Our GoodBye

Just Another Story: That Time...

This is a Oneshot about you and L.Joe, however I did wrote it in a third person point of view using you as her. I hoped you like it.

 

Listen to this song >>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TTPZlos40Sg 

 

Ahn Dae woke up with a stiff neck and numb legs, aching back and spinning head. She did not get any sleep at all for the airplane ride was too bumpy; considering the fact they’re in the air for almost eighteen hours. She loves to travel but airplanes are too annoying, especially the food.


After arriving in Seoul after three years, she finally met her dad and her relatives. Although they almost did not recognized her at all due to her more mature and very well fashioned clothing, most were shocked by her appearance. Who would’ve thought that that little girl three years would become into this very auratic and well fit women. That little girl who almost looked like a boy with her mushroom hair and skinny body would become this average height girl with cute facial structure. They call it puberty. However, she still looked younger than her age.


For the first week all they did was celebrate and party. Drinking and karaokeing every night, having a feast every day … All these became boring for Dae. And it continued the next week. All Dae wanted after celebrating all these celebration was to travel a little bit Korea or Seoul again, but apparently her parents were too busy planning their wedding, her big sister hanging out with her old friends and her little sister hugging the television without a care in the world. As for her, she had friends … Had.


Stuck in her home, all she could ever wonder was exactly why did she felt so isolated even in her own home town? It felt like she neither belong in America and in South Korea.


For the past few days, these was what happened. Then her aunt brought her to the bakery store where Dae became the cashier since Math has always been her speciality. Standing behind the counters, she could feel people looked at her. Does she really looked like a foreigner or something? She’s even wearing her dad’s clothings because her mom forgot to put her luggage in the car before going off...


Meanwhile, there she met a boy named Kai. Kai was sure skinny but taller than her, he’s one of the baker and doesn’t go to school anymore because he needed to make money first for his family. Dae was only one year younger than him but they get along very well. Sometimes the crew would tease Kai because for sure he likes her. But that didn’t last long for he had to move back to his hometown and continue living like he used to.


Dae supported it but at the same it was a shame … After he left, her days became boring again. She thought that once she goes back home, she’d feel that feeling where she won’t want to go back to America. Apparently, she didn’t.


One day, in the middle of the night under the pitch dark room where she shared room with her little sister. She got a sudden message from someone she recognized after checking the person’s profile; Hey, I heard you’re back home. Dae smiles remembering who this person was. Her first love, Lee Byunghyun.


Back in fifth grade elementary, Dae and him would pass notes during class and even outside with the help of some of her friends. Lee Byunghyun has always been popular, his appeal and looks outshines other girls; almost every girl in their class had a crush on him, some claimed him, some says they’re in love with him. Although she considered herself one because in truth she did have a thing for him, Dae never thought he was that attractive; he was only cute.


But because the two have a thing for each other, passing notes to each other was the only way they conversate. It was weird and old school, but it was the only way. Dae and Byunghyun had mutual feelings, everyone in the class can feel it but they ignored it.


“Of course, I remember you. How have you been?” she replied.


L.Joe: I’m really good actually.

Dae: Really? That’s good. I expected that.

L.Joe: You didn’t say goodbye when you left....

Dae: I’m sorry … My mom took me away.


It was real, her mom was in a hurry and she wasn’t able to tell him how she felt or even say goodbye. She wrote it in a note, and lost it.


L.Joe: It’s okay. It seems that saying goodbye that time wasn’t the right time :)

Dae: Haha, maybe. So? How’s life?

L.Joe: I should be asking you that.

Dae: It’s very …. fine …. No, I can’t lie. It’s boring.

L.Joe: Oh … Want to hang out? Tomorrow? I want to see you in person.

Dae: Okay, where?

L.Joe: The mall at 2 pm?

Dae: Okay.

L.Joe: Go to sleep. Good Night.




Morning came and she woke up picking what she wanted to wear … But she remembered, she doesn’t have clothes. Arriving at the destination, she finally met Byunghyun face to face. He’s grown tall and this time she could really see that strong appeal. He’s an attention grabber. No doubt. Dae shook her head in amuse and interest.


“Hey,” she called her. He turned to look and was … lovestruck. Although it had been a long time, never once he forgot about. Maybe they were times but never... He observes her. She’s changed or maybe it’s because he has never seen her in casual informal clothes. Nothing has changed much on her except puberty striking. He was lovestruck and his heart was beating really fast. There was nothing that he could do, this feeling was his first love.


The two started their journey to fun train and goes on arcade games. He couldn’t keep his eyes off her and for some reason he just wants to pull her waist close to her and kiss her passionately. That’s it. He wants her, but he was afraid of the lust taking over. No, that’s not what he precisely wants. He missed her. He wants to at least tell her how he feels.


After two hours of having fun, the two walks to the nearest community park and settles down on a bench. It became really quiet...


“Dae, do you have any boyfriend?” he suddenly asked, startling her.


“No,” she answers with her normal composure. L.Joe nods. “Byunghyun, why do people call you L.Joe?” she asked causing him to laugh.


“It’s just a codename or a nickname,” he answered. Then it became quiet again.


“How about you? Do you have girlfriend?” she asked him.


L.Joe was silent for awhile then let out a big sigh, “yeah … We’re not married yet but we do have a kid.”


Dae nods. “Really? How old is he?”


“Two,” L.Joe said. He wondered how she knew or why she wasn’t surprised … But he thought maybe he got the news from someone else, an old friend maybe?


Dae nods again, “Shin Ji told me about it.” L.Joe nods. “You love her?” she asked. L.Joe turned to look at her but she was only looking at the little kids playing on the playground.


“I learned to,” he replied tersely. Dae nods.


“That’s good.”



L.Joe’s phone started to ring and he left the place with Dae requesting to stay for awhile more. His love for her and her love for him, will always be unrequited. It was something that was never said and never will.


She loved him although she tried to forget her feelings. He loved her even though she left without a goodbye. He have his own life and she must not interfere. She breathe in some air to inhale and closes her eyes … “Air does come back, but it’s never the same.”


Although they love each other, their happy ending was not meant to be. I guess not everything in life has that expected happy ending but their story did ended like a cliffhanger but a happy one. They were satisfied.

L.Joe walked away feeling like his shoulder felt even more heavy. She was the one he truly loved. The only girl he ever loved so truly … But just like any first love, it comes and go.


That time when they had the chance to say it all out, they chose not to, because three words can change everything. Everything. That time, their love became permanently unrequited.


They looked up the sky and just like always wonder what would have happened if they confessed … But after that day, they never talked or even saw each other anymore. The two left each other’s chances, without saying goodbye.

 
 
 
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So How was it? Sad? Ironic? Happy? Cool? IDK? 
 
THANKS FOR READING!
 
I HOPED YOU LIKED IT <3
 
 
tumblr_m5i6l0gjCG1r9wat4o1_250.gif