Confessions of an Idol's Girlfriend: We Meet Again

Confessions of an Idol's Girlfriend: We Meet Again

You look in the mirror and almost didn’t recognize the person in front of you.

 

She's blooming with the blush on her face. Her eyes are as bright as ever. And her lips are soft and glossed. But her once beautiful long hair is now cut short up to her shoulders, almost a bob.

 

You sigh and whispered to yourself, "This is better than three months ago.”

 

**

 

You kept running and running but everywhere you looked you saw the same picture. It has only been a week since you broke up with him but there is already news about him dating another girl.

 

"I thought he loved me..", you whisper to yourself. You felt strong arms suddenly wrapping around you.

 

"Noona.. Please, stop. You're hurting yourself."

 

You try to hold back tears as your best friend kept holding you.

 

“Please stop crying, I’m here for you.", he said. You crumble into his arms and sobbed. You kept saying sorry. You didnt know what else to say, but hearing those words made you feel safe. And comforted. And like what he said loved, which was what you needed.

 

**

 

It's been three months and the whole school had gotten over the fact that they tormented you for your boyfriend.. Oh right, Ex-boyfriend.

 

You walk around the school like it never happened. Everything went back to the way it was. And soon enough, you'd be out of there and graduate. Go to college. Work. Or whatever. Just as long as you get to leave that school.

 

It’s lunch time and you in the cafeteria with your best friend. As usual he was blabbering about how boring English class was and how awful the food was, yet he’s munching away. You smile and nod at what he’s saying, not really listening.

Your mind started to wander off when he asked you, “You’re not even listening are you?”

“Wha-what? Of course I’m listening!”, you said, defensively.

“Then tell me.”

“Tell you what?”

“Have you moved on?”, he said, which took you by surprise. He had kept badgering you months ago but you told him that you weren’t ready to date anyone yet. Or ever for that matter.

“Look..”, you said but was interrupted.

“You told me that you’re not ready, I get it. But it’s been three months. You told me you’ve moved on but how come you won’t open up your heart to anyone else..”, he stated.

You sighed in defeat. He’s right. I know he’s right. But I can’t just start dating. What if I started to date then something might go wrong..

Your thoughts were interrupted when he said, “Nothing will go wrong. And if something does go wrong, I’ll be here for you. I promise.”

“I-i..”, you stutter.

“Just give yourself a chance. I promise that it wouldn’t hurt like how he hurt you..”

Your heart clenched at those words. It’s true, even though you were the one that walked out; your boyfriend, ex-boyfriend to be exact, was the one that hurt you even more. Right after his public announcement that he did have a girlfriend but the two of you already broke up, news about him dating another idol started to buzz. And soon enough pictures were released; proof that he had long forgotten about you.

“Fine. I’ll go on a date. But please, don’t be all weird.”, you said to him with a chuckle. He grinned his big gummy smile and the two of you started to talk about plans. Well, he mostly did the talking; you just sat there and listened. Suddenly, you feel your phone vibrate. It’s a phone a call.

 “Hold on, someone’s calling..”, you stated.

Calling..

Unknown number

“Huh. Wonder who it is..” You press the answer button and spoke.

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Hi.. I-uh.. Is this..”

Even if he just spoke those few words, more like stuttered those few words, you already knew who it was. You felt your heart clench even more when he continued to speak and couldn’t help but say.. “Why are you calling me?”

**

“What am I even doing here? Why on earth did I agree to meet up him.. Even the weather thinks it’s a bad idea..”, you mutter to yourself as you walk up hill, holding an umbrella because of the drizzle, to the café you usually went to with him.

Please, just.. I want to see you. I want to talk to you.. Please.

His words flashed back in your mind as you reach the café. There aren’t too many people but you’re still worried, given the history you had with fan girls. You sit on the available seat in the corner of the café, almost at the back area not wanting to gain attention. A waitress came by and asked for your order. “Coffee latte, please.”

The waitress left but got stuck on her feet when she noticed the very good-looking guy that just came in. Everyone in the café gawked at his flawless skin, tall build, his dazzling eyes, and plum lips. He strode towards you and everyone just kept staring. You started to feel the tiny orbs of sweat crawling down your back, you’ve never been this nervous and you’re not even sure if it’s about the soon-to-be-formed mob of fan girls or just meeting him again after breaking up with him.

He kept his eyes on you, not looking at anyone else. When he finally reached your seat, he was smiling like a kid in a candy store, all crunched up nose and big grin. You start to feel yourself blush and hurriedly looked away, you gestured your hand for him to sit in front of you.

After a few minutes of awkward silence and murmurs from around the room he finally spoke, “So, how are you?”

“I-im.. I’m fine.”, you stuttered. Why the heck am I this nervous?

“Good. That’s good.”, he said looking at you sincerely.

“Why..”

“I wanted to see you.”

“But why?”

You see him squirm; he’s nervous too. “If that’s all then I think I want to go now. The crowd forming outside isn’t a good sign.”, you said as you ready yourself to get up and leave.

“Wait!”, he said holding your hand. “I-i.. I missed you.”

You try to pull on your hand; you wanted to leave and not hear what he has to say. It doesn’t matter now. He’s forgotten about you, his feelings for you, his love for you, his promises.. It doesn’t matter now.

You try your best to jiggle your hand from his grip but he doesn’t want to let go.

“Please listen. Everything you heard on the news was a lie. I didn’t date anyone after we broke up. Those images that scattered were a misunderstanding. She was just a friend that helped me get home after I got drunk.. When you left me.. I thought you were the one I called but..”

“Stop.”, you said. “Just please stop. I want to go now.”

“Please.. Please listen..”

“No!”, you pull away from his grip and ran outside not even bothering to get your umbrella. The crowd outside luckily gave you a way. You kept running and running until you reach the plaza, the rain grew harder. You sit on the swing and cry.

I’m trying to move on and make everything better for the both of us. Why is he doing this.. it’s better if we’re apart..

“I love you.. I still love you..”

You hear him from not so far away. He walked towards you holding your umbrella. You look up and see him in front of you with sad eyes.

“I never forgot about you; about how I felt and all my promises. I never forgot. I just needed time too. I needed to make sure when I came back to you I can protect you. And now I can. Please.. Please give me a chance.”

You couldn’t hold back tears anymore. You wrapped your arms around his waist tightly, resting your head on his chest. You sobbed and he held you tightly. You hear his heart beating. And you feel safe, like you did before.

“I can’t just let you in my life again. I’m scared.”, you said between your sobs.

“I know. Let me prove myself to you. I’ll keep you safe. I promise.”

You look up at him and he kisses your forehead then your nose and then your lips. He kissed you softly but with want. You can feel all his longing in that kiss and all his regret that he let you go, but also you could feel his delight that you’ve returned to his arms. The many small drops of rain drizzled on the both of you, the rain grew lighter and a ray of sun can be seen. In that time, in his arms, nothing else mattered. His love, his promises, that’s what mattered.


A/N: TADAH! Hooray you got back together! Or did you? /:) We'll just have to subscribe and wait for the following Confessions of an Idol's Girlfriend~! Thank you for reading. Comments and subscriptions are your gift to me. Thank you lovely readers~! :-*