The Truth ( 진실 )

Begin Again ( 다시 시작 )

A/N: Hi, its Authornim. Hope you'll like this story. Its based on your p.o.v (Kim HaNa) . I apologise in advance for any grammatical error. Do comment and subscribe :) Thank you.

Do listen to this, it really goes with the song. Begin Again - Taylor Swift

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMPEd8m79Hw

 

 

 

 

Begin Again ( 다시 시작 )

 

 

 

This is it. I push the door open. A wide smile spreads across my face as i quietly tiptoe to the counter.

 

 

 

"Excuse miss, can i get some brownies with a cherry on top of it."

 

 

 

I said, deeping my voice, making it sound like a male. 

 

 

 

"I'm sorry sir but we--. Oh my god, Kim HaNa is that you?!"

 

"One and only."

 

 

 

I burst out laughing at her slow reaction. Typical Shin Ah, my one and only best friend. I hop over the counter and pull her in for a tight hug. 

 

 

 

"Oh my god HaNa, you have no idea how much i miss you!"

 

"Me too. And you have no idea how much i had to suffer over at States. It was exhausting!"

 

"I just, can't believe you're back! Its been, lets see.. Two years woman! I have so much to tell you! Did you know that Minhyun has been looking all over for you?!"

 

 

 

I pull away from the hug and frown at her. She scratches her neck awkwardly when she realises what she said. I brought my head down, bitting my lips. She pats my back and pulls me in for another hug. 

 

 

 

"Sorry, i didn't mean to remind you of what happen before."

 

"Its okay Shin Ah, i'm over it. "

 

 

 

Suddenly, she pulls me away and grab onto my wrists, pulling me out of the cafe. I was taken aback by her sudden actions but then broke into a laughing fit when i realize where we're heading to. 

 

 

Han River, where we start our friendship. 

 

 

 

"Its been so long!"

 

"Yes, you missed out alot!"

 

"What did i missed?"

 

"That!"

 

 

 

I follow her fingers, pointing to a water fountain. My eyes widen as i start running towards it, leaving her behind. 

 

 

 

"Yah! Wait for me!"

 

 

 

Halfway there, my feet comes to a stop as i stare at a figure standing in front of the fountain, holding onto a coin and throwing into the fountain. He looks sad. And familiar... Too familiar.  

 

 

 

"Hana, come on lets go!"

 

"Wait."

 

"Why?"

 

 

 

My eyes widen when the figure lift his head, giving me a clearer view. Its him. 

 

 

Hwang Minhyun

 

 

Fate is playing a trick on me again.  I shift my gaze onto Shin Ah as my eyes widen when i saw that look on her face. That mischevious grin. 

 

 

 

"Hyunnie-ah!"

 

 

 

 

 

 

"Oh, Shin Ah-shi. Annyeong."

 

"Look who i have here!"

 

 

 

Mental note, kill Shin Ah later. Taking in a huge amount of breath, i walk towards them with wide smile plastered on my face. No way am i letting him ruin my mood now, i just came back for goodness sake. 

 

 

 

"Its been a long time, Hwang Minhyun. "

 

"K-kim HaNa?"

 

 

 

We stare into each others eye, forgetting about Shin Ah's existence. 

 

 

 

"I guess i'll leave you two alone now. I'll call you HaNa!"

 

 

 

No movement is made, no word comes out. Just silence surrounding us. Awkward silence. 

 

 

 

"I miss you HaNa.."

 

"..."

 

"I'm sorry."

 

"Forget it Minhyun, we're history. I gotta go."

 

"Please. Don't!"

 

 

 

Before i can take another step away, a hand grip onto my arms. With all the strength, i yank it away. Only to be pull, into a hug. This warm embrace that i've been longing for. 

 

 

 

'This is wrong.'

 

 

 

I struggle out of his grip, but to no avail. He's too strong. Or has gotten to strong, whatever. Tears starts swelling up in my eyes as i punch his chest, letting out all the emotions thats been inside of me for too long. 

 

 

 

"I loved you. So much. But you didn't felt the same way. It hurts so much Minhyun, you played with me. You played with my feelings. You said you felt the same way. But you cheated on me. You cheated on me! I hate you Hwang Minhyun. I hate you! Let me go!"

 

"Listen to me HaNa..."

 

"No! Let me go!"

 

"They set me up!"

 

 

 

I stop punching as i stood there, in his embrace. Frozen. Slowly, i lift my head, meeting his eyes. 

 

 

 

"W-who?"

"SooJung and the others, she hates you. She wants you to leave. She plan all of this. And i can't believe you fell for it. I thought you would trust me more than her."

 

 

 

My eyes widen at the truth. Guilty written all over me as i stood there still frozen, digesting the words. Slowly, i lift my hands up, wrapping it around his waist, tightening the hug. 

 

 

 

"I-i-i… I’m sorry. I d-didn't know. I'm really sorry.."

"Its okay, all that matters now is you're here now.. With me.”

 

 

 

He lift me by the chin and planted a gentle kiss on my temple. A tear fell off my eyes as i pull away and cup his cheeks, staring into his breathtaking eyes.

 

 

"I really love you Minhyun. I always have."

"I love you too HaNa, and i always will."

 

 

 

With that, he crushes my lips onto mine. Slowly responding to the kiss, we move in sync as we deepen the kiss. Not caring about anything else. Just us. We pull away, resting my forehead against his as we pant for air.

 

 

 

"Can't believe that wish i made actually came true, in a blink of an eye."

 

"What are you talking about?"

 

 

 

His lips curves upwards into a wide smile as he grab onto my cold hands, slipping his fingers into between mine, gripping it tightly. 

 

 

 

"Just now, I threw my lucky penny into the fountain, wishing you would come back to me."

 

"Minhyun…”

 

"Its okay HaNa. Its okay, i love you.. Lets just forget about it and move on.. Lets, just begin again."

 

 

I stare into those chocolate-brown eyes as a smile crept onto my face. I nod my head as I once again, get into his warm embrace, snuggling into his chest and inhaling his scent. Oh how I miss this feeling. Two years and our love just keeps getting stronger.

 

 

 

'They say, if you love someone, let it go. If it comes back to you, its yours forever. If it doesn’t...

Then it was never meant to be.'