Episode 1

LIFE Season 1: EXO-K and Models

EXO-K Dorms 
2:34 PM (Korean Time)
Mission Card

<< There's a knock at the door! >>

Baekhyun: Who is it?
*dorm door opens and Baekhyun stares confusingly at the camera*

Baekhyun: What is this? Are we on a show? 
The crew doesn't speak and one of the staff members hand him a mission card. Baekhyun takes it before Sehun can get to it.

Sehun: *comes beside Baekhyun* Hyung, what is this?

Baekhyun: *shrugs and bows to the staff* You guys can come in! 

<< Keke, the members have no idea what's in store for them >>

*The camera travels into the dorm right away and takes and view of the place. The place is messy, clothes everywhere, and Kai is sleeping on the couch but opens his eyes right away at the camera crew's arrival. Chanyeol is playing video games, while D.O. and Suho are busy cooking a small dinner. Sehun and Baekhyun come into the small living room.*

Baekhyun: Guys! Come here! 
*D.O. and Suho walk in from the kitchen*

Suho: What is it?

Kai: Wah! A mission card?

Chanyeol: *comes and leans in closer to Baekhyun* Open it, hyung!

Baekhyun: *rips apart envelope and reads* Hello! You, EXO-K, are going to be starring the new variety show, LIFE! You will be creating new relationships with six other female ulzzangs...

 

<< At the same time with gathering of models/ulzzangs >>

Su Jeong: *skims through* ... and will be taking care of a child soon enough! Please report to the tvN building at 6:00 PM. Be prepared!

Ah Ri: *surprised look on face* Really?! *grabs letter from Su Jeong*

Hae Byeol: Who's that? EXO-K?

Su Min: It's one of those rookie boy groups, new relationships? I thought we weren't allowed to date?
*all six girls turn their heads to the staff*

Staff Member: Information will be given when you go to the meeting. 

Seuk Hye: We meet them at the meeting?

Staff Member: You'll find out.

Shin Yeong: Yah, but aren't they kind of young? *skeptically looks at the others* 

Su Jeong: It's fine, they must like noonas! Who do you like from EXO-K?

Ah Ri: I don't know.... Never really looked them up.

Shin Yeong: I like Chanyeol! Keke, do you think I'll end up with him?

Hae Byeol: Don't know them, but lets get ready, shall we?

Su Min: But, Su Jeong unni! I've never dated before!

Su Jeong: *laughs* You'll be fine. 

<< tvN Building: Let's go interview them, shall we? >>

Su Min: To be honest, even if we don't get a lot of attention like kpop stars, we aren't allowed to date.

Suho: Publicly dating, I never thought our company would accept this...

Seuk Hye: But, if we're dating for just 3 days and 4 nights, and we're meeting for the first time. Of course I'm nervous!
Staff: Because you might fall in love?
Seuk Hye: No way! 

<< Can these stars, fall in love? >>
<< Spending 3 days, and 4 nights on Jeju Island, escaping from busy schedules >>
<< Not as stars, but as romanticists >>
<< Let's meet them, one by one >>

tvN Building 6:00 PM
1st Female Romanticist, 7th Floor

Ah Ri: *sees camera crew* Oh, hello! *bows*
Staff Member: Sit down! We'll begin our interview in a moment.

Who's your ideal type?

Well, I really like guys with eye smiles. I would have to say Junho from 2PM because he's very cute, but very masculine as well.  Because I haven't seen him outside of work, I've done quite a few shoots with him, he's really cute and cool in variety shows and on stage. *laughs* And, I don't know any of the EXO-K members so they are still a mystery to me. 

What do you want to do in the show?

Meet people. I like to think myself as a social person. Who knows? Maybe I'll just meet my ideal type! And if I really loved someone, I would want to reveal that. 

 

2nd Female Romanticist

Su Min: Hello! *waves to camera*

What did you think first when you knew that you were going to become part of LIFE?

I came here thinking, 'let's start dating!' *laughs* To be honest, I'm one of the oldest out of us models, but I don't think I've dated since high school. I think I can fall in love. I'm really happy!

What is your ideal type?

I like a man who is good with kids and family, who can openly date me, and of course treat me well. I don't think it matters with age, as long as we love each other. Oh, I sound so cheesy! If he were an oppa, I'd be okay with that too.

3rd Female Romanticist

What do you think of being in LIFE?

I just recently became a model for a clothing company, so I'm still kind of a 'rookie' compared to the other unnis. I'm still really young, so I'm still wondering why I was chosen for this. 

What is your ideal type?

I like an oppa, who can be very cute. I'm still pretty young for my age so if I became a noona to one of the members it would be kind of awkward, but who knows? Maybe someone like, Taemin-shi? I'm wondering what the members are like. I feel like I'm going to create a scandal or something *laughs*

4th Female Romanticist

What is your ideal type?

I like someone who can lead me. He has to be kind-hearted and funny. I'm really into literature so it would be nice if he read books or enjoys things that I do. 

So, are you interested in anyone?

There's no one I've really 'fallen' for or liked. There is Onew, who once had a photoshoot with me, he's a really nice oppa. Other than that, there's really no one. There have been a few times I've met male idols, but they aren't really my style. I hope I can fall in love too!

5th Female Romanticist

What do you think about 'falling in love'?

I've never really met anyone. It's lonely, but I know someone will show up in my life. I want to experience that in my life, and I think this show can really help me with that. Please treat me well!

What is your ideal type?

Hmm, well, I don't really know. Someone with a nice smile? They can take care of me, make me laugh, stuff like that. I really like manly men. As I said earlier, I like Chanyeol from EXO-K. *smiles wide* Can you pair me up with him? *laughs*

6th Female Romanticist

What do you want to do in this show?

I want to fall in love, honestly. *laughs* That's what this show is, right? I also want to get to know my unnis and dongsaengs, because we've only been working together for a few weeks. I also want to meet some guys, younger or older. There's so much. But, what did the mission card say, a baby? I'm expecting that too! Haha ^^

What is your ideal type?

Someone with personality. Rather than handsome looks, I like someone with handsome personality, if that makes sense. I also want a man that can really make me laugh with a nice smile. That's the kind of man I want.

<< Girls Meeting! >>

*All the girls enter and sit in their own seats, three on each side. They look at each other with excitement as a staff member sits in front of the table, a projecter screen placed behind him.*

Staff: Hello girls! So, who debuted first, as a model? Seuk Hye-shi, am I correct?

Ah Ri: Yeh, she's an unni.

Staff: Is she also the oldest one?

Su Jeong: No, sadly. *covers head* 
*All the girls laugh before turning their attention to the staff member*

Staff: Well, you guys are the first to be on a show called LIFE. What's the first step in a relationship? Dating. You will be dating the EXO-K members in the first part of the show, "The Romantic and Idol". 

All: Wah! *claps*

Staff: For your three days and four nights in Jeju, your managers and stylists are prohibited. So, you'll be doing your own makeup and taking care of yourselves. 

Shin Yeong: I can't do this *laughs* I'm doing it all on my own?

Su Min: *laughs also* Unnis will help you!

Han Byeol: I'm dying out of curiousty. I can't wait to meet the guys!

Su Jeong: Me too! *faces to staff member* Can I ask you a question?

Staff: *nods*

Su Jeong: I'm pretty sure there all very young, but are there any older guys?

Shin Yeong: I wanted to ask that too!

Staff: I can tell you the oldest one was born in 1991.

Seuk Hye: Unni, he's younger than you!

Su Jeong: That's what I prefer! I don't really care. *laughs*

Su Min: Yeah, maybe they like older women!

Han Byeol: As long as we date. 
*everyone laughs*

Staff: Wow, the girls and the guys seem to be enjoying this!

Ah Ri: Are they in the same building as us?

<< The girls are curious of what the members will be like! Let's go meet them! >>

tvN Building 7:00 PM
1st Male Romanticist, 9th Floor

How do you feel, being on LIFE?

Our members usually talk about the shows we would like to be on, and I would always say, "We Got Married" or "The Romantic and Idol" as some of the shows. But, they disagree. *smiles* It's been a very long time since I had a girlfriend, maybe kindergarten *laughs* I'm really nervous, really. I don't know what my first impression will be like. My members say I usually have a 'poker' face on, and it looks like I'm uninterested.

Is there a girl group member you would like to date?

There is none at the moment.

What is your ideal type?

I like a kind woman. It doesn't matter if it's a noona or not, but if I were with a noona it would be more comfortable. She would be neat, tidy, and bubbly! I like someone like Miranda Kerr. She once came to Korea but I didn't get to see her :(

2nd Male Romanticist

What do you think about LIFE?

I'm really really nervous *laughs* I'm scared the search engines are going to go crazy. I think it's a good way for me to meet people because EXO is really busy with promotions that we don't have time to date.

A message to the fans:

I'm going to start dating now, please don't be mad at me! I hope that you can cheer for me and accept my choices. That's what I wish for! (:

What is your ideal type?

I like someone who is cute, sincere, and smiles a lot! She also would laugh a lot and enjoy my jokes. Celebrity-wise, I like Scarlett Johansson because she's pretty. I hope I can meet someone like that while dating here. 

3rd Male Romanticist

What will you be expecting here on LIFE?

The girls *laughs* But really, I was SO surprised that our company let us, a rookie group, on this show. It's really amazing. I think the members will learn a lot here. I don't have much experience in dating so I think I'll be pretty awkward, so I'll try my best!  The members and I don't know many ulzzangs so we're very curious.

What is your ideal type?

I really like girls with long, straight hair. If she likes reading and literature, she would be closer to my ideal type. Sitting on the window, tucking her hair gently behind her ear while reading a book, I like that kind of scene. 

4th Male Romanticist

What do you think of dating during this show?

I think it will be fun. I do get lonely sometimes when we're in our own rooms at the dorm. During that time, I think to myself a lot. After becoming an idol, dating seems scary to me, but to get this kind of opportunity is good. 

What is your ideal type?

I like those who are gentle and affectionate. They aren't very loud and care for others a lot. *laughs* I like Han Yeseul. She's very pretty, don't you think so? Yeh, she's my ideal type.

5th Male Romanticist

What do you think of dating?

I like it. I mean, I haven't dated for a long time, but the feeling of love is really nice. I want to be in a comfortable and supportive relationship with the person I like. I can't believe someone would think of a show like this, really *laughs* I just can't wait to find someone I like. N-shi said it really makes your heart flutter. I looked up some ulzzangs and I really seem to like Park Hwan Hui. Is she part of it?

What is your ideal type?

I like a woman full of charms. I like girls who go well with jeans, and have a nice figure ^^. It's okay if she doesn't like to read. I like reading, but it doesn't have to be up to that extent. She also would have the same sense of humor as myself.

6th Male Romanticist

What would you do with the girl you liked?

Hmm, there are many things. I would sing to her, cook for her, maybe dance? Like the other members, I haven't dated much. We could go to games, play around with the other members. I don't know, do things a couple would do?

I'm nervous for all of this, what if no one liked me, right? I'm really curious on who's who. 

What is your ideal type?

I like a girl that is warm-hearted. Also, no matter what she is eating, she must be happy while eating it. She doesn't need to know how to cook because I can cook for her. I'm really into singing and other hobbies so it would be nice if she could enjoy the same things.

<< Back to the girl meeting! >>

Staff: Compared to a movie, this is going to be more of a romantic love story. During these three nights and four days, it would be nice for all of you to create a beautiful love story, even more romantic than a movie. On the fantasy island, Jeju.

Ah Ri: Really? Your not lying, are you? I've been there for a photoshoot and the place is absolutely gorgeous.

Su Jeong: I can't wait!

Staff: To create a romantic couple, we are going to use the couple selection method.

>> Couple Selection Method
-- each person chooses something 
-- if they both choose the same thing, they will be able to date! <33

*The girls laugh out of giddiness*

Staff: *laughs* Are you that excited?

Han Byeol: It's just, I've never dated before!

Seuk Hye: But I'm curious about something.

Staff: Yes?

Seuk Hye: If it all goes well, what happens when we meet the person that chose the same thing as us?

Su Min: Can we exchange phone numbers? *chuckles*

<< Guy Meeting! >>

Baekhyun: This is a program where we get to date, what happens in the end?

Chanyeol: *jokingly* Of course, you go and get married!
*All the guys laugh*

Staff: You do get married.

Suho: What?! Are you serious?

Staff: Not in real life! You will be on "We Got Married".

Sehun: Really? Wow!

Staff: That is why it is called LIFE.

Kai: Do we get to kiss her in the end? *laughs*

Staff: You guys are asking such silly questions! 

Staff: We've prepared six meetings of fate you see in movies and dramas. You will have your first meeting of destiny with the woman who chooses the same thing as you.

<< First Meeting: Couple Selection >>

  1. Meeting in the Cinema
  2. Meeting in the Subway
  3. Meeting in the Crowd
  4. Meeting at the Pedestrian Crossing
  5. Meeting at the Namsan Stairs
  6. Meeting in an Art Gallery

 

Suho: Wah, what do we choose?

D.O.: These are all so cheesy!

Baekhyun: Suho hyung, choose first!

Suho: I choose...

<< Girl Meeting! >>

Su Jeong: Ah, there are so many choices! But I want to do the cinema one!

Ah Ri: I like the Namsam stairs!

Su Min: The art gallery?

Han Byeol: I like the crowd one.

Shin Yeong: Subway!

Seuk Hye: I'm stuck with the pedestrian crossing, but I don't have to kiss like they did in the movie, right? Haha.



<< authors commentary >>

Hello guys! Sorry for taking so long! So, this is my first time doing something like this, so please comment on what you think! This basically was just introductions. Tomorrow I will be starting the meetings after you guys vote. First of all, I need all of your help! In this show, the viewers can decide whos with who! So, I'll be putting polls down there! 

Please be honest! For the ones with two, PLEASE write in the comments which one you picked!