Letters without substance

Naiyou no Nai Tegami[One-Shot]

"To my dear beloved"

Shige's written to me once again, I always look foward to reading his letters since that is the only way I can communicate with him. When I read them I feel like our love only grows stronger, even as the time goes by. He knows just what to say to comfort me, and I know he's hurting just as much as I am.

 

" On this piece of paper , I can be honest it's simple and easy."

Shige's always been pretty straightfoward and honest, he just has a hard time expressing his feelings. It annoys me a bit, but I find it cute I think it's one his charming points. I laugh at the awkward pauses in his letter when he has a hard time trying to express himself, remind of the day he confessed his feelings for me.

3 years ago

" I was studying under a tree at the university, when I hear my name being called I looked up and there he was. At that time I only thought of his as a good friend. We had never actually hung out alone, so it was a bit awkward to be talking to him.

Shige: So, how have you been these past few days?

Shizuko: I've been pretty good, I've mostly been spending my time studying for finals. You know how tough they are.

Shige: Yeah I know. Especially for the law department you'd think we were about to run the country with all the things they've got us memorizing.

Shizuko: *laughs* I know right.

Shige: So... uhm there's something I want to tell you....

Shizuko: What is it?

Shige: Well... you see... uhm.... I really....

Shizuko: *starting to get anxious* What's wrong?

Shige: IWANTEDTOTELLYOUTHATIREALLYLIKEYOUSOWILLYOUBEMYGIRLFRIEND? *Takes out a cute little teddy bear engraved with the words “Two souls with but a single thought, two hearts that beat as one.”

Shizuko: Of course I would love to be your girlfriend!


 "Let's send letters without details, it may not mean much except that I love you."

Reading these three simple words give me so much joy. But they also tear me apart, knowing that I won't be able to hear those words from his mouth. I don't understand why this had to happen, why can't his parents just accept our love.

"Feelings being composed on so many letters my pen just won't stop."

Why can't I stop myself from my feeling for you in these letters. I know that were just hurting ourselves. I know that it hurts you just as much as it hurts me to read them. Yet I still continue to write as if I were dying.

"Because these feelings won't end yet. That's why I'll continue to write."

Even after 15 years I still feel the same way about you. I've stopped answering your letters, I just can't continue on hurting you like this anymore. I haven't been able to read the last couple of letters you've sent me. I know that if I read them, I won't be able to continue on living. I've sent you one final letter, I'm sure you'll be surprised when you open it. You may ask yourself why it's blank... well it's because I can no longer put my feelings into words anymore. They've grown so much over these years, that it's impossible for me to express them properly. Just know that I'll always love you, no matter what happens or how many years go by. After this I can finally move on and start a new life, I hope that you too will be able to go on. Knowing that even after all that's happend our love is still going strong.

Goodbye~

No letter contents...

No letter contents...

No letter contents...