one

Between You and Me

 

Zelo sat beside the hospital bed. On the bed was his girlfriend, Bang Yoonhee. Yoonhee was in an accident with Zelo but he was not badly injured and treated as an out-patient. Yoonhee wasn’t conscious yet. Her head was bandaged. Fortunately,  no bones crushed or broken. Yongguk came into the room.

“Here…” he gave Zelo a burger and he sat beside Zelo.

“Thanks… Hmm. She’s not awake yet. I’m sorry, hyung,” Zelo apologized. He was still in guilt. Because of him, Yoonhee got injured. Yongguk patted his back.

“Everything happens for a reason. It’s okay. At least, she’s still… alive. Let’s just hope for the better, kay? Now, stop being cheesy and eat the burger~” different from his face and hoarse voice, Yongguk was rather a fun guy. He doesn’t like serious, I mean, really serious situation. In conclusion, he’s optimistic.

Zelo… he was cute, tall and a bit childish. That’s why Yoonhee liked him. Apparently, he blended well with Yongguk. So, no conflicts there~ Yongguk and Yoonhee were siblings, really close… They lived in Yongguk’s house. Their parents weren’t dead. Just that, they were always out of country.

At first, he didn’t Yoonhee was dating until he found them at a café. A fun guy he was, he approached them and sat beside Yoonhee, shocking the couple. He asked Zelo’s name and wished them a happy day before he walked out of the café. He really loved his sister but Zelo looked nice, so he let it slip.

After eating their snacks, Zelo and Yongguk sat quietly. Zelo’s head was rocking back and forth, he hadn’t slept for two days straight.

“Yah, go to sleep. I’ll take over,” Yongguk said to Zelo. Zelo hummed and slept with his head resting on the bed. Yongguk was staring at his dear sister’s beautiful, oval face… when he saw her eyelids moved. He gasped.

“Yoonhee-yah?” he called. The girl opened her eyes. But, her stare towards Yongguk was definitely different, as though she doesn’t recognize him.

“Where am I?” her first question to Yongguk.

“Hospital…”Yongguk answered but the next question brought a great shock to him.

“Um… who are you? Where’s my oppa?” she asked but Yongguk failed to answer. None of this had registered to him. Yoonhee then looked at the sleeping Zelo. “Oppa~” she called Zelo. The boy woke up sleepily.

“Yoonhee…? You’re okay!” he turned to Yongguk but the elder’s expression was the opposite. “Hyung?” yongguk didn’t respond and stared blankly.

“Hyung?” yoonhee asked. “oppa~ since when do we have another brother?” now, it was Zelo’s time to get shocked.

“you… you think I’m your oppa?” yoonhee nodded at the question.

“why? I have a brother, right?”

“But…” Zelo was out of words and the doctor came, called by Yongguk.

“Excuse me, can we talk outside?” Dr. Kang motioned the 2 boys.

“Doctor, what’s going on? You said she’ll be okay…” Yongguk started.

“She’s physically alright… But there was no guarantee that her memory would recover fully… she remembered that she had a brother but her mind only remembers the last person he saw, which is you,” Dr. Kang pointed to Zelo.

“WHAT!?!” Zelo and Yongguk exclaimed.

“Don’t worry. She’ll recover fully over three months or so…” the statement made the two stared at each other. It looks like they had to play along with Yoonhee for about three months. Zelo, the ‘oppa’ and Yongguk the stranger. For the first time of his life, Yongguk had been totally irritated by his own sister.