Final | That Winter, The Wind Blows

That Winter, The Wind Blows

As i continue to sit on the soft grass, people around me started leaving. I remained at my spot. Its about time for sunset, yet people are leaving. Dont they know that sunset are the most beautiful thing ever? A moment of chilly wind blew pass, making my hair flow the opposite direction where it came from. I pushed it behind my ear, making a sudden flashback appeared.

Flashback

"Oppa! Pailli or else we will miss the sunset!"

"Give me a minute!"

I pouted as he rushed down the stairs. He quickly pecked me on my lips before rushing to the door.

"Yah! Didnt you say to be faster?"

I quickly put on my sneakers and went out with him. 

Arriving at the place where we first met, we sat down on the very spot were we came in contact.

While waiting, the wind blew pass us, making my hair flow the opposite direction. He smiled at me, pushing my hair behind my ear as i blushed.

The most awaited moment arrived. It is winter time, and it started snowing too. I watched as the snow came in contact with the ground with the sunset as a background. It seems so beautiful, so perfect, like that time.

"Omo...oppa, its snowing!"

"Yeah, isnt it beautiful?"

"Nae..."

I smiled.

"But you are more beautiful than this."

I felt a blush crept up my cheeks. 

My hand landed on the spot he sat. But he isnt there. It is empty. Tears silently rolled down my cheeks, making me let out a silent sob. He used to be here with me, but now...he is gone.

"Shut up! I dont wanna hear you!" He screamed.

"Why...? Why did this happened?" i cried.

"Dont ask me! It is you! You are the one that caused this!" He screamed again.

"Oppa..." I cried as he slam the door shut behind him.

I buried my face into my hands. It isnt my fault. My cousin came over that time. He claimed that his girlfriend broke up with him. I only tried to comfort him. By hugging him. But he thought i was cheating on him.

"Why cant you let me explain?" I asked. The street was abandon by now.

"I dont think there is anything for you to say. You already did it." He replied. With a hint of coldness in it.

"Oppa---"

"Dont call me that."

"D-Did you believe me before?" I asked as i awaited for his answer.

"I did...not." I felt myself crying again.

A woman approached from behind, backhugging him.

"Oppa, who is she?" She asked.

"She is my old friend, Miyoung-ah." He said, looking directly into my eyes.

I dried my tears, forcing a smile.

"Annyeonghasayo. Kang Sung Jo imnida. You must be his girlfriend?"

"Nae. We have been dating for six months."

My heart shattered into million pieces. Six months ago, i met him.

"Chinjia? Looks like Himchan finally settled on one girlfriend." I teased. "Its late. I should get going, annyeong."

I walked away, as if walking out of his life.

I got up from the spot and walked away from the area where i met him. I bumped into someone accidently. 

"Omona! Sung Jo-sshi? Is that you?"

I spun around.

"Omo, arent you Miyoung-sshi? What are you doing here?"

"I met up with my boyfriend here." She said while smiling.

"Ah, Himchannie?"

"Aniyo, he broke up with me already. Saying he had to find someone." She replied. A man came up to her.

"Ah, Sung Jo-sshi, this is my boyfriend, Bang Yongguk." She said.

I introduced myself. If Yongguk-sshi is her boyfriend then...where is Himchan?

I walked towards the road. Part of me hoped that the person Himchan is finding was me. But the other part of me wished that it isnt me. Without looking, my wrist bumped into a wall nearby. The beads of the bracelet fell onto the ground. Andwae...the bracelet was the only thing that reminds me of Himchan.

"Wait! Sung Jo-sshi!" Miyoung run towards me.

"I forgotten to tell you. Himchan is dating Lauren, his first love now. I think so. So, dont wait for him. He aint going to come back for you."

That one sentence, changed my life. We met on a winter day. We broke up there too. And now...i found out the person he loved isnt me too. 

That Winter, the happiest day yet also the saddiest day in my life, The Wind Blows.