You are my everything

Home Is Where You Are

       Chunji has been there for as long as you remember. He was with you through your ups and downs, and he’s seen sides of you that you never show to anyone. He was the one who comforted you when your first boyfriend broke your heart.

 

~Flashback~

       “Hey baby doll, how’s my girl doing?” L.Joe said, picking you up and twirling you around.

       You laughed as he spun you, making you feel breathless and giddy. L.Joe was a wonderful boyfriend, and he was the one who made you more social. You grew up in a family with parents who were away at work. You met L.Joe in school, and it took months before you finally opened up to him and you started dating two months later.

       “Great,” you replied, giving him a kiss.

       “I love you, _____,” L.Joe said.

       But things never stay good for long. L.Joe received a job acceptance letter from the U.S., and he left, promising to call and write. The months went by without so much as a single call. You fell into a deep depression after that. Chunji was the one who pulled you out of your depression and made you happy again.

~End flashback~

 

       L.Joe was a disaster and you didn’t want to repeat your experiences, but you grew addicted to having someone love you. Your next boyfriend was Changjo. You met him in a coffee shop, where you worked as a barista.

 

~Flashback~

       “Uhm, can I get an earl grey latte with a shot of hazelnut syrup?” the guy asked.

       “Sure thing,” you said, giving him a smile.

       That was your first interaction. You found out through the days that he was a frequent customer and that he couldn’t function properly unless he had his morning coffee. He asked you out 2 months later, and you accepted. It wasn’t long until you found out Changjo was a clingy abusive boyfriend. He took out his frustrations from work on you. After getting sent to the hospital after he hit you a little too hard, you broke up with him. Chunji was there to pick up pieces and put them back together.

~End Flashabk~

 

       Chunji was there for you every time your boyfriends broke your heart. After your fifth breakup, you decided to never date again, until Chunji unexpectedly kissed you. You were so confused – Chunji always seemed untouchable, but now that he made a move, you would be foolish to turn him down. You two spent two blissful years together.

       But one day, everything changed. Your parents were finally home for once and you were excited to introduce Chunji to them. Chunji had seemed quiet recently, and you hoped this would cheer him up. However, the night ended in disaster. Your parents were confused as to why you were talking about someone who wasn’t there. You started to grow hysterical, frantically telling them that Chunji did exist and why couldn’t they see him? Your parents brought you to the mental institution, but you wouldn’t go without a fight. You went with them kicking and screaming. Chunji was with you the whole time. By the time they got everything settled, Chunji had disappeared.

       You tried to get out of the doctor’s hold, but he held you in a vice-like grip. You were kept in a clean room with a small window and a small bathroom with all the essentials. Chunji reappeared when you settled in. You sobbed in relief, kissing him until he soothed you to an uneasy sleep.

 

       Years passed, and you finally came to terms that Chunji was not real, even though he had felt so real to you. You finally were at peace with yourself. You decided that it didn’t matter where you were – as long as you had Chunji, everything would be fine.

 

 

A/N: Hooray for depressing stories :D Leave a comment and tell me what you think :) As always, thanks for reading <3