the problem is..

Chen's Little Problem

 

one of my old story.  thanks for my beta-reader : amusuk. re-post only for you.. thanks again..

 

--

Hyung.…” Chen called Kris, who was already laying on his bed, but Chen was not too sure if he had fallen asleep or not because he was just climbed into his blanket a couple of minutes ago. “Hyung, still awake?”

Kris slowly opened up his eyes. “What’s up, Chen chen?”

Chen was hesitant to ask his favor because he saw sleepiness hanging down dui zhang’s eyes just now. That afternoon, EXO-M went for filming a variety show that took long time. The members longed for their bed, except Kris and Lay, who took a shower first. Chen, himself, opened up his laptop, and went browsing the internet because it sounded more realistic than counting sheeps for a good sleep.

Coincidentally, he then came to one of EXO’s fan blog and found one comment that bothered him. It was said in English, so he needed Kris to translate it for him. Dui zhang knew English like knowing his own name.

Chen chose to end his curiosity.

Hyung, I need your help,” Chen begged. “This is... about EXO-M”

Kris’s leader mode was called. He climbed out his bed and sat beside Chen. “What is it?” he asked. Chen pointed at what was bothering him. Kris gulped down after reading the sentence. “You want me to translate this for you?”

Chen nodded.

Kris re-read those sentences once again.

 

EXOmania_icon posting this on July, 6th 2012.

EXO-M was performing MAMA on their latest variety show. 

My reaction is : “Lypsync again? What is this?! A bunch of pretty boy who only know how to dance and how to act on reality show?”

Actually, I prefer EXO-K now. For newbie singers, DO & Baekhyun surely can sing very well. Check out my portal for their live videos on some music show, performing MAMA. And the radio show too with Angel (aww.. this song burst out my soul into heaven).

One sure thing is...

THEY. REALLY. CAN. SING

(which is what I doubt about EXO-M till now. Luhan n Chen, you need extra hardwork to show me how capable you are as a singer)

 

“What is this EXOmania_icon say, hyung?” asked Chen because Kris went in a deep silence. He promised, he will laugh out loud if Kris gave him white flag for understanding those sentences. “Hyung, what—“

“You... really want to know what this person is saying?” Kris spoke.

Ne. I think—“

Kris squeezed Chen’s shoulder hard. “Do you really want to know what it means?”

Then Chen answered slowly, “N-ne, hyung….”

Chen’s answer didn’t sound so sure, giving Kris a hint that he already knew something about this EXOmania_icon’s comment (Google translate was ready for everyone, right?). Moreover, Kris was always know that question like this would come up, sooner or later. Now, Kris tried to face that situation with cold emotion, so nobody would get hurt. Especially his own precious member.

“Chen, I want you to know this one thing. You’re the best vocalist I ever knew,” said Kris. “You sang our songs perfectly. You could reach up high note easily. Your weakness is just your poor mandarin pronounciation, but you’re still in learning and you’re getting better everyday. Just off they who’s doubting you! Me, and the members, know your real ability and you’re the best.”

Chen smiled, appreciating the leader’s excessesive symphaty. “Hyung, just translate it for me, honestly. No sweet ad-lib, please….”

Kris was left with no choice.

Hearing those sentences straightly in Korean, made Chen nodding up and down with a little of sad smile. It was true that he couldn’t give proof for his angelic voice in live performance all this time, not like what D.O and Baekhyun did, yet.  As the main vocalist, Chen didn’t speak Mandarin so well, he was stuck with the translator everywhere, together with Xiumin. Yes, he’s birth as a Korean. Wrong pronounciation of Mandarin song would give misunderstanding for they who recognize them as China’s idol, not made in Korea idols for China’s market. SM chose lypsync performance for EXO-M, as Chen spent his time for learning better Mandarin again and again.  

At that time, EXO-K had successfuly gained trust as an idol with super vocal. Maybe there were some mistakes, like some out of tune, but fans were pretty damn sure about the quality of EXO-K vocalists, D.O and Baekhyun; what this EXOmania_icon doubted was Luhan and Chen, the vocalists of EXO-M.

Since he was Korean, Chen probably would defend himself by saying a childish excuse like he could do his best when singing Korean songs, maybe far better than D.O and Baekhyun did. But he didn’t. Because he was a part of the EXO-M. M stood for Mandarin. It was impossible to let him sing in Korean. His duty was to promote EXO’s songs in Mandarin, while D.O and Baekhyun took over the duty of Korean version.

And was it, an arrogant thought like being better than the other two, stupid? EXO is one, right? ‘We are one’ wasn’t just a chant for public, right?

He had to do something. He MUST. Deepening the thought of it, Chen asked himself. Were they really just pretty boys who only knew how to dance and act in some variety show?

 

NO.

 

So, Chen proven it with live performance a couple times. The real live performance just like what everyone demanded, what everyone expected. He chose to sing for his individual talent in some show, along with Luhan, while Xiu Min showed his bao zhi cuteness, Kris came with his cool act, Tao came with his unbeatable Wushu, and then Lay with his finger play on accoustic guitar. Chen showed everyone that his capability as a good singer was worth it, it was proved.  

Up until now, maybe it really did work.

 

EXOmania_icon posting this on July, 21th 2012.

I couldn’t say anything right now. My finger is always hitting play icon, repeatin’ this video again and again..

I went crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EXO-M was incredible or should I say, magnificent! They can sing, baby! Check out their live of Angel in this variety show. Oh my god, what am I doing all this time? Chen and Luhan didn’t deserve my doubt. I’m so sorry, baby. I’ll go curse myself next time..

Hey, I’ll tell you once again.. THEY CAN SING!!!

I love you, EXO-M!

EXO saranghaja!

WE ARE ONE!

 

 

 

~~~FIN~~~

 

*EXOmania_icon is fictional.

Kim Jongdae/Chen/Chen-Chen... FIGHTING!!! Maybe you're not my No.1, but you're one of the best singer that i know, even not now but you will.