All for one.

One Shot, One Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

The atmosphere was tense.

“Yongguk-hyung,” Zelo carefully took out a thumb-drive from his pocket and gave it to my brother.

I bit my nails, remaining my spot cramped next to my brother on a worn-out couch.

Daehyun gave my shoulders a comforting squeeze as he towers me from the back of the couch. I looked up to him giving me a soft smile. “It’s gonna be alright.”

I didn’t respond. I know it’s not alright.

Yongguk twirled the device in between his fingers. He kept on his emotionless expression. But I know him best. I could see the doubt in his eyes. The fear. The anger.

Daehyun joined next to me on the couch. His clenched jaws relaxed as I looked at him. He placed a hand on mine, though failed to make eye-contact. “Everything will be fine,” he murmured, almost as if trying to comfort himself.

I glanced over at Jongup at the side. At his bandaged head, previously nurtured by me. I hope the bandage would help since we couldn’t risk going to the hospital.

We couldn’t risk getting caught. 

I gripped onto the cross pendant around my neck, similar to Yongguk’s.

It’s how our life was.

The room was eerily quiet as 6 pairs of eyes stared intensely as Yongguk connected the device to his laptop.

Himchan leaned closer to watch. His lips were sealed tight, every muscle on his face was tense.  

I took in a sharp breath, afraid of what the content might be.

The file buffered for what felt like an eternity before the screen buzzed.

A man with a face-cover came to view.

I muffled a sudden cry as the man backed away from the camera, revealing another man, towering over their victim who was chained to a wooden chair.

I heard Yongguk curse under his breath next to me.

Youngjae.

Youngjae, with blood trickling down the corner of his lips and bruises all over his face.

They continued hitting him mercilessly. He was treated like an animal. Youngjae’s agonizing cries filled the room through the speakers.

I couldn’t bear to watch as my trembling hands clung onto Yongguk’s toned arm, burying my face in his chest. “Please make it stop,” I cried helplessly.

Yongguk remained motionless.

“You shouldn’t be watching this, Yonghee,” Himchan voiced out slowly, trying to balance his breathing. He reached out to pull me away, and that was when the screen showed as they hang a sign of $ 10000000 around Youngjae’s neck.

They harshly pulled on his hair, jerking his head back. An ugly smirk spread across the face of one of them, rubbing his fingers together. Signifying what they want.

The video buzzed off.

Yongguk slammed the laptop shut. “We have to come up with a plan.”

-

“No,” Yongguk pressed on sternly, his vice-like grip on my forearm tightened, “you cannot come with us.”

“Oppa,” I held in the surging tears, trying my best not to break eye-contact, “you know how much Youngjae means to me. I want him to be safe. I want to be of help, too.”

Yongguk clenched his jaws and pushed me down onto our couch. “You. Stay. Here,” he warned through gritted teeth, “If I ever catch you wandering around, I swear, I’ll—”

Zelo cautiously held him back, pulling him by his arm “Hyung, come on. It’ll get dark soon.”

Yongguk continued to stare at me with blood-shot eyes before storming out the garage door.

Zelo neared me and sighed. “Noona,” he placed a camera strap around his neck, “Yongguk-hyung just cares for you an awful lot. He just doesn’t want you to get hurt. You know that very well yourself, right?”

I let my gaze fall to the cold, cement floor.

“Noona,” he softly called once more. I slowly looked up to him. “Smile,” the camera flashed. He smiled and made a peace-sign before tailing Yongguk outside, pulling down the garage door as he does so.

Just then, Jongup walked over and took his jacket from a coffee table placed in front of me. He tied it around his waist. Daehyun rushed over and grabbed his keys.

“Where are you guys going?”

“We’re just gonna go get some stuff from a friend,” Daehyun assured, fumbling with his keys.

“What stuff? What friend?” I pressed on, getting on my feet.

“Just some toys for us boys, and some friends underground,” Jongup grinned, his slanted eyes turning into crescents.

I grabbed my jacket from the arm rest and put it on.

“Whoa, you’re not going anywhere, missy,” Daehyun sighed, pushing me down by the shoulders. “This is a job for us boys, alright? You better stay put.”

“Don’t just suddenly treat me like a woman. You had always treated me like one of the guys before. I deserve to do whatever you guys do.”

“True that, but no can do, Yonghee. You staying here and be safe is what matters most.”

“You can’t do this to me,” I uttered, barely a whisper. I was exhausted – physically and mentally. “You know how much Youngjae means to me—”

“And we know how much he’d wish you’re safe,” Jongup finally concluded, ending our argument.

Daehyun let out another heavy sigh and my hair. “The last thing all of us want right now is you getting in danger as well. None of us could bear that.”

I kept my eyes away from their gaze as they walked off. Opening and shutting the garage door once again. Everyone was being different. Everyone was being...serious.

Their intense look. Their determination.

It wasn’t something I could ever get used to.

Images of Youngjae getting beat up kept on repeating in my head. It had been almost a week. Almost seven days since the recording was sent to us. All the time they had been plotting a plan in our game room. Never once did they let me in. Never did they let me know what their plan was.

Ten million is a hell lot.

They had to find that much amount of money in such a short amount of time.

They’re stealing, of course.

Sure, that’s what we do literally our whole life. Our whole gang. It’s how we live.

But to get that much...

They’re definitely placing themselves in much danger.

All for Youngjae.

Because we all love him. He’s one of us.

I tried blocking my thoughts away, walking towards where Himchan was busy repairing the car. Or upgrading.

“Himchan-yah.”

Himchan slid out from under the car and gave me a smile. He had black oil stains on his cheeks. “Well hello there, kiddo. How can I help you?”

My legs gave in as I sat down on the ground.

Himchan crawled out with a groan. He sat next to me and placed a spanner back into a tool box. His legs were spread out in front of him as he let out a relaxed sigh, “What a nice weather today, huh?”

“I’m pretty sure you haven’t went out of this stinking place since, like, ever. You wouldn’t know if it’s sunny or raining. Heck, you wouldn’t even know if it’s day or night. So don’t try to weather-talk me. You’re just making yourself sound stupid, like the idiot you are.”

“It’s pretty unfair to be letting out your anger on me, isn’t it?”

I turned to look at him. Yes, it was anger. I was angry with myself for not being able to do anything. Not being able to help them in any ways. I was useless.

Himchan wrapped an arm around me, pulling me closer to him. I rested my head against his chest, founding comfort. “You’re a good girl, Yonghee. We all love you.”

His warmness developed me as I took in the black-oil scent of his black shirt. He held me tighter against him and started rocking back and forth, humming to a slow melody.

“How come you’re so calm about this whole thing?”

“If I’m not, then who would? Who would be able to comfort you?”

I smiled, standing up to admire the upgrades he had done to our truck. “You never really liked Youngjae, did you? Ever since he started joining our gang,” I suddenly voiced out, trailing my fingers over the new engine.

Himchan nonchalantly shook his head. “He kindda annoys me.”

I l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter