[1/1]

Fear of Crowds

Gimpo airport was a popular place. A lot of fans were allowed at this fan signing, a lot more than usual. Jongup was the second to last seat, next to Yongguk. But when he saw the mass of fans, he gulped harshly.

He knew they were fans, but there were so many of them.

"What's wrong, Jongup-ah?" Yongguk asked.

"N-Nothing, it's fine." Jongup mumbled, rolling his marker across the table. He didn't want to have to admit that he was afraid. He was never a fan of being in huge crowds, resonating from his memories of being lost in America. He lost his parents in the huge crowd.

And this huge crowd was coming straight towards him.

"Jonguppie?" Himchan noticed something was up, with the way Jongup kept glancing up at the crowd of girls in horror, biting his lip. "Are you scared?" He whispered to the younger, seeing him turn and nod slightly, embarassment filling his face. Himchan just smiled, "Ah, Yonggukkie, swap seats with me. Come sit by Junhonggie."

"All right, you want the end?" Yongguk stood, trading seats with him.

"This will be better anyways. Most will want to talk to me the longest because of my injury." Himchan mumbled. "I'm here, Jonguppie." He whispered, reaching over with his good hand, grabbing Jongup's in his. "There's nothing to be afraid of."

"I-It's just a lot of people, hyung." Jongup mumbled, squeezing the elder's hand. "W-What if they bump you and hurt your arm?"

"I'll be fine, you'll be fine." Himchan chuckled.

"What if we get some ssaesang and they try to--"

"I'll protect you." Himchan whispered. "It'll all be okay."

"Okay." Jongup mumbled, letting go of the elder's hand as the first fan made their way down the line. Jongup pulled out a smile, but Himchan could see the fear still behind his eyes. He just reached with his good arm, patting the boy's thigh gently.

"Smile, Oppa! Your smile is so beautiful!" The fan whispered, and Jongup smiled a real smile, relaxing when he realized they were just fans. BABYz there to support him.

Besides, he had Himchan here protecting him.

 

After the fan signing was over, they stood, waved, bowed, and made their way out. Himchan slung his good arm around Jongup's shoulder. "See, there's nothing to be afraid of as long as hyung is here, okay?" He whispered, and Jongup just smiled.

"Thanks, hyung." He mumbled. "For taking care of me."

"Of course, you're my favorite member." He said quietly, pinching Jongup's cheek. The boy giggled, leaning his head on Himchan's shoulder.

THE END.