Final

Sorry.. Dear..

“How could you do this to me??,” he asked me.

“I’m sorry,” I replied looking away from his face.

I walked away from the table and out of the building. I knew that he’s upset and it’s my fault. I wasn’t ready to be with him despite that he gave his all to this relationship. I know that people would say that I’m a fool and an idiot to let go of him. He’s the perfect guy in their words. He’s respectful, good-looking, gentle, rich and very friendly. I admit that he is perfect too as my parents to like him and wished that he would be the one I get married too. But I wasn’t ready and that is the truth.

“I will wait for you to be ready, love,” he told me with a sad look.

“I know but you shouldn’t do that. I’m really sorry,” I said when we met up again at the mall.

“But.. I really do love you and I’m willing to wait for you,” the young man who most girls would do anything to be with told me and took my hands in his.

“Hwichan.. I..” I began to speak when he silenced me with his kiss.

Despite all my protests to this relationship, he never did give up on me even though I know that inside it is hurting him. I often wondered to myself whenever I am with him if he hated me for this. I would have understood if he decided to move on to someone else, but he didn’t. I grew to love him despite my insecurities. I guess people would say that I am a lucky girl for having the love of the most perfect man in the world.

“Serene.. Saranghae,” Hwichan said to me when he came to pick me up from work.
“Hwichan, I know.” I replied like usual.

I often wondered why is it that I wasn’t ready to be in a relationship and open my heart to someone. I guess its probably because of what I’ve seen on what happens to people when they are in a relationship from my friends. When they are heartbroken, they are miserable and etc while at the same time when they are happy, its very energetic and can be a bit annoying when you listen to them gush over their lovers all day long. I think I’m probably not willing to change myself yet and afraid of being hurt too. Maybe one day I’ll open my heart to Hwichan and be ready to be his girlfriend. But that day is not now.

“Hwichan oppa..,” I called while we were strolling at the park.
“Ndeh,” he replied.

“Why did you pick me??,” I asked.

“Because.. You are a pretty, honest, caring and the most sweetest girl that I’ve met and I would never give up and let you go,” he replied with a smile and gave a kiss on my forehead.

“But.. I’ve hurt you so much for not being ready to be in a relationship with you. So, why do you still stick around??,” I said to him.

“I was hurt when you did not accept me as your boyfriend at first. But I did not want to force you to be with me which is why I am willing to wait for you to open up your heart to me,” Hwichan said and smiled while squeezing my hand.

I sighed and in a way glad that he had not given up on me yet. I felt myself falling deeper in love with him more whenever we go out together on dates or just to hang out with our friends. I think my heart is warming up to him sooner than I thought. I smiled as he called me up again after we talked about it a few weeks ago saying that he missed me. I laughed when he said that I should quickly come over and warm him up since it’s very cold in New York where he went for a business meeting.

“Hwichan oppa. Thank you for not giving up on me. I think I am ready now to give my heart to you,” I told him when we went out for dinner together.

“Are you sure, Serene,” he asked with a serious expression on his face but his eyes showing happiness when a few months ago was filled with tears when I told him I wasn’t ready.

“Ndeh. Will you be my boyfriend, Hwichan oppa,” I asked and blushed.

“Omo.. So cute.. Yes, my sweet. I will be your boyfriend,” he exclaimed and pinched my cheeks.

We laughed and celebrated the occasion which made my Hwichan smile happily as his patience has paid off. My friends too were happy when they found out about it when I told them.

“Finally!! Now, we can’t wait for the wedding bells to ring,” one of my best friends teased me when it was a girl’s night out.

“It’s still too early to get married,” I replied with a smile.

Over the years, our relationship went slow and grew steadily. Thankfully both of us haven’t changed that much in my opinion. After 2 years of dating, he proposed to me which I accepted as I really wanted to spend my life with him. Everyone attended my wedding, including my hyper friends and Hwichan’s boys who were glad to see him well off with me. Eventually over the years I knew the man named Hwichan, I learned to open my heart and appreciate what I have despite my insecurities. I am glad that he is a stubborn and patient guy, if not I wouldn’t have fallen in love with him and marry him. As they always have said, patience is a virtue and this is the proof of the saying which I am glad to be in.