'I do...'

The Girl in the White Dress

 

Choi Seunghyun’s POV

 

 

The organ started to play and the doors opened, revealing a young woman in an elegant white dress, holding a bouquet of white roses. Eyes were all on her, watching as she made a grand entrance to the altar. When we finally met, she gave me her most heart-warming smile and in return I gave her mine.

 

The priest began the ceremony, but my mind’s attention was only at her. Damn, she looked beautiful. Who would have thought that Kang Mina, my childhood friend and “partner-in-crime”, would grow up to become a woman every man dreams of? She’s simple and modest. She’s talented and bright. She’s straightforward with her opinions and is a terrible liar. She’s full of surprises, you’ll never know what to expect from her. Through the years she was there for me in times of joy and in times of pain. She helped me through a lot and she’s not the type to turn away from someone she loves so dearly. And that’s why I fell in love with her.

 

 

I must’ve been deep in my thoughts for a long while because the next thing I knew, I heard the priest flipping through the thin pages of the Bible.

 

“Genesis 2: 22 says,” the priest read, “‘the LORD God made a woman from the rib He had taken out of the man, and he brought her to the man.’ The woman who stands by your side is going to be your wife. She will look to you for unconditional love, support and comfort. You must always hold her very close to your heart.”

 

I looked at her, and barely audible to everyone I told her, ‘you are the one God has specially handpicked to be my beloved wife. I promise to nourish you mentally and physically. According to God's instructions, I pledge to leave my father and mother and cleave with you in every aspect of life. After the Lord, you will have the first place in my heart, till I breathe my last.

 

The priest read on. “In Genesis 2:18, The LORD God said, ‘It is not good for the man to be alone. I will make a helper suitable for him.’ The man who stands by your side is going to be your husband. He will look to you for unconditional love, support and comfort. You must be a true helpmate to him at all times, helping him with every burden of life.”

 

And then she spoke with her soft, angelic voice, “You are the one God has specially handpicked to be my beloved husband. I promise to nourish you mentally and physically. According to God's instructions I pledge to leave my father and mother and cleave with you in every aspect of life. I will not only stand by you through every situation in life, but will also help you with every burden you face. After the Lord, you will have the first place in my heart, till I breathe my last.”

 

The priest went on. “Since it is your intention to marry, join your right hands and declare your consent. Seunghyun,” he called my name as I kept looking at her, “do you take Mina to be your lawful wedded wife to have and behold from this day on, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, as long as you both shall live?”

 

‘I do.’

 

He then turned to Mina. “Mina, do you take Seunghyun  to be your lawful wedded husband, to have and behold from this day on, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, as long as you both shall live?”

 

She smiled. “I do.”

 

I looked at her with yet another smile and tears were starting to dwell in my eyes. In a few minutes, our lives were about to change.

 

The ring bearer came forth and presented the rings. After the exchange of rings, the priest spoke once more.

 

“Seunghyun and Mina, you have given and pledged your promises to each other, and have declared your everlasting love by exchanging the rings. Your vows may have been spoken in minutes, but your promises to each other will last until your last breath. As they have pledged themselves to meet sorrow and happiness as one family before God and this community of friends, I now pronounce them husband and wife. You may kiss your bride.”

 

I closed my eyes and tears were now falling as she leaned closer and closer for a kiss...

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

...and the last thing I heard before backing away was the priest’s final words, “Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you Mr. and Mrs. Lee Seunghyun.”

 

The organ played once more and the crowd roared with excitement and joy not even noticing the sudden absence of the best man, and there she went with the man she now called her husband, arms linked together, walking along the aisle and exiting the church. I ran further and further from the prosperous celebratory atmosphere to a secluded place where no one would hear me cry in anger and regret.

 

 

 

Seunghyun,” he called my name as I kept looking at her, “do you take Mina to be your lawful wedded wife to have and behold from this day on, for better or for worse, for richer or for poorer, in sickness and in health, as long as you both shall live?”

 

 

I do...

 

...wish I was the man walking hand in hand with the girl in the white dress.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Inspired from Taeyang’s ‘Wedding Dress’

 

Wedding ceremony script from: http://www.buzzle.com/articles/wedding-ceremony-script.html

 

 

 

Author’s note: To my dear friend who’s a big fan of Bigbang’s TOP, I’m sorry! I just had to! T__T