Guardian

Your Fate: Suho

It’s only been about a week or so and you haven’t seen Suho or Kai since the café incident. You’ve been very indecisive whether to call Kai or not or to let Suho explain or not.

“I didn’t know being in a relationship would come with this many complications,” you groaned when you face planted onto your bed.

You rolled over onto your back and stared at the ceiling for a brief 5 minutes or so before thinking about Suho. After your joyful memories with Suho passed through your mind, you felt your heart beating faster. That really got your attention.

You jolted upright and immediately turned your head to look at the picture of you and Suho on your anniversary that was sitting on your study desk.

“I don’t possibly still have feelings for you… right?” you asked yourself before letting a moment of silence pass through your room. That’s when you fell back onto your back and covered your eyes with your hands.

“I still do have feelings for you Joonmyun…” you mumbled to yourself before rolling onto your front and screamed into your pillow.

Your mom comes rushing into the room after she hears your muffled screams and asks you what’s wrong. You sheepishly smile at her and assured her nothing was wrong. Your mom suspiciously looked at you before leaving your bedroom.

You once again debated with yourself, wondering if you should try to call Joonmyun’s phone, if the number was still the same that is.

“Oh what the heck. Just do it,” you told yourself before reaching for your phone on your nightstand. Once you picked up your phone, an unknown number called you.

Startled, you accidently dropped the phone onto your bed. You scoot closer to the number displayed on the screen and immediately recognized the number. It was Joonmyun’s.

“That’s strange… I still remember his number after deleting it…” you mumbled as you carefully picked up your phone and answered it.

“Yeoboseyo?” you answered.

“You finally answered!” a familiar voice rang through the phone.

“Yeah, I… I didn’t know you still had my number,” you said to Joonmyun.

“Are you kidding me? Of course I would still have it…” Joonmyun whispered to you.

“So, mind giving me that explanation that you wanted to give me before I ran off?”

“Yeah, um, I wanted to say that I’m so sorry for leaving without a full explanation. I kind of just cut it off, didn’t I? Well, I just want you to know that I’m planning on quitting my solo career and chase you back,” Suho said and you slightly smiled because you know he’s blushing on the other side of the phone.

“Don’t, Suho. I don’t want you to quit your career just for me,” you assured him.

“No! I would do anything for you, and you know that. I miss being the guy you always hug and kiss when you meet me. When I broke up with you, I felt… a whole lot lonelier. Like something wasn’t complete… But I felt like it was too late to get you back and everything since I got accepted into SMent.

Please, I just want to protect you and be your… your guardian,” Suho explained over the phone as you were slowly tearing up.

“Babe, can I call you that? I just wanted to let you know, if you don’t want me to quit, then I won’t. Anything for you. It’s just that… I’m leaving for Japan for promotions on my Japanese single and I won’t be back in Korea for maybe a year? More or less.

The flight’s today and it’s in 2 hours. I’ll wait there for you until my flight leaves. If you don’t show up, then I understand. See you in a year? Possibly? I love you,” Suho says then hangs up the phone.

He leaves you sitting there on your bed with a mix of emotions going through you. Fear, love, disappointment, excitement. But mostly fear, since his flight leaves in two hours. You quickly look at the clock and then at yourself in the mirror. Your hair looked like a mess but you simply tied it up in a careless bun, pinned your bangs back, threw on a cardigan over your tank and Capri’s, then ran out the door with your phone in hand.

You quickly got into your car and drove to the Incheon Airport, getting there in 30 minutes, more or less.

You run inside and looked at the chart that showed you the departing flights.

“Japan… Japan… There it is! Gate 231!” you say out loud and run towards the gate.

“He never said where in Japan he was going,” you say to yourself at you run to any of the flights leaving to Japan, hoping to find Joonmyun in time.

As you run to the final flight that’s leaving to Hokkaido, you see that the plane has already departed. You slow down in your speed and drop onto your knees.

“Did the plane leave early? Out of all the flights and days, this one just had to leave early!” you said in rage. You look around the gate and saw that it was empty except for one person in a black and white hoodie sitting down in the middle of a row of chairs, leaning on their fists while hunched over.

You painfully got back onto your feet and walked over to the chair that was coincidently across from the stranger. You seat down in the seat and pull out your phone, blankly staring at it.

“I’m sorry I didn’t make it in time Joonmyun,” you whisper as you start to cry. The stranger, upon hearing this, lifts up his head.

The stranger calls your name, which gets you confused. You look up while trying to blink away the tears. The stranger gets up and walks over to you and kneels down in front of you, using his shirt to wipe away the tears on your face.

Once the tears disappear from your field of vision, your eyes widen and you see a teary eyed Joonmyun smiling at you.

“You didn’t leave!” you jump up from your seat and tackled him with a hug. Suho laughs and hugs you back.

“Of course I wouldn’t. The plane was leaving early but I didn’t see you yet, so I stayed back and hoped you would come. And you did!” Suho grins as he lifts you up and spins you around in a hug. You squeal of laughter and Joonmyun lets you down but doesn’t let go of you.

“I’m not going anywhere Joonmyun,” you smile as he smiles back at you.

“I’m not going anywhere either. I told you, I’m going to protect you and be your guardian, whether you like it or not,” he leans in and closes the space between both your lips. The next moment was something you missed so much. Him being next to you and kissing you.

Joonmyun breaks the kiss and leans his forehead onto yours.

“Today has to be one of the best days of my life.”