The Past

Letting Go

 

Choi Sooyoung and her boyfriend Kim Kibum has been in a relationship for 4 months. But they’ve never been happy... They were best friends before... Until Kibum confessed that he loves her... For the past 4 months they always argue over things and always ended up to a fight... 14th February was their 4th month day… on that day, Sooyoung decided to end their relationship. Being a couple was so hard for her. So, she decided to end it once and for all.

After a week of their break up, Sooyoung couldn’t stop thinking about Kibum… she was still in love with him… and would forever be… It was already 03.30 in the morning but she couldn’t sleep at all. She reminisced all those time she through with Kibum... She missed him already and she really wanted to see him... She missed his touch, his hugs, his kiss… Everything about him. “How am I supposed to move on when I’m still in love with you? What can I do?” she spoke to herself.

In the morning she went to her college and met Kibum. It was their first meeting after they brake up. They both felt so “awkward” towards each other. Kibum tried to break that “awkwardness” around them. “Hi! How was your holiday? Where did you go?” he asked. “It was fun. I didn’t go anywhere because of our homework. What about you?”. “I didn’t go anywhere either...” he answered. He was staring at her without knowing it, made her feel more uncomfortable. She decided to get away from him and went to the washroom. She cried, alone... She couldn’t bear with the pain she was facing… the pain of seeing Kibum… Kibum himself tried to hold back his tears while meeting her. It was the hardest thing to do.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wednesday, February 14th 2015

They were both at a restaurant to celebrate their 4th month. He remembered when she wore a beautiful pink dress and heels. He was wearing a suit and all set. They were both talking about their past times together until Sooyoung started to look serious. “Kibum-ah... I think we should stop seeing each other. It would be better for us if we end our relationship. It’s not because I don’t love you anymore, I still love you, I do. But I guess it’s better for us to be just ‘best-friend’ again.” He was really shock when he heard that. He couldn’t do anything... “I’m dreaming, right? She didn’t actually say that, right? She’s my girl, isn’t she?” he thought. But he realized that it wasn’t a dream. He was speechless and couldn’t say a word, until she continues, “Kibum-ah, I’m so sorry for ending it on my own. But I couldn’t bear it anymore. We were best friend, and happy. But when we became a couple, we always argue over things, even if it was just a small thing. It really hurts me. I’m so sorry, and I wish you can understand my feeling.” She didn’t realize that her tears were flowing... He wiped her tears and hugged her. “Sooyoung-yah, I’m so sorry for hurting you all this time. I understand your feeling, but please, couldn’t you think about it again? I don’t want us to end our relationship. How am I supposed to live without you by my side?” his voice was shaking. “I’m so sorry, Kibum-ah… This is the best for us. I’ll be leaving for our sake, your sake. That’s the best way for us to keep our friendship. I’m so sorry. I loved you, I love you, and I will always love you.” She finished her words and then left him on his own. Leaving him with a great pain. And he went home feeling with full of regrets…