Prologue: The Return of Sehun

Love Like Ink

 

Sehun knocked twice on the large iron door of the Victorian style house Mrs. Lu had told him her son had moved into while Sehun had been gone. A lot had changed in the five years he’d been absent. His friends had grown up and moved, started families, gotten real jobs, and Sehun…well Sehun had pretty much stayed the same.

 

Sehun had left his hometown right after he’d turned 20 and never looked back. Han had been studying at the local college at the time (as had most of their friends). Sehun hadn’t had it in him to finish school and he’d been harboring a burning fear of growing up so he’d run for the city one day without telling a soul where he was going.

 

Now, five years later, he was back. He leaned awkwardly against the doorframe, trying hard to look smooth and calm when all he wanted to do was scream at how stupid he’d been in his youth. Despite regretting his decision to leave no later than a year after his quick departure, Sehun just could not bring himself to come back. He liked to tell himself it was because he’d grown too attached to the nomadic life he’d made for himself. Really he was just too scared and embarrassed to admit he missed his home.

 

After waiting awkwardly on the porch for several minutes Sehun turned to leave. A very red-faced, very infuriated Lu Han greeted him at the edge of the front yard.

 


 

Sehun hated being proved wrong. In his mind, he was always right and could get away with anything. Lu Han’s fist and piercing screech apparently begged to differ. Sehun just wanted to curl up in a ball and die after Han’s screeching started turning his brain to mush after the little blonde deer had already sent his head spinning from a hard right hook.

 

His little Lu had moved on in his absence. Sehun had oh so wrongly expected his cuddly little Han to run right back into his arms. His now ex boyfriend had corrected him quite enthusiastically before he invited him in for tea and some catching up. Sehun was confused by the quick change in behavior but Lu Han always had been strange so he didn’t think anything of it. It was only after Xiumin came rushing down the stairs to greet Han with a sweet ‘Welcome home dear’ and a kiss that Sehun understood Lu was trying to drive his point home.

 

After floundering for words for several seconds and tugging on Lu Han’s shirt sleeve like an impatient child Sehun managed to force out a loud, “You’re dating the bun?!”

 

Eventually, Lu Han was able to calm Sehun down enough to sit him down at the kitchen table and talk to him about the things he’d missed. He explained as nicely as he could that Sehun had left him right before he’d needed him most and that Xiumin had supported him in Sehun’s place.  Sehun almost let loose on Han for saying he’d been replaceable so bluntly but he backed down after seeing the tears shimmering just at the corners of Lu Han’s eyes. After giving Lu a moment to get his thoughts back in order he interrogated the blonde about who was and was not still around and what they were up to.

 

“Kris?”

 

“Moved away with Yixing. Started a family a few years ago in San Francisco.”

 

“Baekhyun?”

 

“Got with Chanyeol, they’ve been together for about three years now.”

 

“But Chanyeol’s-“

 

“Baek knows.”

 

“Okay…Suho?”

 

“Met someone through Jongin.”

 

“Our age?”

 

“Yep.”

 

“That’s weird.”

 

“You can’t tell.”

 

“Taemin?”

 

“Married. Two kids.”

 

“Whoa.”

 

“Yeah.”

 

“Jongin?”

 

“Runs a tattoo shop in town. Pretty nice place, lives on top of it.”

 

“He still with Kyungsoo?”

 

“Sehun…Kyungsoo passed away almost two years ago.”

 


 

Very, very short prologue just to give Sehun a brief introduction. Hopefully I'll be able to update this fairly regularly :3