machine

Let Me

 

machine;
_______________________________________________________________________________
                                   Does she have emotions? I just can't believe she's a person who is capable of love.

Who exactly is she?

I want to know. I really want to know. 

I often find myself looking at her without knowing. My eyes are drawn to her, as if some strange force of the universe has tied a rope from my eyes to her beautiful form. Whenever she moves, my eyes follow her, and everything that fills my eyes is simply

her.

Why do I look at her so much?

She doesn't seem that interesting. If this force, whatever one can call it, did not exist, and I did not look at her all the time, I don't think I would find her very interesting. She's normal enough. Normal eyes, normal hair, normal body, normal everything,

except for her aura.

It must be the way she carries herself. The way she acts, that must be it. I'm intrigued. Yes, she's interesting in that sense. Not by her appearance, but by the way she acts. She's like a machine, her body moving with such mechanic grace it can only be performed by a robot, a manmade object, anything but a human. She smiles, but it doesn't quite lift as much as it should. It only reaches halfway, as if she is smiling because she has to, not because she wants to. 

And her eyes are the most intriguing of all.

When I look into her eyes, I see nothing. It's not right. I always see something, whether it be happniess or sadness or anything else a human is capable of feeling. But with her, it scares me. All I see are brown orbs of nothing, a black hole of absolutely nothing, and I always look at it, sinking into nothing at all.

And yet she still manages to be everything. 

She is the screech of tires on asphalt, she is the fleeting touch of the wind, she is the feeling of euphoria I get whenever I am awake and asleep at the same time. She is the beginning of the world, where everything is a bit more primitive than it is supposed to be for that one moment.

She is who she is, and I think I love that.

I think I love her.

But she won't let me love her, will she? She doesn't have friends, I can see that. Friendly conversations and civil nods of the head do not count as real friends. Maybe peers, maybe coworkers, barely even acquaintances, but certainly not friends with substantial meaning to them. They are simply people that come and go. Doesn't she feel lonely? She must feel lonely, but I can never tell because she never shows it.

Everyone is a little bit lonely.

It's human nature to want to belong, but then again, is she even human? Maybe not. Probably not, judging by the way she's so emotionless and only offers feelings when appropriate.

It's exciting. I see it as a challenge. I can taste it on the tip of my tongue, burning in anticipation. This is what I live for: the rush of adrenaline and a goal to achieve. I love it. I love her.

One day, I will get her to show me a real smile. A smile that reaches all the way to her beautiful eyes. I'll make her smile so wide that it will be able to spread the whole world in sunlight. I'll make her smile, and her eyes will be filled with something. Anything. Just to get her to show me an emotion, I'll do anything.

She needs substance.

She needs me. I want her to need me.

I'll achieve this goal someday. She will realize soon enough that someone like me will benefit her in the long run. She doesn't plan on spending the rest of her life being lonely, does she? I hope not.

I'll prove to her that she is human. I will.

I promise.

_______________________________________________________________________________

(A/N).

Well this took a long time to come out, huh? I planned on releasing this chapter a while ago, but oops.

Laziness got in the way. Sorry.

Oh and who do you think the narrator is? He can be whoever you want him to be, honestly. I had a few people in mind, but it's all up to you, wonderful reader! I'd like to know what you think. ambitious, a bit cocky, hmm. The characteristics of _______.

_( h a r l e q u i n. )