Preparations

Look At Me

Look at Me

Taemin is humming for himself as he stands in front of the kitchen table, dressed in a white apron and his hair tied back to a bun on the top of his head. A soft smile can be seen on his plump lips as his dark brown eyes glances down at a small and cute looking cooking book. Key happily lent it to him, when he explained what he wanted to try making.

Tomorrow is February the 14th, and the South Korean super star is preparing a gift to the one girl who was able to capture his heart. His smile grows bigger, and he finds himself smiling. Taemin exhales deeply as he tries to calm his nerves down. It is his first time making chocolate from scratch, so he bought a lot of ingredients incase he´d mess up. If he let his nerves take over like just now, he know he´ll need everything he bought. Luckily, the nearby convenience store is open 24/7 as well.

Taemin has known her for about six months by now. They met at a sunny, hot, summer day by chance. He was feeling dizzy to the point of almost fainting because of the heat and the fact that he had to wear a lot of clothes to cover up his identity. That was when she approached him with a worried smile on her pale lips, handing him an ice cold drink.

“Are you alright?” She asked him.

Taemin remember looking up at her, being surprised over that there still exist people who´d worry over a complete stranger, a stranger dressed in suspicious clothes, in this era. Their eyes met and he still can recall how his hart skipped a beat. They say that eyes are the mirror of the soul, and if that´s true, Taemin thought that this girl must be very gentle, and a bit mysterious, judging by her bright yellow-ish colored eyes.

And he was right: she is a person who worries about everyone but herself and he can seldom understand what´s on her mind. However, when she worries and cares about him, Taemin feels like he´s the only person on Earth. He also realized that he gets jealous if she worries about someone else, even though it´s a fellow SHINee member. He wants her to look at him only, so bad.

Taemin prepares the chocolate while thinking of her. A strange, and bitter smell starts to linger in the kitchen. Eyes widen, as he tries to figure out what went wrong. The chocolate is really dark, and solid, and falls apart as he tries to taste a small piece of it. A sigh leaves his lips.

The sound of the door opening makes him flinch. It´s Key.

“Wow, what´s that smell!?” He says loudly, as he takes of his jacket and hat.

Taemin tries to hide the chocolate behind him, but Key´s eyes are as keen as ever.

“I told you to pick the easiest recipe, didn´t I? Taemin-ah, you have chocolate on your nose.” Key complains, as he reaches out to wipe it away for the younger man. “Don´t stay up too late, kay? You know tomorrow will be a long day for us.”

Taemin nods. Their schedule is always hectic at Valentines. “Yeah, I´m soon done.”

“… Yeah.” Key replies, as he eyes Taemin´s messed up chocolate once more. He is well aware that Taemin won´t be able to redo it quickly.  “You better hide it too when you´re done, because you know how Jonghyun is. If he sees it, he´ll think it´s for him and eat it all by himself.”

Taemin´s smile fades as his hyung leaves. I won´t be able to confess my feelings like this… he thinks, as he glances at his chocolate that looks more like piles of dry mud. He can´t give her this kind of chocolate, it´d be such a half-assed gift and he´s sure she wouldn´t take his feelings seriously. Taemin sits down, and rests his head in his hands as he leans over the table in defeat. After a while of doubting himself, Taemin decides that he´ll try pouring his feelings into the chocolate, and try making it one last time. He will confess tomorrow no matter what. With or without edible chocolate.

He wonder, how she´ll react, when he opens up his heart to her and tells her that the only sunflower he needs, is her.