Chapter One: Bae's Roommate

At Long Last.

 

Bae chuckled; as he caught the sight that played out in the other room, He watched Minji drop one of her suitcases as Junhong, her new roommate turned around as he pulled down the grey v-neck over his bare upper body. She froze in place as he said “Oh…you’re the girl that was assigned to my room, it must be a pain that none of the other rooms in the girl dorm had an open space in one of the rooms. Let’s get along ok? I’m Choi Junhong, but call me Zelo, or Junhong...if you prefer to be more personal about it.” Bae chuckled closing the door slowly saying “Have a fun year, Minji-ah” as it closed completely.

Kicking his duffle bag to the other side of the hallway opening the door to see a view of a man’s back that looked about his age, unpacking and setting up his side of the room. The brown locks gave it away; it was no other his bias, Bang Yongguk. “How Ironic is that” He thought.  Bae set his bags down and cleared his throat, startling Yongguk.

“Ah you must be Bae, I was told you’d be assigned to my room.” He stopped folding his clothes and paid his full attention to Bae. “I’m Bang Yongguk.” His english wasn’t the best, so not to give him such a tough time with speaking the language which was clearly difficult for him, Bae started to speak Korean.

“Annyeong Haseyo, yep I’m Bae, your new roommate nice to meet you.” Bae bowed a full 90 degrees. It shocked Yongguk, he was surprised to see that Bae knew Korean, he looked of Asian ethnicity but he didn’t think he’d be Korean.

“So, what are you here for Bae-ah?” Yongguk took a seat on his bed waiting for an answer.

“Oh I’m here for Journalism and my dongsaeng, Minji across the hall is finishing up her last semester of high school then joining the college to get her degree in dance education.” Yongguk smiled small at the response, he was going to get along just fine with Bae.

“Ah I’m going for Visual Journalism, so we’ll be in the same classes, and Junhong –ah is her roommate I suppose…that’s odd. Shouldn’t she be in a girl’s dorm?” Bae Nodded and continued to speak.

“Yes, she was assigned to this dorm because there was a long waiting list for the girl’s dorm so she switched.” Bae reached to his bag and begin folding clothes and setting up his desk and such.

“Junhong-ah is also finishing up his last semester of high school and going for his degree in dance.” Yongguk chuckled at the similarities in the two; they should get along just fine as well.

“They should get along just fine then…” Things got quiet after that, falling into a comfortable silence and they both continued to unpack and set up.

“Yah, Bae-ah…let’s make the best of however long we’re here…arraso?”  Bae nodded giving him a small smile.

“Arraso, I can’t wait for this year to start.”

~These stories will be written in two different parts, based off of Minji's perspective and Bae's in two different chapters...(just telling you this so that no one gets confused.~- Anna