Food (One Shot)

Food (One Shot)(Fantasy)

Saeng was a sensitive child, who would not just eat anything. His mom would have to sweet talk him to eat his meals. If that does not work; then she would have to threaten him with bodily harm.

"Saeng, please you have to eat your meal." His mom would tell him, but he would pay her no attention, and continued doing whatever he was doing. "I'll buy you a new toy if you eat your meal." She would say to him. And sometime, that would work, but sometimes, it does not.

Looked like a skinny kid and he was sickly, too. His mom is worried about his health. And he could not keep up with the other kids in the playground or the neighborhood. He easily got tired. Often times, Saeng would go the playground, but often stayed in the sandbox alone. He would play alone, and  would make pathways, caves, castles, whatever he would like to create for that day.

"Hmmm hmmm hmmmm hmmmmm" He would often hum while playing.

A girl approached him and asked, "Hay, can I play with you?"

With a sudden jerk of his head to look where the voice came from, he was surprised to hear someone, when he was so intent in what he was doing. Silent for a moment,  and didn't speak for a minute, but just looked at the girl. Unsmiling.

He asked her, "Are you from around here?"

She smiled and answered, "I often see you play here alone. And I wanted to play with you."

Unsmiling, Saeng asked her, "Why is that?" 

She answered him, "I'm often alone too. So seeing you here makes me want to play with you." She smiled. "My name is Lhai, what about you, what's your name?"

He kept looking at her, still unsmiling; then said, "I'm Saeng." He answered her. "Alright, come and join me." Saeng said to her.

Lhai left her bag on the side and went into the sandbox and played with him. "What are we making?" She asked.

"Ooohhmmmm Whatever you fancy I guess." He answered her. "But I've started with my castle."

"Oohh Alright let's do that." She said to him.

They played in the sandbox all morning.

When it was getting late Lhai said to Saeng, "I'm getting hungry why don't we stop to eat. I brought some food with me. We could eat together."

He said to her, "I'm not hungry. Go ahead and eat."

She said to him, " I have lots of food with me we could share them." She stood up and went to her bag.  "Do you want to eat there or shall we go over there under a tree. I'm really hungry. Please, come and eat with me. I don't like to eat alone. Please! ! ! Please! ! ! Pretty Please! ! !" And she smiled at him.

Still sitting in the sandbox, just looked at her with a half smile.  "Your not going to give up, are you?" Half smiling.

 "Please! ! !"

Rolling his eyes with a half smile, he answered, "Alright, you win." Got up and went with her under the tree to have their meal.

She took out from her bag the food they will be sharing. And arranged them in-front of them.

Curiously, Saeng asked Lhai, "What do you have there?" Peering in at the food.

Keeping her thoughts to herself, smiling, she didn't say anything. "Come let's eat our meal," she said. Giving him chopsticks.

Undecided, he's looking at the food, but not touching them. "hmmmm They do look delicious." He said.

"Come and eat." She said to him.

Picking up his chopsticks he picked a tiny portion of food and put it in his mouth. "hmmmm" His eyes has gone bigger. He picked another portion a little bigger than the first one. "hmmmm ooooh" He picked another and another.

Lhai is watching him, eating his meal. And she is smiling. Looking pleased, she ate a little, too.

He is enjoying his meal. He keeps eating, and a smile starts peeking at his lips. He didn't notice that he was actually eating a good portion of the food that Lhai brought. With a tiny glow in his face, Saeng only stopped when he was full. "OoohhThat was delicious! !" He said to her.

Smiling, she said, "I'm glad you enjoyed the food."

He said, "Thank you for the meal. It was really delicious." Smiling.

With joy, smiling, she said, "Your welcome."

"Oooh, No!! What time is it?" He said. "I have to go home. I promised my mom I'd go home early."

Still a smile on her face, she said, "It's alright. Go home."

Glowing, Saeng with a full smile said to Lhai, "Thanks again for the food." Bowed his head and left to go home.

Joy in her heart,  and smiling, she watches him walk away, and then turned to put everything away.

"Hmmm hmmm hmmmm hmmmm" She was humming when she walked away from the tree. She went to the back of the playground, changed back into her angelic form., and disappeared.