Chapter 5

My Kris from College
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

COFFEE SHOP, THE PRESENT DAY

"Kris didn't ask anyone out for months after you broke up with him." I said offering that up as evidence of his true feelings for her. "You really messed him up." Nicole hook her head  

"He didn't ask anyone out because you were there. I'm surprised you're still in denial about this" but she wasn't angry that I didn't believe her. If anything, she was amused. After that awkward conversation in college, I did speak to Nicole again. We were classmates in philosophy, and we eventually started saying quick hi hello in the hallway. At Graduation, we even hugged but I figured everyone was emotional that night.

"Are we really going to keep talking about this?" I whined.

"She's here! Finally" Nicole's eye darted to someone behind me.. and I turned to look. I almost choked on my tea. "Catherine" Catherine Woo was thinner than when I last saw her. She had cut her hair really really short which accentuated her weight loss even more. She took an empty seat next to me, and dropped the heavy bags she was carrying under the table. Catherine was Kris's second girlfriend.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry the meeting took longer than it should have." She said. " what have you talked about already?"

"I gave her the gist of what we want her to do."

"Oh, of course" Catherine turned to me. Her eyes a little brighter. "And what did she say?"

"She is not on speaking terms with Kris"

"You're kidding me." Catherine said, addressing me directly right now. "What happened?"

I still wasn't sure what's happening but I answered her anyway, "I don't know, he just stopped---- you know what? I don't have to explain everything to you. Or to you. How did you two even met?"

"Yoga." Catherine answered."Didn't figure out who she was until I found out her last name." When Catherine saw Nicole's name on the list of

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter