The Days Before by ToneHarmonic

Underground Reviews
| Requested | Found |

 

Title:

 

Author:

  • ToneHarmonic

Characters:

  • Yoo Youngjae and Jung Daehyun

 

At the time of this review, this one-shot only had 16 subscribers, no up votes, and about 500 views, far too little compared to the pure beauty that this author was able to create in a word count of 1042.

This fic shows the darker side to suicide, following the thoughts of those left behind in the moments after instead of the victim in the moments before. The emotions that the author poured into each and every word of this fic can be felt, and it is truly an amazing work of fanfiction.

With inspiration of the song “The Day Before” by Nell, the author was able to recreate the visually breath taking video into a work of art in word form. Maybe this review will never do it justice, but, from a reviewer that finds it difficult to cry when reading, ToneHarmonic had me searching for a box of tissues before I had even reached the end.

I just cannot praise this one-shot enough. It is on my personal list of ‘always read’, and so now, I pass it on to you. Please join ToneHarmonic in the Land of Make Believe, and if you are an easy crier... remember the tissues.