No Other

No Other - white day fic

Sungmin’s POV

Woah! It’s March 14 already!

I thought to myself while checking the calendar.  I went out of our room to go to the bathroom to freshen up. We still have a tight schedule ahead today so I don’t know if Eunhyuk will be able to keep his promise. Well, it’s not like I am really expecting him to bake. Actually I’d be amazed if he even remembers that today is White Day so even if he just give me a small bar of white chocolate, I’d be happy.

_________________________________________________

 

 

Eunhyuk’s POV

When I woke up, Sungmin was not beside me.

He must have woken up early.

I went out of the room and saw him already eating breakfast. He saw me and he stood up to go to me. I wrapped my arms around his waist while he kissed me on the cheek.

“Go freshen up, Hyuk, after that go join me for breakfast. I made pancakes.” He said.

“Sure, Sungmin, and thanks for the breakfast” I said before going to the bathroom. When I finished, I went to the dining area to eat breakfast. Sungmin was still there and he was staring at me intently. Feeling a little self-conscious, I asked.

“Is there something on my face, Minnie?”

“No. There’s nothing on your face. I… was just wondering if you know what day it is today.” He said while looking at me expectantly.

“Today? It’s… Thursday, right?”Sungmin immediately looked sad and disappointed.

“Oh… I guess you forgot huh? That’s ok, I wasn’t really expecting anything anyway” He said before he got up and went to our room.

I sat there, just blinking. I was racking my brains for what I could have forgotten about today when Ryeowook, who saw the whole thing said to me.

“It’s March 14, Eunhyuk hyung. It’s white day today”

I smacked my forehead. How could I have forgotten! Oh sh-! Now what am I supposed to do? I also have a schedule today. Wait… I’m gonna finish earlier than Sungmin today, maybe it could still work. I’m going to need help for my plan to work. I decided to call Ms. Takahisa to ask her a favor. I went out of the dorm to make sure Sungmin wouldn’t hear.

“Hello, Snow Princess Bakery, how may I be of service today?” A cheerful voice greeted me from the other line.

“Hello, Ms. Takahisa?” I asked hesitantly

“Oh! Eunhyuk! Are you going to order a cake?”

“Uhm… no. Actually, I was going to ask a favor, Ms. Takahisa. Uhm… can I reserve your bakery for tonight? It’s… Uhm… for Sungmin…”

“Sure, do you want me to decorate the place for you too?”

“Wow! You’ll do that? That would be a great help! Oh… Uhm… I actually need to ask another thing, Ms. Takahisa. Can you teach me how to bake a Strawberry Shortcake?”

“His favorite huh? Sure thing, Eunhyuk. By the way, what time will you need the place?

“Hmm… about 11 pm, would that be fine?”

“No problem, but if you are thinking of a romantic dinner, you are going to need a chef because the people here only know how to bake.”

“How did you… Nevermind that Ms. Takahisa, I got that covered. Thank you again.” I hung up.

I can’t believe it’s going well. Now all I have to do is convince Ryeowook to become the chef and come up with a plan to lure Sungmin to the bakery.

I went back inside the dorm and looked for Ryeowook. I saw him went to his room. Perfect! I could talk to him privately there. I went to his room. Once I was inside I locked the door behind me and immediately told him my request as soon I was sure no one is around.

“Of course, hyung, I’d love to help out.” Ryeowook said quietly. “And judging by the way you are acting and how you locked the door means this is a surprise huh?” he continued still whispering. I nodded.

“You figured it out. Thank you for doing this, Ryeowook. Here, take this and buy the ingredients you’ll need then go to the Snow Princess Bakery. We’ll do the surprise there. Can you also convince the others who don’t have schedules to help out in decorating the place too? And also tell them to keep this a secret to you-know-who”

“Sure, no problem, hyung”

“Oh! One last thing. Can you…” *whispers something into Ryeowook’s ear*

“Yeah, sure”

“I owe you big time, Ryeowook. Thank you. Well, I need to go to my schedule. I guess I’ll just see you later then.”

And off I go to my schedule.

_________________________________________________

 

 

Sungmin’s POV

I know I said I won’t expect anything but I can’t help but feel disappointed. I mean, I can’t believe he actually forgot what day it is today! *sigh* who am I kidding? Of course, I was expecting something. I wouldn’t be disappointed if I weren’t. I just assumed that he’ll do something for me too because I had the luxury to do so on Valentine’s. But I also know that he will be busy today too so he probably doesn’t have time to come up with something. Still, I want him to at least reply in some way.

Well, I just hope I wasn’t as affected as I feel. I mean, I don’t want this measly thing to affect my work. I still need to be bright as usual so the others won’t notice especially the fans. I especially don’t want Eunhyuk to notice. I don’t want to make him feel guilty just because he forgot. He was so understanding of me before so I would be understanding of him now. We were both just busy today that’s why he forgot.

 

Sometime in the evening

 

It was already dark when I arrived at our dorm building. I went to our dorm room but noticed a note stuck to the door. It read.

“Min, we went out to get food and locked the door. We couldn’t leave the key because you were not here yet. Just wait for us at the Snow Princess Bakery. We’ll just fetch you from there. Signed, SuJu”

They left the dorm at this hour? Oh well, I guess I’ll go to the Snow Princess Bakery then. I don’t want to wait outside the dorm room anyway. Besides, talking to Ms. Takahisa might help me feel better.

 

As soon as I was outside, I felt like someone was watching me. I looked around and saw no one. Hmm… must be my imagination. I walked towards the bakery but I still can’t shake the feeling that I’m being watched. After a few minutes, I was standing outside the Snow Princess Bakery. I noticed that it was dark inside. Are they closed already? Just when I thought about leaving, a familiar female voice called out to me.

“Sungmin? You should go in. It’s cold out here.” Ms. Takahisa said. She was standing a few feet behind me.

“Ms. Takahisa? Why are you out here? Shouldn’t you be inside? And why is it dark? Are you already closed?”

“I… just fetched something. Well, stop idling there and just go in. All your questions will be answered when you enter that door.” She said. I hesitated again. I looked at her again then back to the door. Finally, I pushed the door open. It was dark inside but then some light lit up, dimly lighting the room and revealing Eunhyuk in the middle of the cleared up room. I was about to ask what this is all about when a song started and he started dancing and singing to the song. It was our song, No Other.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SnMoDDbEccE

To say I was shocked was an understatement. I was completely blown away. I didn’t expect this. I listened more attentively as he sang the chorus. His eyes were on me and I could see that he was putting his feelings into the song and I can’t help feeling like I’ve fallen in love with him all over again. I was so happy at the moment that my tears are about to fall.

Nearing the end of the song I saw him go into a corner and get something. He placed it behind him so that I wouldn’t see what it is. He then approached me. He stopped in front of me then he knelt down and presented the bouquet of pink carnation flowers he had hidden behind his back. By this time, I couldn’t hold back my tears anymore and I cried. He must’ve been so shocked because he quickly got up and ask me what was wrong.

“Minnie, why are you crying? Didn’t you like the flowers? Did I do something wrong? You don’t like my surprise?” I can see he was already panicking. I cupped his cheeks to make him look at me.

“I am not upset, ok? I am just so happy that’s why I’m crying. I didn’t expect you’d do something like this. I thought you forgot about today.” I said before letting his face go. He wiped away the tears on my face.

“Come on, my surprise isn’t finished yet.” He took my hand and gently led me towards another corner where a table for two was set. He helped me take my seat before he sat down himself. I saw a small bell on my side of the table. He saw me eyeing the bell.

“Go ahead. Ring it.” I rang the small bell. Just then, Donghae and Kyuhyun, acting as waiters, went out out of the kitchen followed by Ryeowook who looks like a chef. Donghae and Kyuhyun gave us our food.

“Tonight’s special is this magnificent Fettuccini Alfredo made by yours truly with some garlic bread made by the wonderful owner of this bakery. I will come back later with your dessert. Until then, Enjoy!” Ryeowook said. Then the three went back to kitchen.

“You actually got them to agree to these?” I asked him. He just shrugged.

We started eating then. We were silent but it was comfortable. After a while though, I got really curious and decided to ask.

“How did you do all these, Hyuk? I know you also have a schedule today. And just this morning, I thought you forgot what it is today.”

“Well, to be honest I did actually forget until someone reminded me. And yeah, we were both busy but I had help. After what you did for Valentine’s, I knew I had to give a proper reply so even if I was busy, I would definitely make some time for this. For you.” He said while looking at me intently. I could feel my tears welling up again. Aish… I’m turning into a mushy helpless romantic because of him.

I blinked back the tears and continued on eating, feeling very happy and contented to have such a wonderful boyfriend like him. We finished our food. He reached for the bell and gave it a ring. Again, the trio went out of the kitchen, this time, to take away our plates and bring the dessert.

“This strawberry shortcake is made by, none other than, Eunhyuk-ssi. Enjoy.” Ryeowook said. Then the trio went to the kitchen again.

“Wow! You made this?! Amazing! You even baked me a cake!”

“Well, I did what I could. I had a lot of help from Ms. Takahisa though.”

“Hey, don’t worry about it. I had a lot of help from her too when I made your cake.”

“oh… shall we try this then?” I nodded in reply and happily dug in to the cake.

“Mmmm… This is really good, Eunhyuk. You have to make one for me again sometime.”

“Just ask me, I’ll definitely make it for you again.” He said with a smile and then he suddenly looked very serious. He grabbed one of my hands and looked at me in the eyes.

“Eunhyuk?”

“Sungmin, we have known each other for a very long time now. Even before we became part of Super Junior, we had been practicing together as trainees. I know that it took me so long to realize my feelings for you. Heck, I actually wouldn’t be able to realize it if it weren’t because of you too. I know you had been so torn apart of whether you were going to push me away or continue loving me because you didn’t know then if I loved you back then. But that was before, I’m not going to let you go through that again. I’ll never let you doubt my love for you again.” He took a small box from his pocket. He opened it revealing a simple silver ring.

“Sungmin, will you accept this ring, as a proof of my love that will always be with you from now ‘til forever?” I can’t believe this is happening! I have only dreamt of this before and now that it’s finally happening, everything just feels so unreal. I actually wanted to pinch myself to confirm I’m not actually dreaming. Then I saw him looking at me intently, his hands a little shaky, probably because of the anticipation of my answer and I realized that it is happening for real. Once again, I felt myself crying because of so much joy. I couldn’t trust my voice to say yes so I just nodded my head. He looked really happy and he slipped the ring to my finger. I inspected it and I noticed that it was engraved with ‘EH <3 SM’. I looked at him again and he was looking back at me. He got out of his seat and went near me. We don’t need words; just then our expressions are enough communication. I closed my eyes and soon I felt a pair of lips against mine. Soon, we heard a round of applause, we separated and saw the Super Junior members and the staff of the bakery clapping.

“I am so happy for you guys. We all are. Now, if you are finished eating, go get a room. I don’t want a scandal in my bakery.” Ms. Takahisa said. I blushed at what she implied. I don’t think I’m ready for that kind of thing yet. Good thing, Eunhyuk replied.

“We’re not doing that unless Sungmin says he’s ready. Besides, we aren’t finish with the cake yet.”

I am so happy. This is the best White Day ever.

 

_________________________________________________

 

Here it is as promised, the sequel to my story You are My Valentine. hahaha now it's super early! XD

I hope everyone will like it and I hope I met your expectations. I am so sorry if it’s a bit long. I got a little bit carried away.

Just in case someone is wondering what Eunhyuk whispered to Ryeowook. It’s to prepare the song No Other so he could present it to Sungmin. Oh, and if you are also wondering who was following Sungmin, it was Ms. Takahisa. She just made sure Sungmin would go to the bakery and also to alert the others when Sungmin arrived.

On another note: pink carnations means “I’ll never forget you”. I picked Super Junior’s song No Other because I think it fits the story. If anyone wants to know the English translation it’s here: http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/s/super_junior/no_other_english_lyrics.html

I noticed that I already wrote three stories for Hyukmin while I only have one for the others. But then again, Hyukmin inspires me to write, more than the others does. I guess I just have to get more inspired for the others then.

Well, anyway, a big thanks to everyone who stop by and read this fic of mine. Don’t forget to leave comments and tell me what you think of this!