(Alternate crack ending)

Picture of You

  (ALTERNATE ENDING)

“Kyuhyun-ah,” a lump forms in my throat as I speak, and my words are stolen from me as I feel myself falling to my knees. That keyless box explodes, and I feel like I’m drowning as I look at that picture of you.

"Kyuhyun-ah, Kyuhyun-ah . . ." Over and over, I call out to you. The putrid contents of that box that I thought I'd safely sealed away reveal themselves one cruel instance at a time, and I call out to you until my voice disappears. I'm sorry. I'm really sorry. "Hyung is sorry." Over and over, I apologize to that picture of you. Over and over again, I make wishes and beg God to wake me up. I wish you were here to tell me, "It's ok, hyung."

The funeral home is empty and quiet; just Kyuhyun and I are still here. I look at his picture, and the tears just won't stop until I finally succumb to exhaustion . . .

 

Yawn . . .

I woke up in the funeral home when I heard a yawn and string of curses. Confused, I look around; the room is empty save for a black casket, burned-out incense, and that picture of you. But then what I see nearly causes my to heart stop: a pale, thin white hand was reaching out of the casket.

"Oh, damn it! I lost!" The curses continued with sounds of laser guns being fired.

I look around again, confused. Unmistakably, that was the evil maknae's voice. But that's impossible.

"Die, die, die, you alien scum!"

Bewildered now, I frantically look around; there is no one here except me. I walk up to the casket and see that the lid is open. And Kyuhyun was laying inside.

"Oh, hyung, you're still here," the maknae says casually, not even looking up from the notebook on his stomach.

I stare into the open casket and blink. What is this? And Kyuhyun is in the casket. What is this? He's in it. And he's alive. And playing Starcraft.

"Hyung, can you go plug this in? My battery's low," the maknae holds out the power cord to me.

I stare at the bone-white hand with disbelief. What is this? This evil maknae is cozily playing Starcraft in a coffin. In a funeral home.

"Hyung, hurry! I'm dying!" Kyuhyun whines, furiously mashing keys on his keyboard.

My legs are locked in place as my hands reach into the coffin and pinch the should-be corpse's cheeks; they're warm.

"Ow! Hyung, what was that for?" growls the maknae, finally looking up from his game. "Ow, ow, ow, what the hell is wrong with --" I keep pinching his face as hot tears spill from my eyes. He's alive.

"Jungsoo-hyung, I'm ok," Kyuhyun says, grabbing my wrists and pulling my hands away from his reddening face. He pulls me closer and hugs me tightly. "I'm sorry for scaring you, hyung. But I'm ok now." He releases me and gives me a cheeky smile. "Now go plug this in." He places the end of the power cord in my hands and shifts his attention back to the computer screen.

 

 

A/N: Just an alternate crack ending to give Kyuhyun some lines ^^ apologies if there's any mistakes. Which ending do you prefer? ^^

20130413 - minor grammatical edit, fixes, and tried conveying slightly ruder speech forms (Kyuhyun) with English.

20130727 - re-aligned paragraphs