Final

Karma

                Once, there was an untidy, nerdy, dumb guy named Shin Dongho courting a y, cute, gorgeous, seducing, and snobbish girl named Jari. Dongho had a crush on Jari ever since grade school. And now that they’re in the middle school, he put his courage and hopes up together for the school’s hottest heartthrob.

                Dongho finally found the right time to do his courting for Jari. Searching for Jari, Dongho walked as his eyes scanned the crowded hall intensely.

                “There she is..”, he murmured to himself as his eyes caught the sight of the girl he’s been looking for. Dongho walked up to where Jari and her friends was, sighing and praying silently to himself. His chest was pounding heavily, as if warning him that it might explode any time soon.

                Dongho didn’t know why he had suddenly felt brave about courting his crush. Heck, he doesn’t even know if Jari knows or has ever noticed him. Jari was a high-class type of person, and Dongho? He’s a high-class type of person too… don’t you think so?

                “Jari.”, Dongho called the heartthrob out nervously as the latter turned to face him. Bowing slightly out of nervousness and embarrassment, Dongho blurted out, “Can you please be my girlfriend?”, then there was a short silence. Almost everyone in the hall stopped on their steps and their own conversations, giving the two their full attentions.

                Jari erupted in laughter, clutching on her stomach as she eyed  Dongho judgingly. “Oh my gosh! Seriously?”, Jari asked playfully, observing Dongho from head to toe with a disapproval hint of look plastered on her gorgeous face.

               Dongho got hurt, why was she acting like this?

               “Of course I am serious.”, Dongho responded seriously. He had gained all his courage up just to tell the other girl his feelings and Jari was just going to embarrass and hurt him? That was not acceptable in Dongho’s thinking.

               Jari once again bursted in laughter, now, a louder one. “You’re so funny! Did you even bother looking in the mirror?”, she told Dongho unbelievably. “Maybe you haven’t even looked at yourself in the mirror. I mean, who would even come up to a princess like me looking like that? Seriously.”, Jari said, half-whispering with an annoying tone of speaking. “Now will you please get out of my way? Ew.”, Jari pushed Dongho as she walked past him carelessly.

              Dongho was feeling really hurt and down. The students who had seen the happening were now laughing at him evilly, as if annoying him. His one and only crush embarrassed him in front of people. How could she..?

              He suddenly thought, “Am I really that ugly? Why doesn’t she like me? What’s wrong with me..?”,  then a tear fell down on his pale cheek.

 

 

              As soon as he arrived home, he faced the mirror. He observed his own appearance. He has a fair skin, his nose wasn’t that bad, and his eyes were charming. But then, the problem was that he looks ragged. His school uniform was yellow-ish, his pants were loose, and he was wearing a nerd’s glasses. Dongho took it off and realized that he looked much more better without it, but the thing was that his eye sight isn’t that good..

              Suddenly, he remembered that his mom bought him his very own contact lenses. Smiling to himself as he looked at his reflection, he knew exactly what to do.

 

 

                Exactly after he entered the school, he passed by Jari. Her eyes were wide open glued to Dongho. The students started whispering with each other, probably talking about him.

                “Jari, is that a new transferee? He’s so handsome! Gosh!”, said Jari’s friend.

                “Are you dumb? He’s not a transferee! He’s the guy who courted Jari  yesterday! The one who she embarrassed in front of people, right, Jari?”

                Jari was loss of words, she didn’t know how to respond to her friends’ blabbering. She was so amazed by what she was seeing in front of her. The untidy, nerdy, dumb guy that courted her yesterday transformed into a complete hottie. Jari walked towards Dongho.

                “H-hello there!”, Jari stuttered, greeting Dongho.

                “Oh, hello.”, Dongho responded coolly.

                “Wow! Just.. wow! You look better! You’ve changed so much! You know what? Fine, you can be my boyfriend from now on. Are we good?”, Jari blurted out of amazement, slightly flirting Dongho.

                Dongho laughed. “Are you serious?!”

                Jari got confused. “Huh? Of course, I am serious.”, Jari told him reassuringly.

                “Have you ever observed yourself?”, Dongho said. “Sorry but, you’re not my type anymore. I’d rather go out with a simple yet nice person. Now, excuse me.”, Dongho passed by her carelessly.

                Jari couldn’t believe what had happened. Her eyes were once again wide open with her jaw dropped.

                “That’s what you call karma!”,

                “Ooh going to cry?”,

                “How sad!”,

                “Good for you, jackass!”

                Jari angrily ran away from everyone, not wanting to hear any more of their comments.