Final

She Waits

 

“Hajima,” Seyong said with b eyes. She couldn’t retain her tears anymore as she let her tears slip down.
 
“I have to. Please don’t be like this. You know I can’t go if you keep doing this.” Daehyun clenched his hand, held back his urge to hug the girl he loved in front of him.
 
“Then don’t go. Why you choose going far to Seoul rather than staying with me here? Why do you want to leave me here alone? Why?” Seyong couldn’t contain her anger. She wanted to make Daehyun know that she needed him with her.
 
“Please, don’t make me hard leaving you. I know you will understand me. Going to Seoul is my dream, I want to be there. I don’t want to be trapped here, doing nothing.”
 
“But Daehyun, I don’t have anyone here. You are the one I have. You are the one I rely me life on. Take me with you” Pleaded Seyong.
 
“I can’t take you to Seoul with me, Seyong. You have family here.”
 
“You called people who only ordering me around, father who beat me up, mother who yelled at me for everything I do is a family? How dare you, Daehyun? You are the one who knows how ed up my life is. Why are you leaving me?” Seyong squatted and hugged her head, buried her head between her knees.
 
Daehyun lowered his eyes, looked to vulnerable girl. He squatted down, lifted Seyong chin to face him. Daehyun wiped her wet cheeks with his thumb and his hand rested on her cheeks, it slowly.
 
“I will be back, Seyong. You know I will. You only have to wait for me patiently. I will be on your side soon. Please, let me chase my dream.” Looking straight to her eyes, Daehyun pleaded her. Seyong wanted to say no, but her heart told her that she had to let Daehyun chased his dream.
 
After some minutes in silent, finally Seyong nodded. Daehyun hugged her. He kissed her forehead and her lips. ‘This is farewell kiss’ thought Seyong.
 
The day after, Seyong went to Busan bus terminal to bid farewell to Daehyun. She restrained her tears. She wanted to be ‘the smiling Seyong’ that will be remembered by Daehyun.
 
“I will go now” Daehyun said, looking to Seyong. “Wait for me, Seyong”
 
“You know I will wait for you, just make sure you will be back to me.” Said Seyong.
 
“I promise, I will be back. Okay, I have to go. Bye Seyong” said Daehyun kissing her forehead for the last time. Seyong watched his back going to the bus. Seyong couldn’t drag her feet to go out from there. She kept looking at the bus that takes him. Seyong said to herself that she will wait for him to come back to her. Even if it took forever.
 
 
~~~~
 
 
Seyong is watching TV that showed B.A.P interview. She keeps her eyes on Daehyun. She smiled to herself before her smile turn into frown. She has been waiting for him for almost 3 years. For few months apart, Daehyun always called her. But, his call constantly decrease. She waits, and waits because she had promised. Seyong drown in her own thought, until she hear one of the interviewer question.
 
“Daehyun-ssi, is that true that right now you are currently seeing someone from entertainment field?”
 
Daehyun looks too calm. Absolutely too calm. Seyong’s tears are b in her eyes. She keeps listening on the TV, waiting for his answer. The answer that will relieve her or maybe, killed her. After some long pause, there comes a sound.
 
“Yes” Daehyun says in a calm tone. Seyong who watch him can’t hold her tears back anymore.  She lets her tears streaming down her face. She let herself trembling. She let her heart shatter.
 
  “Actually, the purpose of this interview is to clarify that news. I want to clarify that I am currently seeing someone. She is from entertainment too. She is Eunyong from Two X. I want to make our relationship official. Thank you” Daehyun said with smile, listening to reporter’s questions.
 
Seyong can’t do anything. She feels so limp. She feels so wronged. She can’t contain her feelings anymore. She collapses in the middle of her room.
 
Seyong wakes up. She feels nothing. She can’t feel her heart. She has no emotion in her eyes. She looks so dead. 
She is looking for their photograph together. She Daehyun’s face in the picture. She hugs her knees. Small smile creeps on her lips as she swings right and left.
 
“I will wait for you even if it takes forever, Daehyun.”