little treasures

falling for you

 

Choi Jonghun was the assigned teacher of class Treasures, contrary to the name of the class, the children in it weren’t treasures, not at all. They consisted of a cluster of about fifteen to twenty little children who were all unique in personality. The main troublemakers were Seunghyun and his apparent sidekick, Minhwan. Seunghyun was a little on the rambunctious side and tended to be a little bit out of this world, constantly sticking his hand in the jar of glue left on in the little cubby holes and eating it. Also, he tended to rub the excess glue and saliva on his hand on everyone’s faces, Minhwan being the main victim to this disgusting habit. He also had a co-teacher who acted like a little kindergartener himself and a part-time assistant from a high school a couple blocks away, but he was insanely lazy and didn’t bother to do anything that required him to do work.

“Seunghyun, you shouldn’t eat the glue, it isn’t healthy,” Jonghun scolds softly, bringing himself down at eye-level with the five year old. He gives Seunghyun a small smile in hopes that the small kid would understand what he’s trying to convey, but it was obviously failing.

Seunghyun looks up at Jonghun with wide eyes, his hand still in his mouth and drool mixed with glue dripping the side of his mouth. He takes his hand out of his mouth and rubs it against Jonghun’s face. Jonghun cringes a little and his smile falters, but he manages to keep his calm as Jaejin, the part-time assistant snickers quietly with Hongki, the co-teacher.

“Shhhh, Teacher Choi, you’ll never understand the wonders of glue,” Seunghyun says in a hushed tone, continuing to rub his saliva and glue covered hand against Jonghun’s cheek.

“Seunghyun,” Minhwan hisses out, “Teacher Choi is going to hit you if you don’t stop.”

“No he isn’t.” Seunghyun points at Jonghun’s face, “he’s still smiling, so it means he won’t hit me.”

Oh how Jonghun wish he could hit him, but the parents would complain and he didn’t want complaints. He already heard the things Yonghwa had went through when the parents of his students in class Blue gave him a call about him apparently yelling at one of the students for not being quiet during nap times. Hasn’t Yonghwa even learned, nap times don’t work with children most of the time, especially after they had too much sugar. A sigh escapes his lips right as Seunghyun gasps dramatically.

“You’re just jealous that I’m touching Teacher Choi’s face and not yours!” Seunghyun yells out gleefully.

Minhwan shakes his head and begins to back away, “no I’m not.”

Seunghyun puffs out his cheeks, “you’re just saying that because I’m right, now give me your face.” The small child sticks out his hands and begins to reach for Minhwan’s cheeks. Minhwan runs away, as fast as he can with his stubby legs, it’s not like Seunghyun’s any better tripping over his own rather long legs for a five year old. “Hey! Minhwan, stop running away!”

“Teacher Choi! Hyung, save me!” Minhwan cries out, still trying to get away from Seunghyun.

Jonghun shakes his head as the two kids run around the classroom; he really didn’t understand why he even chose to be a teacher. Even Hongki was a better teacher than him; he could actually deal with children unlike Jonghun.

Jaejin rubs Jonghun’s back, “you’re horrible at this dealing with children thing.”

“Like you do anything,” Jonghun scoffs. “Why did you even take this job?”

“It’d look good on my college resume,” Jaejin says with a smug look.

“You’re a little sh—“

“No cursing in front of the children, Jonghunnie,” Hongki calls out while lifting giving one of the children, Myungsoo if Jonghun is correct (they all look the same sometimes), a small toy.

Jonghun ruffles the back of his head and sighs. “Just stop sitting around and help me catch Seunghyun and Minhwan,” he commands as he starts to reach for Seunghyun.

“Aye aye, captain,” Jaejin replies back in a mocking tone and chases after Minhwan.

How he hates life, Jonghun thinks as Seunghyun presses his hand, the one covered with his spit and wet glue, on Jonghun’s cheek again. Maybe he would do better teaching a class filled with teens than a class filled with little rambunctious five year olds. Probably not.

 

-----

a/n: little quick stress reliever