Somewhere Down The Road

The Word Bucket [Taking Requests]

"I guess I always knew inside, I wouldn't have you for a long time."

 


They would meet again someday. Daehyun was sure they would. Goodbyes aren't forever, after all. That was what Youngjae believed and that was what Daehyun believed in too now. And that belief wasn't going to change anytime soon.

The blonde in the train had his palms pressed flat on the icy window as Daehyun began running through the station, trying to keep up with the speeding vehicle. There were tears in the younger's eyes and Daehyun wanted nothing more than to magically appear in the train and wipe Youngjae's tears away.

Never in his entire life had Daehyun seen his best friend cry. Not once.

Daehyun didn't want to send the other off with tears either.

Youngjae was strong and cheeky and sarcastic and-and just plain amazing. There was no other person like him and no one would ever be able to replace Youngjae in Daehyun's heart. Through their nonsense arguments, their crazy adventures, and their idiotic choices and reasonings in life, Daehyun wasn't complete without Youngjae and Youngjae wasn't complete without Daehyun.

It's like what Daehyun said when they were sitting under the trees in the park when they were ten. It was some time in April and the two wandered away from the swings and ended up resting on the trunk of the biggest tree there. According to Youngjae, it was oak. Daehyun however, begged to differ. And that's when Daehyun said it. Youngjae was the chocolate chip to his cookie. Simple as that.

Sure, it was silly. But, the silly little phrase still meant the world to Youngjae.

And the thing was, Daehyun loved Youngjae. The realization was a little late, there was no doubt about that. But Youngjae knew that if Daehyun did somehow realize his feelings before he left, then that wouldn't be the Daehyun he grew up and fell in love with. He would be an imposter and Youngjae would know to run away from the alien and into Daehyun's waiting arms.

So, Daehyun thought as the end of the station came closer, even though they fell in love at the wrong time, he still believed in the forever that consisted of him and Youngjae together. That's why he'll smile at the younger who was disappearing from his view. Because, Daehyun knew that somewhere down the road, their roads will cross again. It didn't matter when.

Letting go was always just another way for them to say that "I'll always love you".

 


LOL. I told you it was crappy. Word vomit. BLEH. I hope you guys know what you got yourselves into xD Because I'm warning you....WAIT. HOLD UP. I've already warned you. Oh well. LET ME LUVS U ALL. Thank you for subscribing and reading~

Word Vomit Count: 408
Genre: Well, I don't know...Readers, you decide.
Song: Somewhere Down the Road (covered by Nina)
Credits: stereotypesempty

 

Me Outtie~