One.

I Wanted You [On Hiatus]

---------

"Ringgg!" The alarm clock rang. Eunkyung rubbed her eyes groggily. Forcing herself out of bed, she looked into the mirror.

"Aish. Stupid chicken pox. Now there are scars on my face and made me miss the first day of school. I really wanted to see my new classmates and I suppose they played ice breaker games without me." She grumbled as she lifted her bangs.

Eunkyung sighed and went to wash up.

It was a brand new year and already, her mood, or rather her face, was "ruined".

She knew most of the people in her school already, but she did not talk to them in the previous two years.

She stepped into the large school, and kind of got lost as she did not know where her new class was.

After wandering around, Eunkyung finally saw some familiar faces.

"Jieun!" Eunkyung beamed.

"Hey girl you're back! We are classmates by the way if you didn't know." Jieun, one of Eunkyung's classmate from the previous year winked.

"I know that! Show me the way to our class please~" Eunkyung smiled.

"Sure thing!" Jieun giggled and held Eunkyung's hand and they chatted about random stuff.

--

"There's this guy called Kim Jongin in our class, but he preferred other people to call him Kai. He's in track & field and he's hot!" Jieun smiled dreamily.

"Wow second day of school and you fell in love with him?" Eunkyung teased. She kind of knew him as he was in the class beside hers last year.

"He's hot all right, but he's not my cup of tea~" Jieun stuck out her tongue.

"Then he must be your cup of coffee then, since you like coffee and dislike tea!" Eunkyung laughed and ran away, with Jieun running after her.

They stopped running when they were near their class. They laughed at each other and stepped into the class.

"Wow daebak, I only know 4 people in our class." Eunkyung muttered.

Just then, two teachers walked into our class.

She recognised the tall female teacher as Teacher Shin who had taught her Literature previously and Teacher Park, the slightly shorter male teacher who had taught her Biology.

*My two favourite teachers! How lucky!* Eunkyung smiled to herself.

One of her classmates said, "Hey there, you must be Eunkyung! You're supposed to sit beside me!" She smiled cheerfully.

Eunkyung nodded and returned the smile.

"I'm Rina by the way. Nice to meet you, and get well soon!" She beamed brightly and Eunkyung said, "Thanks, I've recovered, just that there are ugly scars all over me." She pouted and Rina giggled. "You're adorable."

"Err.. Thanks I guess." Eunkyung said uncertainly.

"Okay class. I'm going to change your sitting arrangements. Before that, let's welcome Eunkyung, a part of our family to come up and introduce herself." Teacher Shin clapped her hands and smiled.

Eunkyung stood up and went to the front of the classroom.

"Erm hi everyone, I'm Lee Eunkyung and I've recovered so please don't be afraid to approach me." She smiled and the whole class erupted into laughter.

"Okay, please return to your seat, Eunkyung. Okay so, Lee Minji, please come to the front first. You too." Teacher Shin instructed and soon everyone were standing up and moving around.

"Eunkyung, you're going to sit beside Jongin." Teacher Park pointed to the empty seat beside the said male.

Eunkyung gulped as Kai turned to look at her. *He's really hot.* Her cheeks slightly reddened.

"Eyyy, you don't have to be shy you know. Well I understand that it's not an everyday chance you can sit with a hot guy. I understand." Kai smirked.

"I'm not shy and please, you're not exactly hot." Eunkyung attempted to roll her eyes.

Kai chuckled and suddenly said softly, "Poor little thing. Chicken pox huh? I must say you're kinda pretty until you got chicken pox. Pew. All prettiness gone!"

"Jerk. I don't even know you that well." Eunkyung muttered angrily.

Kai's face fell for a moment and then said, "Somebody is angry~ I'm sorry Kyungie, please forgive me." Kai pouted with puppy eyes.

Eunkyung ignored him and soon, it was History.

The teacher, Teacher Lim, asked the class to form groups of 4 by turning around to discuss about what they know about the history of Korea and that every group would take turns presenting it to the class.

Eunkyung faced two guys. "Erm hi." She said awkwardly.

One of the guys smiled while the other guy just ignored her and put his head on his table. The smiling guy introduced himself as Jiho and the cold guy as Junho.

Kai seemed frustrated. " Yah, stop flirting and concentrate on this. I thought you were active on twitter and now you're so quiet." He rolled his eyes.

Eunkyung closed her eyes for a second and clenched her fist tightly. "I'm. So. Sorry. But I'm not sorry."

"Whatever. Jiho, you do this." Kai carelessly pushed the vanguard sheet towards Jiho.

Based on how knowledgeable he was, Eunkyung assumed that Jiho was a genius, and he turned out to be one.

Kai put out his fist. Eunkyung stared at him. "What."

Kai pretended to be hurt. " I was just trying to bump fists with you as a form of treaty. Hais, I'm so sad."

Eunkyung was shocked for a moment then smirked and knocked her fist against his. "Alright then. Let's work in peace." They shook hands and that was the end of the day.

Students were released early and Eunkyung made the effort to talk to the rest of her classmates and remember their names. Waving to her new friend, she walked to the classroom currently beside hers and waited for her two best friends, Aejea and Yoosun.

"How was your first day of school-" "-and your second day in school without me?" Eunkyung said cheekily.

"I missed you, to be honest." Aejea said. "Me too!" Yoosun chirpped. Eunkyung laughed. "I miss my two best friends too~ let's go get some ice cream!" "Neh!" They chorused in unison.

They laughed crazily and skipped towards the ice cream parlour opposite their school.