8 Years

Through A Time Machine

The blanks are the unknown name of the girl OC. Have fun! (:

 

"-and after 8 years, we will regain everyone else's memory. You can chase after your idol in Korea and get married happily ever after." Professor Jinki pushed his glasses back against the bridge of his nose, looking anxious as he wiped away the beads of sweat seen visibly on his forehead. This case was very nerve-wrecking. This stranger, this female teenager,was his first ever customer. And Professor Jinki was planning to make this case succeed, more than ever. She nodded her head cautiously. Phew. "BUT. There are some rules and regulations you need to follow. Firstly, you are required to learn the Korean culture, their language, everything. Two, you're not allowed to listen to K-Pop. Not even PSY, A-Peace or Sunny Hill. You also cannot mention anything related to this or whatsoever to anyone. As long as your break these two rules, the contract will be broken off." Jinki cleared his throat before going on. "If there's nothing else, sign here," he pointed to the spot with a pen, "and seal your thumbprint here." Jinki finished with a sigh, nodding his head in sheer happiness that he got the worst part over. 

She scratched her head. "I don't know.. I mean, eight years? I can't even survive through Lent* without music!" Jinki was getting impatient. His plan of succeeding this case seemed to be failing. "Do you want to sign the contract or not?" Jinki had a new outburst of sweat. If he didn't get this contract signed, all the money he had invested in would vanish into thin air just like that. She took one last sigh. This will be the only chance you have, fool. She thought. Nodding once again, she hesitated, before signing and sealing it with her thumbprint. For that one chance of getting to meet her idol, for the sake of her own selfishness, of being noticed, and not to be seen as part of the ocean of fans. To be chased and be wanted by someone whom she loved so dearly.

 

Isn't it the same as to living in a dream?

 

But to live in that dream, the dream she wants so desperately,she would have to sacrifice eight years.

 

Eight years, living eight years without any updates of her idols. No K-Pop.Just studies and diets. And learning how to get chased by her idol.

 

To live in a dream, she was willing to give up all this to finally be noticed. To finally be noticed by the man of her dreams.

 

~~~

But to be honest, eight years, is a lot. And, it was full of torturous moments.

How does one live without the essence of music? You could only hum to what you remembered of the song. ____ skipped to school, humming along Dream Girl. The song she last heard before signing the damn contract. Yesterday seemed like a faux. Yet, the professor seemed so solemn and serious. Shrugging it off,___ ran into school right before the bell rang. Since her first period was free, she studied with her friends. Untangling her earphones, she had not noticed shadows lurking behind her.

Just before she had switched on her iPod, ___ heard it. Remember the agreement~ A shiver ran down her spine. Odd. Tilting her head so as to see behind her, ___ saw no one else except for a coule of girls laughing loudly down the row of lockers along the corridor.

~~~

While studying with her friends, ___ remembered. "Hey guys, the weirdest thing happened to me yesterday. I met this-" she felt a cool breeze, and stopped halfway. You promised not to tell anyone~ ___ felt the hair on the nape of her neck stand up. She peered upwards from her revision, only to see three boys glaring at her while they walked behind her 2 friends studying, heads hanging low. "You met what?" Mina asked. She always felt that ___ had peculiar encounters. ___ shook her head. "Nah.. I just saw this really cute poodle, you know the species that are known as toy poodles? Yeah, it came running towards me and when I was about to carry it, it jumped over me. Funny huh.." ___faked a smile before continuing her revision.

~~~

___ kept making the same mistakes. For one year.

She couldn't take it anymore. All the weird students glaring at her when she made a mistake. The whisper in the breeze that led her to have goosebumps.

She just gave up trying. Trying to listen to her music and bringing up the subject.

~~~

For eight years straight, ___ dutifully attended the courses. Strangely, just like what the professor said, no one mentioned anything related to K-Pop. Nothing at all.

~~~

On her twenty-first birthday, the day she had constantly dreamed of since the age of thirteen, she recieved and envelope at four in the morning.

The time she was born.

The time her mum would always softly whisper in her ear "Happy Birthday, my apple pie"

The weird thing wasn't about an envelope being sent to her at four in the morning.

 The weird thing was, how that wretched professor whats-his-name still remembered

Even after eight, horrible, long, years.

 

 

Astonishing.