Mornings are so Depressing

In Heaven

A/N~ I do not, unfortunately, own Eunhae, (Although I wish I did cause I would 'use' them for so many different 'things' *winkwink,nudgenudge*) Neither do I own JYJ's In Heaven. I do hope you enjoy this fanfic inspired by the MV, though!!!

 

     In the darkness stood a lone figure. A figure of a man that had been gone for several years. He waited in the deafening silence, never moving. Another stood at a distance. He was not standing still. He was running towards the man across from him, eyes full of longing, and unspeakable loneliness. But no matter how much he ran, no matter how fast he did, he could never reach the one that he had set his eyes on. It was as if the darkness pulled the other away from him, never allowing a touch, a feel, a hold for the young man. He screamed for him, but fell to his knees in defeat after the darkness had swallowed his once beloved in a coat of sheer black emptiness. Leaving him in tears and the unbearable feeling of painful guilt. "If only you cared a little more," the darkness whispered, in a voice all too familiar to the weeping young man. " If only you could've been there..... for me," it whispered, fading away into nothingness. There was nothing but the cries and screams of a single individual in a cold and dark void.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

     Eunhyuk awoke with a jolt and sat upright in his large king-sized bed. He looked around and noticed how dimly lit his bedroom was. 'What time is it?,' he thought.

     He felt exhausted from last night's work. He slept rather late yet still couldn't finish the huge stack of documents that had been given to him. He glanced at the alarm clock beside his bed. It read 4:37a.m. He sighed and brought a hand through his dark mahogany-colored hair. 'Can't go back now,' he said to himself. He trudged to the bathroom and looked at himself in the huge mirror. His eyes were lifeless, never indicating of a happy life before. Dark bags hung under his eyes, showing his fatigue. His mouth displayed a natural frown. He was once not like this. He was once happy, content with his life. But that was years ago. A time that he had tried to forget and push towards the back of his mind.

     He looked away from himself. He turned the shower on cold. He stepped in and let the cooling water awaken his tired body. He stepped out after a short while. He dried himself, leaving his hair damp, then changed into some comfortable clothing, which included a regular white t-shirt and a pair of gray sweatpants. He walked out to his kitchen/dining room, toothbrush in hand, and poured himself a glass of orange juice. He put the cool beverage aside on his small kitchen island and walked to the kitchen sink in order to finish his brushing.

     It had been a while since his last day off. He never really thought about taking a break from his work. It had been the only thing that kept his lonesome self busy. It had at least taken away the numb feeling of solitude when he was in his office with working employees scurrying around in order to uphold deadlines and schedules. Although, he himself was alone in his rather large glass office aside from the usual visiting staff, at least he had some sort of company. Even if that 'company' did not personally speak to him.

     After rinsing his now minty tasting mouth, he took a small sip of his orange juice. He nearly spat it out when the strange mixed flavor of orange juice and toothpaste touched his taste buds. He reluctantly swallowed the distasteful liquid then placed it as far away from him as possible, as if it were some sort of hazardous poison. " I'm never drinking orange juice after brushing my teeth ever again," Eunhyuk muttered in disgust. Instead, after rummaging through his unbelievably large fridge, he poured himself a drink of cold strawberry milk, which tasted far less disturbing than his previous 'refreshment.' He continued with his usual morning routine of making himself a small yet appetizing breakfast, which included a bowl of cereal with a variety of sliced fruits and, of course, strawberry milk.

     Before he knew it, he was done with his meal and had nothing to do in mind. Eunhyuk had the usual habit of reading the newspaper in the morning. However, today didn't seem to be much of a reading day, so he decided to just stare blankly at his living space. He noticed the small rays of light coming through his window, indicating the sun had finally decided to wake from its slumber. His eyes roamed around, not knowing what to focus on.

     Eunhyuk lived lavishly, even if he may not show it in his expressions. He wore expensive suits, owned a luxury car, and lived in a grand home; A two-story modern building that had a beautifully designed structure, and a luxurious pool in the back (The links are at the bottom). The inside was just as stunning as the outside, as well. It, however, had a far more relaxing and comfortable ambience than the glamorous exterior. The furniture was the lovely combination of soft and cooling blues, sleek greys and blacks, and powdery whites with a contrasting dark wood colored flooring. However, no matter how extravagant his home was, it was nothing but a large and comfortless space. He had invited people once before. It was usually for business parties or company gatherings, though. He had never invited anyone special in his home for years. Many have told him to go and find someone to fill the emptiness of the house. He never could bring himself to find another. Because no else could ever fill the hollow void that was once Donghae.

     His one and only love of his life. The reason for his many sleepless nights. The reason for all the guilt and sadness that plagued Eunhyuk's battered heart for five long years. No matter how many years had passed, when Eunhyuk stared at Donghae's smiling face, he could almost feel another piece of his already-damaged heart breaking away. The last time he had seen Donghae's face was on that fateful day. The day when he let his heart fall to the ground and shatter into the sharp pain inflicting ice that would slowly, but surely, kill him for the next five agonizing years.

Eunhyuk's House

Eunhyuk's Interior

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

A/N~ OH MY GOSH! I finally finished it. Even if it took me more than a year to finally finish this one chapter. And guess what? I started at midnight and finished four hours later. Isn't it great when your writing mind decides to wake up at ungodly hours just so you can write down whatever the hell is in your head? I just love it....... ANYWAY, I REALLY do hope you enjoyed this chapter. Even if it was rather depressing. Leave a comment about my writing (Please be nice >~<) and keep your fingers crossed for the next update. Which will probably up in a week or so if life doesn't decide to come knocking at my door. ENJOY! And Happy Independence Day to my fellow Americans. (Even if I am Asian)