Cold Paint

THE Paint!

 

I led my team of best friends through the halls of the production studio for B.A.P's newest photoshoot. Entering through a side door, we found our mirrors already set up and placed our make up bags down next to them. I heard a group of people approaching and turned around to see the idol group themselves, along with their manager and other important people.
 
"Psst, you guys!" I got my team's attention and we all turned around.
 
"Sera! Lacey! Jenna!" The manager called out, recognizing us from when we helped them out with their 'Warrior' concept. We grinned and bowed, greeting them in return. "So! You know what the plan is, right? You've consulted with the photographers and directors?"
 
"Yes, we have." I replied, "We're ready whenever the boys are." I grinned slightly as the boys looked up with sleepy eyes. Only the leader seemed fully awake; Zelo and Jongup were leaning heavily on each other, and the others weren't faring much better...
 
The director clapped his hands and the boys all became lively, standing at attention. "Well then! Let's get started!" He and his crew left to another part of the studio to start setting up the stage and I motioned for the boys to come on over.
 
"Okay!" I started my announcement with an excited tone, glancing to my friends before continuing. "Yongguk oppa and Daehyun oppa. You two will be in my chair this time!" They exchanged glances that seemed like silent challenges with each other. I ignored it, moving on.
 
"Himchan oppa and Jongup oppa, you get to be in Lacey's chair." Lacey whipped her head around, staring at me with agape for a split second before facing the guys with a semi-forced smile. I smirked evilly on the inside, knowing what her heart must be going through right now... 
 
"And lastly, Youngjae oppa and Zelo ah, you will be in Jenna's chair!" I watched as everyone moved to their respective spots and nodded, satisfied with the pairings. "First, we have clothes set up on the rack for you. Please go change and report back here." They all ran off to get dressed and my team huddled up. "Okay, we're going to have to hustle today, since we're down two team mates; Kohaku & Beth are off doing who-knows-what on a Big Bang set." They nodded in understanding, grinning slighty at our maknaes' obsession with that group.
 
Just then, the boys came back, all dressed up in black and white. They went to their respective make up artists' chairs. This blacklight photo shoot was going to be fun.
 
"I'm first." Yongguk said, staring Daehyun down seriously.
 
"No, I am." He countered, with the same expression. I sighed; they'd done this for 'Warrior' too... I should've known.
 
"Guys. Let's flip a coin or something." They looked at me and finally agreed. I flipped the coin and Yongguk won, making him the one to go first. As he made himself comfortable I turned to the paints on my table. As I put things together, I also put on my professional face. I couldn't let my attraction to these boys get to me and make me mess up.
 
I started on Yongguk's face, applying the base coats and eyeliner. When that was complete I took a deep breath and grabbed the bright yellow paint and faced BAP's leader and for the first time that day, my heart started beating quickly. He smiled at me and my breath caught in my throat. I shook my head to clear it, dipping the brush into the paint and placing it against his face. He jumped slightly, so I pulled the brush away.
 
"What is it?"
 
"The paint's cold!" He laughed. I grinned and put the brush down, dipping my finger into the paint.
 
"Maybe this will help..?" I painted the rest of his face with my fingers, probably just imagining the light blush on his cheeks. I did his hands next and completed his look by spashing some paint onto his outfit. "Okay, you're done~" I told him with a small smile. His eyes met mine and I had a hard time breathing again. I blinked, looking away and blushing intensely. "Um, Daehyun oppa, I'm going to go check on the others, then I'll come back and take care of you, okay?"
 
"Sure~" He smiled and I nodded, my blush still not going away.
 
Heading over to Lacey, I noticed she was having some trouble and grinned evilly. I leaned down and whispered into her ear, "It's okay Lacey, it's just Jongup! It's just body paint! Geez, if you can't hold the brush without shaking, just paint with your fingers!" Her eyes widened in horror and she actually even dropped her brush. I laughed, please with my work; I walked away, leaving behind a confused boy and a girl with cherry red cheeks.
 
Jenna was having troubles, only because Zelo kept saying things to make her laugh, distracting her from her work. I met their eyes with a raised eyebrow, making them snap back to work. I nodded, returning to my chair to find Daehyun sitting there alone.
 
"Where did Yongguk oppa go?" I asked, curious.
 
"Ah, the director called him away to talk about stuff." He said, happy to have it be just the two of us. I nodded and turned to my paints, picking up the green.
 
I cleared my throat, trying to seem calm. "Um, may I see your left arm, please?" He extended his arm and I started swirling the paint over his biceps with my fingers. He watched me intently the whole time and I could feel the blush creeping into my face. I got down to his wrist and was about to start on his hand when he suddenly he flipped his hand and grabbed mine. I brought my eyes up to meet his in surprise, stunned to find his face so close.
 
"What are you blushing for~?" He grinned as my eyes widened slightly.
 
I blinked a few times before opening my mouth to answer. "U-um... You're staring at me. That's why."
 
"Well, that's because I can't take my eyes off of you." He winked and I lost it. I couldn't breathe and I practically froze up. He took advantage of that, looking around to make sure no one was watching, before leaning in and kissing my lips quickly. My body reacted and I kissed him back for a few seconds before pulling away.
 
"Someone could see us..." I said in a quiet voice, looking down and picking up my next bottle of paint. He grinned, but nodded his lips. I continued painting Daehyun in silence. He had a triumphant air about him and as I finished his arms I pinched him slightly.
 
"Ow! Hey, what was that for?!" The others looked over at the two of us and I stuck my tongue out at him. 
 
"For kissing me without my permission!" I hissed quietly in his ear. Out of the corner of my eye I saw goosebumps rise on his arms slightly and grinned. "Though the kiss was very, very nice..." He blushed looking away. I laughed lightly and and patted his head. "You're free to go now."
 
~_~_~_~
I giggled and watched the door swing shut behind Lacey as she ran from the room, leaving a confused Jongup to walk towards us. By the time he reached us I was laughing too hard to stop easily. I somehow got myself under control by the time he stood next to us and I patted his shoulder lightly. "What'd you say to that poor girl~? She was already nervous enough because she likes you so much." I grinned even wider as his eyebrows disappeared beneath his bangs.
 
"She... She likes me?? REALLY?!"
 
I nodded, glancing around at the others who were also nodding in agreement. We could all see it. It was just these two who were oblivious to it; like Jenna and Zelo were towards each other. Was it really so hard to believe that they could be loved by another person? I sighed before turning around to my table and surveying the mess.
 
"Boys, you're all done. You can go to your photoshoot now." I told them. They all stood together and thanked Jenna and I for our help before leaving the room.
 
"Oh no! I forgot to put paint on Zelo's face!!!" Jenna yelped in horror.
 
"Well, go! Quickly!" I replied as she grabbed a paint can or two and ran off in search of the maknae. I didn't really feel like cleaning up yet and grinned, deciding to go check on my tortured friend.
 
~_~_~_~
I grinned and shook my head as I walked into the bathroom, seeing Lacey there. "Let me see it. Moontos said he painted you, too." I kneeled down next to her and pulled her hands forcefully away from her face, revealing a cute little heart painted on her cheek. I chuckled lightly as she looked down, not meeting my eyes. "That's cute. I told you he likes you too!" I told her as I pulled her up to her feet and poked at her cheeks a little. "Well come on, the shoot for the paint is over. We need to clean up our messes and put the paint away."
 
As we left the bathroom, we hadn't even really made it two steps before Jenna appeared, her eyes alight with excitement and her face flushed. She squealed almost incoherently, "Zelo kissed my cheek!" I raised my eyebrows in surprise and grinned, linking arms with her and dragging her back to the studio to clean up.
 
~_~_~_~
We finally finished cleaning up just as Lacey came in, finally calm. 
 
"I'm going to go check on the photo shoot's progress. I'll be back in a bit." I told them, walking off. I entered the room to find Daehyun posing waaaay too ily for me to continue to watch. But I couldn't take my eyes off of him. He finished his pictures and finally met my eyes. He grinned and walked over to me as Youngjae started his set.
 
"How's it going? I thought you would be leaving as soon as you were done getting us ready." His eyes were alight with some kind of cute mischief.
 
I shook my head, "No, We still need to consult the director; tomorrow we'll be helping out with your video shoot, as well..." His moved closer and nodded. I took a step back and he followed, keeping this up all the way to the wall. 
 
"Good... that means I get to see you tomorrow..." He had me pressed against a wall behind a large prop. It was dark and I could see his painted body glowing subtlely. Putting both hands on the wall, he leaned his face in closer to mine. I breathed in his scent, feeling adrenaline run through me as I reached forward and brought his face to mine to kiss him. He was surprised but responded with a smirk, kissing me back until we were both out of breath.
 
He pulled away and met my eyes. "See you tomorrow..." He winked before walking away to watch Youngjae's shoot. I left the room dizzily but quickly. That Jung Daehyun... He would be the death of me...