolonging his trip to the cupboard where the remote lay, complaining of eternal agony.

‘Wow. She’s hot.’ commented Junho. ‘Why is she running though?’ His question was answered when the next thing that showed up on screen was a monster scary enough to make most toddlers scream. Junho, being a grown man, also screamed and cuddled into Junsu.

‘What a sissy.’ remarked Wooyoung, who had cuddled into Nichkhun and was starting to fall asleep from the sheer comfort of Nickhun’s chest. When Junho reached over in order to try and hit him, he was stopped by Nichkhun. ‘Mehrong.’ taunted Wooyoung, safe under Nickhun’s protection.

Chansung sat in his own little corner, disregarding the world as he chewed on his banana. One down, nine to go, he thought satisfactorily, seeing his beloved bunch of bananas next to him. Jaebeom had bought that for him as a ‘Welcome to beloved America’ present. When the maknae stopped whining, the Leadja had then boasted of his ‘all-saving, awe-inspiring Super Dooper Leadja skills.’ The other boys had promptly given him a smack on the back.

The next morning, the five boys awoke fresh and revived, although they had a cramp in their neck from sleeping on the floor.

‘Let’s GO!’ yelled Nichkhun, their tour guide for the day.

They were shown to not only the famous tourist spots, but also to Nichkhun’s old high school. They were currently strolling in a park together, when Junho spotted a tree with a sign underneath it.

‘Khun-hyung, what’s that?’

Feeling that he had to talk to impress, Nichkhun made up a quick lie about the tree being the oldest tree in the world, having being 10,000 years old. He heard the snickering of Taecyeon and Jaebeom next to him. Evidently, they had read the sign and figured out his lie.

‘Karma will repay you.’ warned Jaebeom.

‘Did you convert Buddhism while you were back home? Geesh. You so corny now.’ remarked Taecyeon. Jaebeom slapped him and they engaged in yet another one of their many play fights.

‘Why was that?’

‘Read the sign, Junnie.’

Nichkhun watched Junho mouth the words on the sign slowly. When he reached the words ‘one hundred,’ his face turned towards Nichkhun, with a look of betrayal.

Feeling that he had to save his from Junho, Nichkhun quickly ushered the boys towards the direction of an ice cream seller. All their squabbles, fights and lies were forgotten as they enjoyed the cold treat together.

Before they knew it, it was time to go for their concert. For this occasion, they were dress in simple black tank tops, black pants, black belts and even matching black boots. Jaebeom had insisted on come along, disguising himself with another ridiculous outfit. When asked about his fashion choice, Jaebeom showed his firm belief in Twister mats as an ultimate invisibility cloak, obstinately refusing to change.

Despite the minor mishap in his choice of fashion, Jaebeom arrived to the concert relatively unnoticed, save for a few odd glances.

Seeing his hyung there to support them, Nichkhun smiled. He thought of all the good things in life. This was definitely one of them. Not only were there many, many fans there to support them, Jaebeom was there as well. This was going to be a good night.

He was proud to perform 10 Points out of 10. As an ‘older and wiser’ hyung (or so he thought), he knew the other members were thinking of Jaebeom standing there offstage cheering for them. HE knew they were thinking of him being there and not being able to be onstage with them, singing a song they had practiced so many times together before.

It was definitely one of his favourite stages; the fans were passionate and loving. They were definitely a lot more passionate in showing their love in comparison to Korean fans. But it was an ordinary performance, just like the ones he had performed thousands of times before in Korea. His part came up and threw his heart into it. Letting the fans sing, he danced for them, for Jaebeom, for himself.

Then it happened.

Someone threw a bra at him. That’s right, a bra. Yes, the one that means a woman’s undergarment that fits her s. This was definitely an embarrassing moment in his life.

Trying to act cool, he just shrugged it off. This was easier said than done, especially if you have an overexcited Junsu laughing at you. He performed a booty dance, earning the screams of the oh-so-passionate-that-I’d-throw-bras-at-my-idols fangirls. Moving away, he didn’t notice that he had caught his leg on the straps of a yellow bag that he had failed to notice during the bra fiasco.

Junsu was the kind one to point it out to him.

Unfortunately, Junsu was also the kind one who was first to laugh at him once they had gone offstage. Jaebeom had also joined them there and he had risen to give Nichkhun a big bear hug and start acting motherly. As usual, the former Leadja had lost his mind.

‘Aww, my darling baby. You shoulda listened to the all-knowing Leadja this morning. I wish I coulda protected you. Sorry Khunnie.’

‘Ouch. Jaebeom. Too much.’ he squeaked out. Truthfully, it was a bit disturbing. The fangirl who threw that (yes, he saw her), couldn’t have been any older than sixteen.

‘Sorry, baby. I’m so sorry you got corrupted.’

‘Nichkhun’s been corrupted since fifteen. He was introduced to then, remember?’ Thanks a lot for the information, Junsu.

‘AHA! So the angel face does watch !’ cackled Jaebeom, letting go and dropping the mother image.

‘This isn’t about , Jaebeom. This is about a fan potentially hurting one of us by throwing things onstage.’ Taecyeon was forever the sensible one.

Yes. It was dangerous too, if Junsu hadn’t warned me, I might’ve tripped over the yellow bag, thought Nichkhun. He looked down sadly, he wanted the fans to be as close to 2PM as possible, but safety was important too. Jaebeom noticed this and immediately reverted back to mother form.

‘My baby is traumatised. Aww. Khunnie, do not worry! Leadja is here to fix your mind. Tell us. Tell us know of all your feelings.’

He could tell them, he realised. He could tell his band mates all his worries, all his thoughts, everything about this situation. They could understand because they knew what it was like, to have crazy fans as well. Admittedly, bras had never been thrown at them, but they could understand as well.

So he sat them down and proceeded to tell them all his thoughts as calmly as he could.  About how mortifyingly embarrassing it was. He shared his thoughts about how he was concerned for the member’s safety with strange objects being thown. About how he was concerned for the fans, about his worries, even why he acted the way he did.

The best thing was, no one interrupted him.

This incident had brought them closer. An occasional nod told him that they were listening to him. The understanding eyes told him that they sympathised with him.

In the end, they all leaned in for a group hug.

‘Don’t worry, Khun-hyung. Everything will be ok.’ murmured Wooyoung. Nichkhun hadn’t even realised that he had been leaning on the younger man, who gave him a gentle kiss on the forehead before walking off.

Watching Junho and Chansung bickering over bananas yet again with Junsu attempting to resolve the situation (but failing miserably) and Jaebeom and Taecyeon conversing in their strange gangster English that even Nichkhun didn’t understand, he knew Wooyoung was right.

Fans would make GIFs, screenshots, maybe souvenir mugs or anything else they could think of. They would forever immortalise the moment Nichkhun Buck Horvejkul was hit with a bra. But none of that mattered, right?

After all, it was love that compelled a fangirl to throw a bra at her favourite idol. No harm done. (Cough cough.)

 

-------------------------------

No poster and stuff because I couldn't wait any longer than a minute to post this up.

Thanks to MusicChibi for providing a challenge fun and interesting enough for me to enjoy writing about.

 

SPAZZ TIME

I LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE JUNHO <3

also. Special mention to DreamHighLove101 (again) WUVVZZZZZZZZ YOU <3