Sharing

Chance at Love - One Shots Series

 

Later that day…

 

“I’m home”, Victoria calls out as she removes her boots by the door and drop s the dry cleaning on the couch.  She hears the guitar being played and knew that Nich probably spent the entire morning practicing.  She giggled as she tiptoed into the den, hiding the small confection box behind her back.

 

“Did you have a nice date with your boyfriend?” Nich asked nonchalantly as he continued playing.

 

“Umm..and he says hi by the way.”  Ever since they began dating, it’s always been a running joke between them that Kyuhyun was Victoria’s other boyfriend.  Nich was confident in their relationship so it has never bothered him.  In addition, Kyuhyun had known Vic all his life and they were practically like siblings.  It was Kyuhyun who had introduced them in the first place. Kyuhyun was one of his best friends, he was the best man at their wedding.  Threatened by Kyuhyun?  The thought never occurred to him.

 

“And as a thank you for allowing your beautiful wife to date him today, he bought you something.”  Victoria was all smiles as she tried her best to act cute.

 

Nich looked up and smiled, “Did he buy me something sweet to bribe me?”

 

“How did you know? “  Victoria presented the small box him as she sat down next to him.  Slowly opening the box to reveal a mouthwatering cake, “It’s pasticcio white chocolate cake! And it’ yummy.”

 

Opening his mouth wide to receive the cake Victoria was feeding him, Nich smiles happily, “Cuz he’s a pure glutton.  He’s so lucky to be blessed with a fast metabolism, or else he would be not just a Starcraft playing dork needing Clearasil, but a chubby Starcraft playing dork needing Clearasil .”

 

Victoria makes a pouty face, “Hey, stop badmouthing my boyfriend.”

 

Nich laughed as he stuffs the rest of the cake into his mouth, “Stop defending the boyfriend from the husband.”

 

They both laugh as they share a sweet kiss.

 

 

 

On the other side of town…

 

 

Kyuhyun was in a good mood as he walks into his apartment. 

 

“Your home early”, Changmin says as he sits at his desk playing Diablo.

 

“Yeah, Vic had to cut our date short because she had things to do.  Are you winning?” Kyuhyun walks towards his roommate and stares at the screen.

 

“Uh huh…..wifely duties?”  Changmin asks.

 

“Yeah, you know how it goes, once you’re married, it’s a completely different ballgame.  No time for your friends, canceling dates, not even time to chat on the phone…and…”  Kyuhyun huffs out but was stopped b Changmin, who stopped playing and turned his head and looked up at Kyuhyun and in a serious tone, “Sounds like your really bitter.  You know if you love her just tell her.”

 

Kyuhyun was caught completely off guard and did not know how to respond.  The Changmin breaks out his trademark smiles, ‘hahahaha, gotcha!!  I’m just kidding bro.  But you did sound bitter, though.”  Turning back his attention to his game, “Get use to it, once things settle and they start a family, she’s probably have less time for you.”

 

Kyuhyun thinks for a moment.  He never thought that far ahead.  ‘starting a family? A baby?'   Kyuhyun sighs to himself, “someone else to share Vic with.”