You're like Magic

Magic

 

Suengri stood off to the side of the club’s small stage, his hands in his pockets. The crowd was teeming with dancers, packed tight enough that no one seemed to notice members of Big Bang scattered throughout the floor.

            It had been Jiyong’s idea to go to some club and test the maknae. The rules of his game were for every one of his own songs Seungri sang on stage, he had to freestyle another song. If the song was no good, he had to continue; if it succeeded, he could go dance with the pretty girls. Everyone else thought that this was the perfect way to gear their maknae up for his upcoming solo album, even managing to rope Choice 37 in to DJ and further harass him.

Needless to say, the usually cocky maknae was at a loss, having already used up the only three songs he’d written so far for VVIP. By the look that Jiyong was giving him from the dance floor, he’d have to keep freestyling anyway. Seungri sighed.

“Yo VI, you can’t keep stalling forever man,” Choice called from behind him.

“I know! I just…I’m out of inspiration,” Seungri replied, scratching his head.

“Look man, there’s a whole sea of ladies out there, that’s all the inspiration you need!” Choice said with a laugh.

Seungri rested his hand on the back of his neck and scanned the crowd, avoiding Jiyong’s teasing grin and his other hyungs who looked like they were having a much better time than him.

Except for Youngbae. The dancer was leaning against a pillar towards the front of the club, watching the maknae squirm, apparently.

Seungri gave a pout in his hyung’s direction, causing Youngbae to laugh and look away, shaking his head. Seungri chuckled as well and said to Choice over his shoulder, “Give me something with a light beat.”

“You find a girl already VI?”

“Ehh, not exactly,” he replied, tilting his chin up and sticking his tongue out. Youngbae laughed again and reached out a thumbs down.

“Alright then, let’s hit it,” Choice started up some music, talking to Seungri at first so he could get used to the tune and beat.

“Damn! You check out shorty over there,” he said, looking at a girl dancing alone somewhere ahead of Youngbae. When Seungri didn’t reply, his eyes still on his laughing hyung, Choice continued, “Ayo, VI!”

“What up?” Seungri replied, not turning around.

“Yo, you gotta go step up to her man.”

“I don’t know,” Seungri said, glancing back.

“Don’t give me that,” Choice said, shaking his head.

“What you want me to do?”

“Let her know”

Youngbae flipped his thumb up and Seungri smiled, and began to sing.

 

“Oh baby I know we don’t have a tight bond

These feelings you gave me, I want to repay you

 

I can see your eyes

I don’t know your name

I just need you now

I’ve been wanting

 

Oh oh oh whoa oh, oh whoa, you so hot

Oh oh oh whoa oh, oh whoa, she’s like magic”

 

“Yo Choice,” Seungri said, trying to cover up for almost letting “he” slip instead of “She.” He blamed it on his not so perfect English.

 

Luckily Choice didn’t seem to notice. He gave Seungri a look and said,” Word magic? What, you David Copperfield or something?”

“Ahh, come on,” Seungri breathed, a bit relieved.

“She’s just feeling you a little bit man”

“Alright, watch this,” he turned back, his eyes catching Youngbae’s once again, then setting on the girl.

 

“Oh baby, I think we were born to meet

My difficulty now is caused by the hot fire of your wants

 

I can see your eyes

I don’t know your name

I just need you now

I’ve been wanting

 

Oh oh oh whoa oh, oh whoa, you so hot

Oh oh oh whoa oh, oh whoa, she’s like magic”

 

“Choice,” he threw back more confidently this time; no slipups. Choice took a look at the girl, who was dancing oblivious to what he’d assumed were Seungri’s advances, and decided to take charge.

 

“Alright, alright hold up, check it shorty.

My man VI got something special to say to you

You ready to break it down now?”

 

He directed this last part to Seungri, who straightened up and put on a serious face. “Okay,” he said, keeping his eyes locked with Youngbae, who’s face was suddenly unsure. “Let’s go”

 

“I’m sorry, I’ll talk to you from my heart

I know your teasing is what made me mad

But everyone’s welcome”

 

He finished, throwing his arm out to point straight to his hyung. Choice grinned, not even seeing Youngbae from his angle, his gaze focused on the girl who was now smiling coyly at Seungri.

“Alright man, I think she finally got you!” he said to Seungri, but Seungri wasn’t listening.  He sang a simple “Yeah Yeah Yeah yea-ey-yea-yeah.” His grin was gone by now, as he refused to break eye contact with his hyung. Youngbae stared up at his maknae, unable to look away from his sudden intense stare. He shook his head finally, and looked away with a sarcastic condescending look. Seungri could see though, right before he turned away, the smile on his hyung’s face. He smiled and continued.

 

“I can see your eyes

I don’t know your name

I just need you now

 

We’re like magic”

 

He finished to a round of applause. Jiyong hopped on stage and grabbed Seungri around the neck.

“Now that’s a track! Good work maknae, go have fun now!” he said, pulling Seungri down. Seungri laughed, struggling from his grasp.

“I will,” he said, jumping off the stage and hurrying towards the pillar.