Chapter 1

The Gummy Smile & The Hamster

Sunggyu Pov:

I feel arms wrap around my waist and I smile. I already know who it is because I’ve had this dream so many times now. It is the man with the gummy smile.

The man who I have never met anywhere but here, in my dreams. He has black hair and his eyes hold so many emotions. Some days his eyes show happiness and affection, but there are days where his eyes show sadness.

“How are you today? he asks, deep voice ringing in my ears. Everytime we meet, he always asks me how I am first, he moves to stand beside me.

Today his eyes show sadness, I intertwine our fingers together as we begin to walk.

“I’m good, how about you? How are you today?” I ask, looking at him from the corner of my eyes.

He is quiet for a minute, then “I am good too.” He attempts to smile, but it seems like it is forced.

“Really?” I stop in front of him, resting my hands on his chest “Please tell me the truth.” I see the look of confliction in his eyes, he sighs.

“It’ll probably sound stupid but…” It seems he is determining on what to say “I want to meet you, in real life.” He then motions with his arms to our surroundings “and not in just some dream world. I want to be able to truely hold you and to never let you go and… and I don’t know.” he is looking at the ground, with a look of frustration apparant on his face.

I feel my heart begin to flutter and my heart starts to race.

“Do you…” I question, looking up too him shyly “Do you mean it? Wanting to meet me?” He nods.

“I really do. I feel like it’s destiny or something crazy and amazing that brought us together. Even if it is just a dream.” He looks me in the eyes and rests his hands atop of mine. I can feel his heart beat, I begin to smile.

“I think being able to meet you outside of this dream would be amazing.” His gummy smile shines through. He tells me about a park that sparks realization, I live near the same exact park he described to me.

“The park, I think we should meet there!” I say, hugging him.

“We should!” he agrees, and hugs me back swinging me in a circle. We share a laugh. “I can’t wait, I’m excited!” He lets me go, his gummy smile seemingly shining.

We look into each others eyes. He runs a hand along my cheek as he says ”I love you.”

“I love you too.” I reply, just as he leans down to kiss me my alarm clock goes off. Shattering my dream. I feel sad and yet I also feel happy. I may finally get to meet the real Mr. Gummy Smile from my dreams. I decide that… that I will go to that park today.

I grab the clothes that I wore in my dream and head for the shower.

I really do hope I get to meet him…