01

How do you Love me now

I wake up at the sound of my father yelling at me. I was I think past 10 in the morning..

"Yah EunJi! wake up now. I need you to be all dressed up by 12." My dad said while I was still laying in the bed and wanting to sleep more. But I immediately got up and fix my self. 

I bowed and said "abeoji, waeyo? Where are we going at lunch???" I looked at my father who is always wearing a suit.

"A bussiness meeting and its important for you to come." He said and I looked that him like something strange was happening. Those last words he said was a sound of sadness.

 

I don't want my Dad or Mom looking said. In my all my life, I've been trying so  hard to make them happy. I did my best in school and graduated in college with flying colors. All the hardships I get in college was gone in a snap when I saw my mom and dad looking so happy when they attended my college graduation. I felt really really happy. I love them all my heart and I don't want to see them looking disappointed. And now I am handling our company since dad wants me to handle it. Its a Car business that my grandfather built since he loves cars and he gave it to my dad and now I am the heir of this company since I am their only child.

 

"Ne appa, but is there something wrong? Your looking sad appa. " I look at him closely.

"Its nothing dear but I want you to know that Me and your mom loves you and we are doing everything just to make you happy." He said as a tear drop from his eye.

"Appa! why are you crying??? Did mom and you fight??? or is the company in trouble?? I am handling the company right???" I said and feeling nervous and worried.

"Let me tell you that you're handling it very well. I tought you very well my dear. Better than me actually!" He said while brushing of the  tear that just fell of his cheek. "Now go and fix yourself then." He continued.

"Ne" I said thinking whats possibly wrong

 

It was afternoon when we got to a fancy restaurant. The interior was nice so I can say the food will be expensive and hoping its good too. 

 

I wore a simple blazer top and some black jeans  since I don't really like to show my skin very much.

And as I enter the room I saw some people on the table where my Mom and Dad were heading. There was a

mid 50's man who looks like the same age as my dad and a woman also that is likely a familiar face too me. I think she is a close friend of my Mom. And beside her I saw a guy and he looks like the same age as me. He looks quite irritated and seems to be bored. He has black hair and I immediately notice his cute eyes. Our eyes met and I quickly look at the opposite side. 

 

"Well! here they are! Hello Mr and Mrs. Choi! its very lovely to see you again.." The lady stands up and hug my dad and my mom. And so was the man. I think they are family. And its their son who is sitting in front of me.

Well I don't know his name. 

 

"Ahh and this is your lovely daughter right?" The man asked my dad. My dad nods and said "Yes, Eunji meet Mr. and Mrs. Yook"

I bowed and said "Oh Annyeong Haseyo Choi EunJi imnida" with a smile on my face.

"Yes EunJi-ah you grew up very well" Mr. Yook said. "and very lovely too!" Mrs. Yook added to. 

"Oh and this is.. yah! Sungjae-ah get up here! aishh this boy..." Mrs. Yook said with a shy smile to me. 

 

The boy abruptly stands up and bowed. "Annyeong Haseyo Yook Sungjae imnida." He said with an expresionless face. But is it me or I find him cute? Oh no *slap self. So Sungjae is his name.. hmmmm..

 

We sat down and have lunch while eating with Mom, Dad, Mr. and Mrs. Yook. I don't know actually why am I here. I mean they were chatting some stuff that I can't even relate. I don't know why Sungjae is here even more. We were just sitting and eating awkwardly face to face. And he seems to be bored though. Well I can't blame him. I myself, find this lunch quite boring too. 

 

"So Sungjae-ssi what do you do?" I said making the atmosphere lighten up.

"Hm, Some stuff.." he said while chewing some food. 

"Oh. okay" Well that was a nice convo. ugh. Its so boring here.

"EunJi here honey is handling their family's company you know!" Here mom excitedly said to Sungjae.

I bowed at the compliment and smiled. "huh Oh really?? well I don't care" He said while his mom immediately slaps his arm. 

Well talk about being mean. Is he always like that?? 

The lunch continued and then after that my dad said they had some annoucement. Why do I feel nervous???

maybe this is nothing.. 

"EunJi-ah I know that you know that me and your mom loves you. Right?" I nod.

"waeyo appa? Is their something wrong???" I ask worriedly.

"Well honey I think nows the perfect time to get married and settle down.," My mom said.

"Huh? what? mom? what are you saying??? I don't even have a boyfriend!" I sad thinking maybe this was justan imagination..

"Well Honey that is why we are here! together with my son!" Mrs. Yook exclaimed.

"What??? " I look at Sungjae and he looks expressionless. 

"We've been thinking that you and Sungjae here should get married. Its the benefit for all of us here." My dad said.

"You what?! Dad!! No. I am not a 3 year old that you can deside things for me!!" I am really confused here.

As my dad futher tires to let me understand Sungjae immediately walks out. "Yah Sungjae-ah!!!" Her mom yelled at him but he seems to hear nothing..

"please forgive my son, he is still quite shock at the moment although we've talked about it." Mr yook said and looks at me. 

"honey, you don't want to disappoint us right???" Thats the term. My mom really knows how to let me agree with things.

I cannot do anything and I just nod........

"Then its settled! It will happen on nextweek!" Mrs. Yook then said excitedly.

"What??? why so sudden??" I looked at my mom.

"well honey.. we are thinking about it last few weeks ago." my mom said and laughed shyly.

Oh no. What am I entering?????