Second chance?

Back Together

 

It has been over a month since they have their first real fight. One has been avoiding the other as the other one did the same, too. They were both ignoring each other's precense.

 

If he is lucky enough, he would've met him at some random places in their school and ended up getting nothing from him; but to feel the cold stare the other was giving him. Or sometimes, he just walk pass him, like he is invisible. And these actions of his kind of.. hurting him inside.

 

He didn't know. He didn't know what had happened to him. He didn't know what had happened to their relationship. He didn't know who was right and wrong anymore. He didn't know when and what this fight was about. He didn't know how it started. He didn't-- maybe he should stop denying things.

 

He knew everything.

 

He knew what was going on between them; he just didn't want to admit it. He just...he just could not accept the fact that their relationship was just nothing; they were over. Especially when it ended this way. He hasn't explain everything to him, neither has him. That was the reason why they ended up fighting. He hadn't had the chance to do that.

 

That night, he could hardly keep his eyes closed. It flew open everytime he tried to; he can't keep him off of his mind. He was never that cold to him before, but the way those three hurtful words escaped from his lips and his cold eyes were making him somehow...sad. Yet he's in a state of heartbroken.

 

Let's break up!”

 

He was hurt. He knows that, because that was what he's feeling right now. He was so stupid to have not chased him right away. So stupid. He didn't even reply to any of his texts.

 

Remembering this, he felt kind of bad to him. Why am I so stupid?

 

He has tried so many times to forget him and continued telling himself to just move on. As much as he wanted to, he couldn't. Forgetting him is the hardest thing that he could ever do. Exactly why?

 

The idea of trying to get him out of his life and letting him go just like that were only making it worst; it was hurt to know that his feelings kept growing as time goes by. He acted differently to him compared to others. Knowing this, he feel so dejected, desolated and hurted at the same time. Please...

 

Please give me one chance to make it right?

 

The day of their first meeting kept replaying in his head. His melodic voice that was still ringing in his ears as if he was clicking the replay button over and over again. And his face, his hansome face just stick in his mind like it was glued or something.

 

He smiled remembering their bitter-sweet moments together. His sincere smile never failed making him flustered. There was this one day when one of his best friends told them that they make a good couple, and he found his reaction was cute. How can a guy be so cute?

 

What's this?” he snapped, as his hand made its way up to his cheek.

 

Tears?

 

He laughed. Another one rolled down his cheek, and soon, some more came after. He hugged the photo frame of him and his love that he held in his hands. He had never cried this hard before until this stupid fight of them occurred. Not even when it was the day his parents left him to rest in peace. It's really painful. I guess I must have loved you too much.

 

Chanhee, I miss you.

 

What are you doing? Are you doing fine? He is worrying about him. He has known him for two years and he knows what personality Chanhee has. He is not the one who will forget things easily. He's clumsy enough that he might hurt himself without him knowing. I knew you so well, Chanhee.

 

Is it...possible to make you mine again?

 

Because of my longing for you, I can't breathe. How do you expect me to forget everything about us so easily? And act like nothing had ever happened between us; our relationship, our love?

 

Maybe I should clear things up.

 

I have to fix all these matters between us; I have to get you back.

 

I'll try, just this once.

 

 

The moment the sound of the bell ringing hit his ears, indicating that class was over, he quickly shoved his things inside his bag, not even caring the mess he had created. He got up from his seat and rushed to the door before anyone could. He can't be late. He had planned to confront Chanhee today.

 

He stood near Chanhee's class, leaning against the wall, waiting for Chanhee to finish gathering his things and come out. In a few seconds, he saw Chanhee bid a goodbye for his friend with a smile plastered on his beautiful face. He smiled.

 

Chanhee...”

 

He called. Chanhee stopped, right infront of where the owner of the voice stood, but didn't bother to look at him. When no one talked, he continued walking, only to be stopped again. This time, Byunghun grabbed his wrist as to preventing Chanhee from walking away. He can't let his plan ruined!

 

Chanhee, please...”

 

It has been a while, Chanhee thought. He missed that voice, the voice that can make his heart beat wildly, the pleading voice that was only used to him before, he missed it. But he didn't want to admit. He tried to pull away from the grip, he can't give in so easily, he can't look phathetic infront of him. But in the end, he gave in when he heard that voice that he had missed. Again.

 

They were walking, not talking, not looking at each other. Only accompanied by a comfortable silent and the feeling of long for each other. He smiled secretly, knowing that his first plan to talk to Chanhee succeeded. Chanhee unconciously letting a small smile too, wondering maybe he had the chance on getting him back.

 

After 10 minutes walking, they finally arrived at their destination. It was nice to feel the fresh air that they hadn't been feeling for awhile. The view was still the same like the last time they had seen, it's beautiful. They were at the park, with a water fountain placed somewhere near. Near the fountain was a bench and a big tree, where they used to rest there together. The park, was their secret place.

 

Chanhee wiped the tears that slowly forming in his eyes, turning around so that the person next to him wouldn't see. He missed this place. The place and only place that hold many memories of him and his used to be boyfriend. Today was his first time stepping at the park's ground after their cold war.

 

He knew what Chanhee is feeling. He also noticed when the blonde turned to face somewhere else, when the blonde brought his hands up to his face, only to wipe the tears away. He noticed every single movement Chanhee made. Chanhee's heart is fragile. He wanted to say something but his voice didn't come out.

 

They sat on the bench, still not talking to each other. Only enjoying the feeling of coming back to this place, of each other's precense, while calming their heart that can't stop pounding so hard whenever one's glancing at the other and their eyes met unconditionally. They hadn't felt like this for so long.

 

So...”

 

They looked at each other, after finding that one word left their mouths at the same time. They turned away immediately. “Would...would you like to hear my explaination?” He asked, Chanhee nodded, finally wanting to hear him. He didn't know why the words came out like a whisper, plus the stuttering at the beginning.

 

So...it was like this. When I went to my locker that Tuesday, I spotted a letter. And what it said wasn't so pleasant. It said that you were just playing with me and my feelings and actually hated gays. It also written that you were currently dating someone who is far better than me.

 

I didn't believe it at first, because you're not someone like that, but when I saw you giving a rose to that girl in the library, I started to think that what the letter said was indeed true. I was so angry that time that I went home earlier without telling you. I didn't even anwer your calls and reply your texts. I'm really sorry for that.

 

And the girl that you saw with me was actually my cousin from the States.

 

She also noticed that my mood was not good since the time I came. So, she tried to cheer me up and I didn't even know how we ended up in that position (she was on top of me, on my bed) and at the exact time, you came, saw us and misunderstood us. After that....we b-broke up,” he explained calmly. “I'm sorry, I should've asked you first about the letter.”

 

Chanhee looked confuse as he stared at him for awhile, “Ljoe...” He felt that name was new, that that name had never been said by him until just now. He quickly looked away when he heard the person named Ljoe said something, “Trust me, Chanhee-yaa. I'm not lying.”

 

Chanhee didn't know what to do, so he kept his mouth shut while thinking about what Byunghun had told him. He wanted to believe him, but he found it was hard. When Byunghun sensed the quietness between them, he spoke, telling Chanhee that he wasn't lying.

 

Chanhee's eyes back to look at Byunghun's. “I trust you...” he said quietly. “And I'm sorry,” he added.

 

Byunghun didn't speak, waiting for Chanhee to continue. “I'm sorry...I didn't know you were there that time...but that rose wasn't mine. It was Changjo. He told me to give it to her, she was his long-time crush,” Chanhee explained.

 

This time it was Byunghun's turn to look at Chanhee. They stared at each other, no one could tell what emotion was hidden between their eyes. Byunghun inched closer, completely lost just by looking at those brown orbs. Chanhee didn't know what was happening, so he didn't move.

 

Uhh...”

 

Byunghun came back to his sense when Chanhee moved his hand to Byunghun's shoulder, trying to stop what the other was trying to do. “Sorry,” Byunghun apologized as he pulled away. Chanhee didn't look at him, he was embarrased when he figured out Byunghun was about to kiss him.

 

It's okay.”

 

So...the letter. Wasn't it from you?” Byunghun asked, rubbing the back of his neck. Chanhee was confused. Letter? Since when did he write a letter for Byunghun? He remembered that he wrote one for Byunghun but the content was the opposite; it was filled with love. “No. The last letter I gave you was when your birthday last year,” Chanhee said.

 

If it wasn't you, then who?”

 

I don't know.”

 

W-what?”

 

"I don't know.”

 

Byunghun kept silent. He put the thought aside and took Chanhee's hand as he moved closer next to him. “Ljoe....” Chanhee looked at their intertwined fingers. He tried to pull away but the grip tightened. Byunghun stood up, bringing Chanhee with him. He walked to the tree that was meters away from them.

 

It's still there,” Byunhun said softly. Chanhee too, saw what was craved on the tree but didn't say anything. It was their love message for each other. Byunghun suddenly turned around, facing Chanhee, with their hands still on each other's grasp. “Chanhee...” he called, searching for Chanhee's eyes.

 

Byunghun moved closer. Chanhee felt so warm in Byunghun's embrace. He missed it. “Ljoe, I-- We--” He whispered, pulling away as he looked at Byunghun. Tears welled up in his eyes. Byunghun frowned. “Stop calling me that!” he half-shouted.

 

W-what?”

 

You used to call me by my name. Not that one!”

 

Chanhee couldn't keep his eyes on Byunghun, he was taken aback by his small yelling. “Look at me!” Chanhee didn't want to. He tried to speak up but no words came out. “Look at me!” Byunghun demanded, voice cold and demanding.

 

As much as Chanhee didn't want to, he had to. He didn't want to annoy the other when he was already in this kind of state. Chanhee's tears slid down his cheek but didn't bother to wipe it, there's no time for that. “Call me, Chanhee. Call me,” Byunghun's voice soften, full of hope. He knew what he meant by that.

 

B-Byunghun...”

 

With that, Chanhee was pulled into a tight hug. “I missed you, I really missed you, please.. please stay like this for awhile,” was all that Chanhee heard before he wrapped his hand around Byunghun's waist, and whispered the same thing, while a new fresh tears of joy rolled down his cheek.

 

You know what, Chanhee?” Byunghun asked as they rested under the tree.

 

What?” Byunghun slid his arm around Chanhee's waist and pulled him much closer that he could felt his thigh almost resting on Byunghun's own. “You.”

 

Me?”

 

...are..getting cuter.” he whispered. Seeing Byunghun sending him a wink at the end only make the red colour across his face more visible.

 

You're cheesy.” He rolled his eyes. Now that the Byunghun he knew is back, he would have to live with all the sweet (and cheesy) words of his boyfriend.

 

“That is one of the reason why you love me.” Byunghun tapped his nose lovingly. 

 

Whatever, Byung.”

 

Annoyed Chanhee is the most adorable sight!”

 

Stop with that.” He playfully hit Byunghun's arm.

 

Aww. That hurts!”

 

Bad acting.”

 

Why is my Chanhee so bitter?” he pouted, trying to look all cute.

 

I'm not yours.”

 

But I've claimed you.”

 

What the hell, Byung?”

 

But that's the truth!”

 

Stop with that. Let's go eat, okay? I'm hungry.”

 

You can eat me, if you want.” He wiggled his eyebrows at Chanhee.

 

Whatever nonsense you are talking about. Maybe after this you will stop.” But Byunghun never stop even after his lover's planted a kiss on his cheek. And they continued like that for the next hours.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Was it confusing?