One

Magic in the night

 

It's a little past nine when Yixing walks through the park gates. It's eerily quiet and the night breeze makes him shiver. He walks down a pathway and can't help but look suspiciously at the tall trees that form an arch above him, he feels like something may come out and pounce on him; he immediately shrugs the thought away, not wanting to give himself unnecessary fear.
Yixing scowls as he thinks of Jongin and Chanyeol; his housemates and best friends. He mutters something about strangling a certain tanned boy and a tall freak, before he walks to the nearest bench and sits down carefully, as if afraid the bench would break under his weight.

The park is completely empty and the only audible sound Yixing hears is the sound of a cat mewling on the bench next to his. He takes a look at the cat and quickly looks away; it's a black cat and it reminds Yixing of the witchcraft tales Jongin told him just two nights before; he knows they're not real but Jongin makes them sound so believable, Yixing can't help but feel a tinge of fear.

Yixing shudders, recalling the most recent story Jongin shared when they were all hanging out in his room; Yixing had learnt that night that everything started with a "You look like you're alone" or a "Would you like some company".

Just when Yixing is about to start remembering more of Jongin's stories, he hears a voice and he immediately freezes.

"You look like you're alone." The voice is deep and smooth, pleasant to the ears, but Yixing is far too frightened to notice. He pulls his knees up against his chest, eyes closed, and starts chanting a series of  "please don't hurt me" and "you don't see me".

Yixing only opens his eyes again when he feels the bench sink a little lower. Yixing turns a little to look at the male who has conveniently seated himself on the bench next to him and Yixing notes that the male's hair is a nice shade of brown, his eyes are nicely curved at the edges and Yixing marvels at his beauty; but the cat lets out a purr and Yixing reminds himself not to let his guard down, even if Jongin's stories are a little more than absurd.

"Are you alright there?" Yixing snaps out of his thoughts and gives a subtle nod.

"Y-yeah. I'm sorry about earlier. It's just, I'm out here alone and it's pretty scary. The park's really quiet and creepy and I can't go home." Yixing mentally slaps himself and regrets he ever said anything. Why the hell would you tell him, you idiot? What if he offers to take you home or maybe drags you home by force and starts chanting some weird spell, Zhang Yixing you idiot-

"I'm sorry?" Yixing snaps out of his thoughts as the other speaks and he presses a palm against his mouth; it's not the first time he has spoken his thoughts aloud and to say he's embarrassed is an understatement.

"I-uh...I'm sorry?" Yixing offers with hesitation, deciding not to say anything more that would make him seem any less intelligent; the guy probably already thinks he's mentally challenged.

The other male smiles; the most dazzling smile Yixing has ever seen, and Yixing is once again drawn in by his perfection, his mouth wide open adn eyes dazed. How could someone like that exist; Yixing thinks that maybe it's  the work of witchcraft and is beginning to suspect that Jongin's stories are real after all.

"Oh right, I believe I've not introduced myself." The other male has his hand outstretched and his head tilted to a side, his lips pulled upwards into a smirk. "I'm Kris Wu. It's nice to meet you."

"I'm Zhang Yixing. Pleasure to meet you..." Yixing trails off and looks down at the outstretched hand hesitantly. "You're not going to zap me off to somewhere once I shake your hand are you?" Yixing questions and Kris's brows knit together, a hint of amusement on his face.

"Zap you off-" Kris repeats before he furrows his brows in confusion. "Where have you been hearing these ridiculous things from? And no, my intentions are harmless...for now." Kris whispers, hoping the last part goes unheard but Yixing has marvelous hearing (Jongin has observed that it's really selective hearing on Yixing's part because Yixing's always pretending to be deaf when Jongin demands food from him) and he doesn't miss it, much to Kris's dismay.

"My housemates have been scaring me with stories the past few nights and they locked me out of the house tonight." Yixing pauses and wonders if he should mention that he's heard Kris's last few words. He decides that he might as well just throw it into his sentence. " I heard that by the way..." Yixing mutters under his breath, throwing a cautious look at the stunningly handsome male beside him. Kris flushes but the evidece of embarassment leaves as quickly as it had come. 

A moment of silence passes between the two but oddly it isn't awkward. In fact it's a comfortable silence and Yixing thinks he's actually taken a liking to Kris though they've just met. Because he's sure as hell that he's never been this comfortable with anyone else other than Jongin and Chanyeol; it's the first time he feels at ease with a complete stranger.

"What are you doing out at this time then?" Yixing blurts out of curiosity and he doesn't miss the small smile on Kris's face.

"I just had this feeling that something good will happen to me if I came to the park. And so here I am." Kris replies with a confident smirk that makes Yixing want to kiss the life out of him; but he controls himself for the sake of not scaring the man.

"Was that a pick up line?" Yixing asks, a blush slowly colouring his face.

"Maybe, maybe not. It depends." Kris answers, clearly aware of the effect he has on Yixing.

"Depends on?" Yixing presses on, and Kris eyes him under his long alluring lashes.

"It depends on which way you roll." Kris answers and allows himself to smirk while Yixing lets realization sink in.

"You're gay!" Yixing exclaims albeit accusingly and Kris shrugs.

"Everyone is, to a certain extent." He replies with a smug look while Yixing continues gapes at him, mouth wide open and ready to catch some flies.

"I don't-" Yixing starts but trails off when Kris brings his face closer.

Their faces are so close, Yixing can feel the cool breath Kris lets out when he speaks. "Are you nervous?" Kris's voice comes out in a whisper.

Yixing closes his eyes and chooses not to answer because he is indeed nervous and he can't think of any intelligent thing to say; he knows whatever he says would come out staggered and incomprehensible.

Kris pulls back slowly and assesses Yixing's expression  before a knowing smile creeps back on his face.

"You're gay too." He deadpans and Yixing looks horrified at Kris's observation.

"I-I'm not." Yixing knows it's useless to argue because Kris is probably right, but for the sake of his man pride, he tries anyway.

"You're nervous." Kris states before he presses his left ear against Yixing's chest. "See? Your heart's beating fast."

Yixing in a breath and wills his heart to calm. "That doesn't have anything to do with the topic at hand." He manages to say.

"Maybe not entirely. But your heart's beating fast, for me." Kris replies with a cheeky grin and Yixing curses his frenzied heart.

Yixing knows it's stupid but he's beginning to suspect that maybe Kris is right and he's actually really falling for the guy. It doesn't make sense to him how though, since they've just met but Kris is right, his heart has been beating erratically and it's all because of him.  Yixing tells himself that it could be because Kris is stunningly handsome and his eyes are extremely captivating.

Yixing doesn't notice himself leaning in but Kris does, and he shifts himself so that he's closer to Yixing. He wraps an arm around Yixing's nape and Yixing doesn't even have the time to protest before he feels Kris's plump lips pressed up against his own. Yixing's heart goes into a roller coaster frenzy and his eyes are squeezed shut. He shudders when he feels the tip of Kris's tongue glide against his bottom lip and just when he thinks he's going to faint from the irregular beating of his heart, Kris pulls away.

"You're gay alright." Kris says matter-of-factly and Yixing feels his heart sink; one would expect a romantic statement right after a kiss wouldn't they?

"You reacted to the kiss." Kris starts again and Yixing can't help but sigh audibly causing Kris to raise a brow.

"What's wrong?" He questions as he snakes an arm around Yixing's shoulder and Yixing shifts away with a frown. "Don't touch me." he says and Kris pouts.

"Why're you suddenly so pissy, princess?" Yixing visibly blushes at the nickname Kris has given him but he turns his attention back to glaring at Kris. "Because you're a jerk."

Kris's eyes widen at first but then he smiles and leans forward to plant a kiss on Yixing's cheek and smile victoriously when Yixing blushes again.

"We may have just met but I can tell that you're going to be someone really important to me. Something about you attracts me and I've not been so interested in anyone for a long time now. I like you, Yixing. I hope we'd get to know each other better."

Yixing dies a little inside at Kris's words. He can feel a blush forming on his cheeks and suddenly there seems to be a bright light outlining Kris's form; Kris is a total angel. Yixing feels his heart beat speed up and he inwardly curses because it's the third time it has happened. He gulps as he feels Kris's palm against his chest. Yixing supposes Kris was trying to feel his heart beat, because before he knows it, Kris has his ear against Yixing's chest and Yixing has to bite harshly on his bottom lip to prevent a whimper from escaping.

"Don't bite your lip, I want to do that." Kris says as he pulls back and started intently at Yixing's lip. Yixing knows what's going to come and he half wishes it happens but at the same time hopes it doesn't because his heart can't take anymore excitement.

Kris locks eyes with Yixing and carefully leans forward, tilting his head to align his lips with Yixing's. When their lips finally meet, they twist together and Yixing has his fingers knotted in Kris's hair, pulling Kris closer to him. He throws all caution to the wind and lets out all his pent up frustrations in their foreign kiss.

 Kris's lips feel different from all his previous boyfriends' ones. Kris has a certain 'taste' that Yixing actually feels he can get used to; it's a little minty but sweet at the same time. Yixing decides that Kris's lips are highly addictive and he doesn't want to stop kissing Kris; but they stop eventually because of the need to breath.

Kris sighs deeply and stares right into Yixing's eyes and Yixing feels a wave of emotions run through him.

"You casted a spell on me didn't you?" Yixing says in between pants and Kris chuckles loudly, throwing his head back as he holds his stomach to stop the ache

When he finally stops laughing he stares right back into Yixing's black orbs and Yixing is a little intimidated by the sudden seriousness.

"I didn't cast a spell on you. But I think I will now." Kris says with all the seriousness he has and Yixing doesn't even have the time to react before Kris has his hands wrapped around Yixing's petite waistline; the small gap between them immediately disappearing as their lips are once again pressed together.

Yixing lets out a low mewl as Kris's tongue pokes against his cavern and the heat causes him to flush. He tries his best to ignore the sweat beads forming on his forehead (despite being the clean freak he usually was) and concentrates on rolling his tongue against Kris's. Kris leans forward and carefully pushes Yixing down so that his back is on the bench and he shifts so that he's on top of Yixing; Yixing groans a little at the weight on him. Their tongues continue to twist and turn passionately and their saliva continues to mix but just as Kris's hand starts to roam under Yixing's shirt, Yixing sits up abruptly and Kris lands on the ground with a thud.

"What was that for?" Kris grumbles as soon as he's up on his feet and rubbing his bottom.

"Y-you went too fast." Yixing says simply and Kris opens his mouth wide in understanding.

"I'm sorry. I got too carried away I guess." He mutters with a shrug before adding in a "it's your fault for being too irresistible anyway"

Yixing reddens at Kris's indirect confession and Kris smirks at him knowingly before he sets his down on the bench next to Yixing again.

Yixing turns to him with eyes b with question and Kris finds himself amused. "What?"

"What spell did you cast on me? You said you were going to."

Kris sniggers at the look on Yixing's face before he smirks handsomely again. "Why don't you guess?"

Yixing sighs with a shrug. "I'm not a genius, I wouldn't know."

Kris raises a brow before he slides next to Yixing so that their shoulders touch and he places two fingers under Yixing's chin, forcing Yixing to look him in the eye. "It's called the "fall in love with me" spell." He mutters before he gently presses his lips against Yixing's.

In between kisses, Yixing mutters a "I think the spell worked", before he moves his lips with Kris's, the both of them in complete synchronization.

The night breeze continues to blow and the trees stir, but Yixing doesn't find the park half as eery anymore; because he has his own wizard by his side.