Happy Family.

Family.

 

“Eomma!”

You looked up from washing the dishes and blinked, glancing over your shoulder only to see your daughter standing in the kitchen doorway.

“Hm, Soo In-ah?” You blinked, placing the dish you were holding into the sink.

You watched as you small daughter slowly walked up to you, her small hand reaching up to tug lightly on your shirt. “Are we going to watch the show?”

You grinned, leaning down and capturing your girl in your arms. “It’s not on for another half an hour and appa wants us to wait until he’s home to watch it. Do you think you can wait?”

Soo In smiled happily, nodding before wiggling out of your grasp and running towards the fridge.

You stood up, crossing your arms as you simply watched your baby girl. Sure, she was already four years old but she would always be your baby girl.

She looked so much like her father. She received his beautifully tanned skin and his gorgeous smile.  About the only thing she received from you was your eyes and they just made her look that much more perfect.

You were shaken from your happy gazing when your daughter held up a small bottle of banana milk up to you, the straw in the other hand.

“Aigoo, you can’t do it yourself?” You snickered, taking the straw and simply poking it through the foil lid before handing it back to the little girl.

She smiled happily and looked up at the clock, blinking. “Is it time yet?”

You shook your head. “No, not yet… soon, though. Don’t worry~” You brought your hand down to gently pat your daughter’s head before she ran off.

“Y-Yah, don’t drink while you run!” You yelled and watched as she promptly slowed down to a swift walking speed and turned the corner.

 

How long has it been that you had known Jong In?

You were still young, only at the age of twenty-four.

Yes, you did have your daughter young. But she definitely wasn’t an accident. She was planned for carefully and you were ecstatic at the thought of having a child with no one other than your soul mate.

You had met Jong In when you were eighteen and he was nineteen at one of EXO’s fan meetings.  You weren’t the biggest fan of them but your best friend was a huuuuge fan and asked you to accompany her.

But, you did buy one of their albums. So you might as well have gone in the line to get it signed, right?

And that’s when you met him. That is when you met Kim Jong In, a man that literally meant nothing to you before that moment but once your eyes locked onto eachothers, that was it.

Well, for you, that was it. You were fairly sure that it was just you who was in love. But that didn’t mean you were going to give up, oh no.

You continued to go to every fan sign event that EXO-K held and you would always talk to Kai Jong In, hoping that he would begin to recognize you.

And he did.

After about the fifth time of going to a fan sign you would notice that once you left Jong In to meet with the other members he would look over. His eyes would follow you as you left and you went to go talk to Chanyeol.

You noticed after a while he would talk to you a lot more and would smile more. He was, indeed, really shy and it was something you grew to love about him.

On one of the last days of the fan signings you brought a different EXO-K album for the boys to sign and they all greeted you happily, mocking you for buying yet another one of their albums. But, today’s signing was different. The boys all left messages on their pictures for you that were longer than usual and saying how they’d hope to see you again or how they were certain they’d see you soon.

This time Kai was the last in the line for signing and once you got to him he cutely smiled at you before grasping your album photobook. He lifted the book cutely up to his face, grinning widely as he secretly wrote down on the page.

“See you soon?” He asked while handing you back your album and you were so confused…

… until you left the table and looked down at your book. The boys had all written how pretty you were but they felt like they couldn’t comment on it because you belonged to someone else. Did you? You continued reading, eyeing comments like “we’ll become close” or “we’re going to be best friends!” You didn’t really understand it all.

And then you saw Kai’s page and your eyes widened as you read what he wrote:

“Hello, Sooyeon!

                Yes, I remembered your name. I’ve written it so many times ㅋㅋㅋ You came to every fan sign, you know? Thank you for supporting us! Do you know what I realized, Sooyeon-ah? You’re really pretty. Your smile makes me smile. I noticed you talked to me more than the other members, does that mean you like me? You know, I like you, too. Aish… I feel so lame writing that down… I want to spend time with you, out of the public, so I can talk with you normally. Can we?   

Your eyes were the size of saucers as you read the phone number that was written down in Jong In’s handwriting. You felt like you had died. This is impossible, right?

Two years later, Jong In and you were still going strong. In fact, you were both married. Secretly, of course. Even though the public sort of knew of your relationship it wasn’t made public because SM wouldn’t allow it. It was a bit confusing but you didn’t care.

Now that you were both married and had been together for two years, even though it felt like you were rushing, you really wanted to take the next step and have a child.

It had been a bit hard as Jong In was under stress, as always, from work but you eventually succeeded and became pregnant with a beautiful baby girl named Kim Soo In.

 

You were once again snapped out from your thoughts by your daughter tugging on your shirt. Your eyes went wide and you instantly looked down. “Hm?”

“It’s almost time!” She squealed before running towards the living room of your apartment.

You looked up towards the clock. “Do you not want to wait for your appa, Soo In-ah?!” You asked while walking into the living room only to see your daughter seated right infront of the large TV.

You snickered, grabbing the remote and sitting down on the floor. You reached forward, wrapping your hands around you daughter’s waist before sliding her back and into your lap. “You’ll hurt your eyes if you’re that close.”

Soo In looked up at you with her large eyes. “Sorry, eomma~” She sang and you immediately smiled. “Appa’s gonna be late we should start watching it now or we’ll miss it all!” She shrieked and you nodded.

“Arraso…” You lifted the remote and switched the TV on and the channel was already set to the show you were both about to watch.

MCountdown!

Yes, even though Jong In was already twenty-five years old he still performed with EXO-K and EXO-M. They had become rather famous and it made you so happy. Not only did it make you happy but Soo In also really enjoyed watching her father dance and sing with all of her uncles on TV.

You tilted your head down and watched as you daughter’s face lit up as her uncle Chanyeol appeared on the screen next to Baekhyun as the shows’ hosts. She clapped her hands excitedly and pointed at the screen and you nodded.

It was almost time for EXO-K to perform when you heard someone clear their throat. Both your daughter and you whirled around to see Jong In standing in the doorframe, a large pout on his face.

“You both were going to watch without me?”

“Appaaaaa~!” Soo In squealed and wriggled out of your lap only to run full speed at Jong In with her arms spread, fingers wiggling.

“My Soo Innieeee~” He sang back to her, crouching down only to have her crash into his chest. He chuckled loudly, falling back onto his while his arms wrapped around his daughter.

You bit down on your lip, trying to hold back the smile that might’ve ripped your face. It was seriously such a cute sight that it hurt.

The three of you perked up as you heard the intro to EXO’s new song and Jong In instantly stood up, daughter in hands, and rushed over to you before plopping down on the floor and crossing his legs.

You peered over at Jong In from the corner of your eyes as he and Soo In both watched the TV.

“Ah, ah! Look at your appa, Soo In-ah~ Isn’t he cool?” He asked, pointing up at the screen like a child. Your daughter nodded in agreement, chanting ‘so cool’ as her father appeared on TV.

Jong In blinked, noticing how quiet you were being. He turned his head, eyes catching yours staring at him. His smile softened as he gazed back at you before leaning over, planting his lips on yours in a chaste kiss. “Aren’t I cool, Sooyeon?”

You grinned, nodding as you reached over to your daughter and held one of her small hands.

“Jong In jjang~!”

“Appa jjang~!”

“Aigooooo…”