Chapter 1

Lost Girl

 

Tammy sat her sunglasses at the top of her head as she exited her terminal. She had arrived at Gimpo International Airport and looked at the vast beauty of South Korea. Just outside of airport was beautiful already. She was already anticipating what the rest of Korea looks like, knowing that it will be pretty as well.

Taking a taxi from the airport to Seoul, she texted her friend, Park Chaehwan, saying that she had landed safely in South Korea and waited for her friend to reply back to her, but she received nothing back as she reached Seoul. She told the taxi driver to stop by a coffee shop. Paying him, she quickly entered the shop while dragging her luggage as it started to pour.

She bought herself a cup of hot chocolate, not being a big fan of caffeine, and a bagel with strawberry cream cheese. Leaving numerous text messages to Chaehwan, she still never got a reply back as the sky darkened. “Why isn’t she answering my text messages?”

Tammy got her cell phone and dialed Chaehwan’s number. It rang once and said, “I’m sorry. The number you have reached has been disconnected. Please call again later.” Are you freaking kidding me?! How could Chaehwan’s cell phone be disconnected when she just arrived in Korea today and has nowhere to go?

She wasn’t the type to get upset fast, but this was ridiculous. Where was she supposed to spend the night at? She doesn’t know her way around Korea as she-I mention once again- she just landed here from California. Tammy buried her face into her palms as she silently screamed and cursed Chaehwan.

As she was having a mental breakdown, a figure walked into the shop wearing a disguise of big sunglasses and a maroon colored beanie while he sported a navy blue short sleeved cardigan with his signature tan MCM STARK VISETOS backpack with a deer plushy keychain attached to it, which didn’t help him hide his identity at all. But since that coffee was well hidden, not much people were there.

After paying for his cup of Mocha Frappuccino to go, he waited at a table near a girl, who kept knocking her forehead against the table top while chanting “Wae” repeatedly. He stared at her in amusement and chuckled to himself as he needed a laugh from all the stress of preparations for his group’s new album that’s coming out soon. 

“Mocha Frap!” a voice said from the counter with the boy’s order. Luhan smiled as he retrieved his drink and got ready to leave, but then the electricity suddenly went out.

“Omo!” Tammy said as she got her cell phone and used her flashlight app to shine light around the coffee shop. “There’s a blackout and I have nowhere to go.”

The cashier came up to her, “Mianhaeyo miss, but I’ll have to close up the shop.” He bowed his head and went back.

Tammy let out a depressed sigh and lugged her luggage with her out of the coffee shop. Luhan stood in front of the shop, waiting for the pouring rain to lighten up to make his way to the bus stop. Tammy stood next to him and pouted at the gloomy weather. “Otteokke.” She knocked her fist against her head. Her cell phone was going to die soon and had no way to charge it and had no place to stay. She looked at the boy next to her, “Uhh… Excuse me sir.”

Luhan looked at her while sipping his drink, “Mhhhm?”

“Do you know any hotels nearby? I need a place to stay and…” She held out her phone, “my phone is going to die soon.”

“You don’t have a place to stay?” Luhan watched her nod her head sadly. He looked left and right and thought of any possible places, but he was still not familiar with that area of Seoul. “Oh, mianhaeyo, but I don’t.”

“AISH!” Tammy yelled out in frustration, scaring Luhan. She glared at her phone, “Park Chaehwan, when I get in contact with you, you are so dead. You had to leave me stranded once I arrived here in Korea.”

Luhan processed her words into her head. ‘She arrived to Korea today? She has no place to stay?’ “Um…are you okay with just an inn? I live at an inn and I think they’ll have a room for you.”

“Cheolmalyo? Ah kamsamida!” she bowed and gave him a grateful smile.

As the rain took a break, they quickly made their way to the nearest bus stop and wait for the bus. While waiting, they both exchanged names and talked more when they got onto the bus. Seeing that his stop was next, he pressed a button to signal the bus driver to stop soon. He grabbed hold of Tammy’s luggage as he started his way to the backdoor exit.

Tammy followed suit and held his wrist, “Oh... Luhan shi. You don’t have to carry my things. I’m a strong girl.”

He chuckled at her act of flexing her muscles, “It’s okay. Also, my mother always told me to never let a girl carry heavy baggage. It’s always best to be gentleman.” He gave her a smile. Feeling that the bus was about to come to a complete halt, Luhan wrapped a secured arm around Tammy.

Her eyes widened as her face buried into his chest from the force of the bus. His scent of nice cologne filled her nostrils. ‘He smells good.’ She quickly backed away from him and looked up at him. He gave her another heart-stopping smile and nodded his head towards the door. She coughed into her fist and made her way out of the bus with Luhan trailing behind her.

With the help of the moon shining brightly after the showers, they walked up a steep hill. Tammy was very grateful for Luhan offering to carry her luggage as she knew what would happen if she did. They stopped at a building. It seemed like a quiet place and that there were not much people in the area. Luhan led Tammy into the inn he was staying at. He talked with the ahjumma in charge as she had candles lighting up the place from the blackout as Tammy stood by the door with her luggage. By the look on Luhan’s face, she knew she wouldn’t be getting a room.

He looked at her with an apologetic face, “Mianhaeyo Tammy shi.” Even though she was dying inside, she reassured him that it was okay. Feeling guiltier, he offered, “You could stay at my place for the time being.”

Her eyes widened at the offer, “Uh…aniyo. I don’t think it is right for you to offer that.”

She got another shock when he grabbed her hands in his. “Please. It’ll make me feel less guilty for bringing you all the way here to get no room at the inn.”

Before she knew it, Luhan had opened the door to his place. With a motion of his hand, Tammy entered the dark room using the last of her phone’s strength to shine her way. Luhan closed the door and started his search for candles and a box of matches he knew he had, but couldn’t put his finger on it to where they could possibly be.

Finally finding the matches in the messy drawer that the small TV sat on and the candle was seated on a slightly bare bookshelf, he placed the candle in the candle holder and lit it up. “Mian. I can’t find te rest of the candles.” Tammy couldn’t help but let out a giggle, confusing him. “Is something funny?”

Tammy smiled, “You are.”

“Me?!” he squeaked while pointing to himself. He rubbed the back of his neck, “Uh…mian” causing her to let out another laugh.

“You keep saying mianhae when aren’t the one at fault. I’m supposed to say that as you’re letting me, a complete stranger, into your place.”

Luhan gave her a smile of reassurance, “I can’t let a cute girl, especially one that just arrived in Korea, stay out on the streets in a blackout.”

Tammy’s cheeks grew hot. ‘He thinks I’m cute!’

He smiled at her shyness and handed her the candle. “You could change into something comfortable. The bathroom is the door on the left and the bedroom is the other door. You can choose whichever room to change. I’ll just wait here for my turn.” He said as he plopped down onto the couch. Tammy didn’t say anything but nodded her head. After picking a normal t-shirt and pajama bottoms, she entered the bathroom to change.

Coming back, she saw Luhan lying horizontally on the couch, his arms crossed against his chest while his head rested on a pillow with his eyes closed. ‘Is he asleep already? Did I take too long in the bathroom?’ Tammy neared him and placed the candle onto the small table where a lamp sat. The candlelight illuminated the whole living room as it settled in one spot instead of constantly being carried around with. She patted Luhan’s arm, “Luhan shi…” Tammy kept calling his name and shaking him until he stirred awake.

Luhan quickly sat up, “Oh mianhae. I just wanted to rest my eyes, but I guess my body decided otherwise.” He chuckled. He handed his cell phone to her, confusing her. “You could play around with my phone so you won’t be bored and to have light while I take the candle with me.”

Tammy nodded her head and occupied herself as he left her alone. She looked at the phone’s battery life. It was still full. “Hmm… I wonder how he kept his battery life strong.” Then she started doing random things on his phone, including texting herself just to keep his phone number. She smiled as she saved her name on his phone and named him ‘Lulu’ on hers.

Before she could save it, her phone was whipped out of her hands. Luhan stared at the screen and looked at her, “Lulu? Seriously now?”

Grabbing her phone back from him, she pressed saved and put it in her pocket with a red face, luckily he couldn’t see it. “Yeah, so?”

“I should give you a nickname too to put on my phone.” He stared at his phone in amusement, “Or I don’t have to as you named yourself ‘Cute Tammy’ already.” She blushed as he laughed. “It’s a good nickname I guess. It’s true anyway.” Then all was silent. They sat in the oddly lit living room. He abruptly stood up, “I should show you where you would be sleeping.” Luhan led her to his bedroom and pointed to his bed, “You could take the bed.”

“It’s okay if I take the floor. I don’t mind.” Tammy reassured.

Luhan shook his head, “A gentleman doesn’t let a woman sleep on the floor. She must sleep somewhere comfortable.”

“The floor is comfortable.” She refuted, earning a look from her host. She held up her hands in defense, “Araso, araso. I’ll take the bed if you insist.”

Luhan turned away to look for something to eat for the both of them. He smiled to himself, ‘I think I like having a roommate, a very cute roommate…even though it’s just for the night.’

********************************

I'm sorry for not updating. I have internet problems and had to get a new router. Was internet-less for more than 2 weeks T__T

Was sooo bored... but alas! I finally have internet once again! ^^

Hope you like it dongsaeng!!! More to come! :D

COMMENTS ARE LOVED AND PLEASE SUSCRIBE!! <3333