Final

Payphone

It was dark and raining. The streets were deserted and aside from the traffic lights that still changed colors regardless, there was no sign of life anywhere. Yet knowing that the older was listening or was going to listen to his messaged made him feel a lot better. He slipped the coins in the slot and dialed an all too familiar number.

 

“Hey, hyung, it’s me,” a heavy voice sighed into the mouth piece when the machine answered. “I’m calling from a payphone. I know you tend to not answer phone numbers you don’t know.”

 

He paused for a moment realizing he had no idea what to say. After storming out the way he did he was almost scared Kyungsoo would never speak to him again. He cleared his throat and continued.

 

 “Anyway—I was just calling to apologize. I was an today and I should’ve never said those things. I’m sorry. It’s just-- I get jealous over the fact that someone could make you happier. You mean so much to me and the mere thought of someone else holding you drives me insane.”

 

The pictures of a really tall male embracing his boyfriend replayed in his mind. Chanyell or whatever. He remembered Kyungsoo explaining they were just high school friends, but he didn’t listen.

 

“I’m immature and inconsiderate and only think of myself. I want to be your everything, but I’m keep messing up. I’m too clingy, too childish, and have no self control when I’m around you. I never thought someone could make me feel this way. Half the time I’m confused at things you say and the other half I’m pissed off, because I want to be as carefree and loving as you are. But it’s okay though because there’s no one in the world I’d rather be confused with.  I can’t go anywhere without seeing or hearing something that reminds me of you. Even as I speak it’s raining and we both know how much you love going for walks in this crappy weather. ”

 

There was another pause.

 

“But that’s why I fell in love with you. You’re not like anyone else I’ve ever met. I’ll go as far to say you’re ing weird sometimes. You eat cereal out of a cup and can’t sleep with socks on, but you make sense. It’s all those little quirks about you that make you.. you. You let me know I’m not the only weird person alive. I love you, Kyungsoo.. I’m sorry.”

 

Having come to the end of his apology slash rant slash declaration of love, Jongin reluctantly hung up with a soft click. He pressed his warm forehead to the glass and sighed again. It was going to be a long walk home and the rain wasn’t making it any easier. He zipped up his jacket and reached for the glass door when suddenly the phone rang making him jump. He stared at the black receiver for a good 4 rings before answering.

 

“Do you have any idea what time it is?” a soft sleepy annoyed not really annoyed voice questioned on the other side.

 

Jongin couldn’t help but feel a smile tug at his lips. There was a worried tone to it, whether the other wanted there to be or not.  “More or less.”

 

“You locked yourself out of your car again, didn’t you?”

 

Jongin knew there was no point in trying to lie. The owl eyed boy knew him too well and that was probably the only reason Jongin had forced himself to call in the first place.

 

“…I thought the keys were in my pocket.”

 

There was a long pause and a quiet shuffle allowing Jongin to know the other was getting up. “I’ll be right there.”

 

The taller boy was starting to think his hyung didn’t even take the time to listen to his not thought out message and that it was all in vain. “Kyungsoo-- ”

 

“I know, Jongin.” There was a gentle chuckle. "I love you, too.”

 

He could practically hear Jongin’s smile through the phone.

 

“You’re an idiot. See you soon.”

 

• Malkom’sNote •
There you have it, lovelies. My official failed debut Kaisoo one shot.
I hope to start writing with more of them.
I still love 2min they are prefect, but Kaisoo… Kaisoo ugh.
EXO come back already please.